Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright ladies and gents. It`s time for me to really start looking. She`s just not runnin right anymore, though she`s in perfect mechanical condition. I can just feel her slippin away, poor XLT. We had some good times and she held up well. Anyways, I need some good suggestions. Here are my requirements for my new car.

- Quick (0-60 in 7.0 seconds or better; this is non-negotiable)

- Preferably V6 or better

- Manual or Tiptronic transmission

- Smooth ride, good handling

- Rear-wheel drive or AWD (FWD being not acceptable)

- Refined, but sporty

- Nice amenities (navigation screen almost a requirement; leather, sunroof, power everything, perhaps even upgraded stereo)

- Quality automobile that will run with a minimal amount of service

- Good customer service

- Good AFTERMARKET SUPPORT (ie lots of parts for better performance; money being no object)

- less than or equal to $45,000 when it`s all said and done (45k is the ceiling; will not pay more than $200 over invoice either)

Alright... I`m not asking too much, am I? Anyways. I`ve got a few cars that I`ve been impressed with and meet the requirements as best I can tell, but I want to add more cars to the list. Here`s my list as it stands(in order of preference):

1) Audi S4 (newly designed body style; 2003?? any pictures would help me out if anybody can get them)

2) 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT

3) Subaru WRX

4) Lexus IS 300

I would really like any pictures that anyone can supply on the new S4 body style. I believe that I have seen 1 on the road, but I`ll be sure if I see a picture of it. I welcome any other suggestions on cars, just as long as they meet most of the requirements I`ve set forth. Help me out guys, I really want to be happy with my new car. Just know that at the moment, I am leaning HEAVILY towards the S4.

Help me out here ladies/fellas.
    Sean

2009 Honda Accord EX-L

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

2001 BMW 330ci Convertible (gone)

2003 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra (gone)

Post Thanks / Like
    I would suggest the penultimate choice..

a Ford Lightning.. it will do all of what you are asking, or you can add it on for well under the amount you are willing to spend.. put a hard tonneau on the back and it will have more trunk space than any other car out there...

Dana:up

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ExplorerXLT95

- Quick (0-60 in 7.0 seconds or better; this is non-negotiable)

- Preferably V6 or better

- Manual or Tiptronic transmission

- Smooth ride, good handling

- Rear-wheel drive or AWD (FWD being not acceptable)

- Refined, but sporty

- Nice amenities (navigation screen almost a requirement; leather, sunroof, power everything, perhaps even upgraded stereo)

- Quality automobile that will run with a minimal amount of service

- Good customer service

- Good AFTERMARKET SUPPORT (ie lots of parts for better performance; money being no object)

- less than or equal to $45,000 when it`s all said and done (45k is the ceiling; will not pay more than $200 over invoice either)

Alright... I`m not asking too much, am I? Anyways. I`ve got a few cars that I`ve been impressed with and meet the requirements as best I can tell, but I want to add more cars to the list. Here`s my list as it stands(in order of preference):

1) Audi S4 (newly designed body style; 2003?? any pictures would help me out if anybody can get them)

2) 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT

3) Subaru WRX

4) Lexus IS 300

I would really like any pictures that anyone can supply on the new S4 body style. I believe that I have seen 1 on the road, but I`ll be sure if I see a picture of it. I welcome any other suggestions on cars, just as long as they meet most of the requirements I`ve set forth. Help me out guys, I really want to be happy with my new car. Just know that at the moment, I am leaning HEAVILY towards the S4.

Help me out here ladies/fellas.

without a doubt, the Benz CLK 430....it is one of the most beautiful cars out there right now...the brand new ones are over $45k, but you can get a 2000 or 2001 for around your price...

Post Thanks / Like
    ejant,

Sorry man... Just not a big fan of Jaguars. I`ve driven an XK8 and just thought it wasn`t all that special. It`s a quality automobile, just not my "cup o tea". Thanks though.

Also, the Lightning would be a good idea, but I`m more so looking for a 4 door (S4, WRX). I will admite I love that truck though. Muscle Mustang & Fast Fords did a supercharger swap and a pulley swap and made 540 hp at the rear wheels. More than impressive. Also, I`ll have to check out the Benz CLK 430. See what it looks like.

Some more suggestions would be sweet ladies and gents. So would some invoice prices, tips, experiences, rants, comments and suggestions.

Keep em comin!! :xyxthumbs
    Sean

2009 Honda Accord EX-L

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

Post Thanks / Like
    Id go with the Audi S4, but Please do not get a Lexus IS300, unless you really have the urge to buy a car that looks liek an expensive Honda Civic.

I do not care how goo dfo a car it is, how fast it is, or the quality put into it. I se an IS300 I think look a Honda civic.

Post Thanks / Like
    WRX

I`m a little biased, but its a very nice car! AWD, not a v6 but 114 BHP per litre, its a peppy 4! Turbo lag is a small problem, but easy to avoid when wanted. Inside is quite, standard indash 6 disc cd changer, nice ride, etc...

I really like it!

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought a starmarked CLK430 and love it.

Do some test drives!

4 doors or 2? I prefer 2!

What about the new Nissan Z? That will be a kick *** car.

My opinion From the cars you listed.

1) S4 - is a sweet ride but everyone has an A4 they are all over the place, just to commen of a style for me. I`m assuming the style will be somewhat similiar to the new A4 style.

2) Mustang - havn`t seen the new cobra, not a big fan of the stang or Ford in general - unless it is an F series.

3) Subura - Nice car in all just don`t think it`s worth the money and the style doesn`t blow me away.

4) Lexus IS300- I always liked this car, quick, fun to drive and Lexus quality is top notch. Only downside, at times I can mistake it for Civic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also you might consider the VW W8 Passat 4motion.

Its all wheel drive 270hp and rides really nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    HOLY SHIMMY!!! Check this out!!! Just found some 2003 S4 pictures!!!

As if that wasn`t enough about it!! Check this out!!

The new S4 will either have a 2.7 twin-turbo rated at 300hp or a 4.2L V8, rated at 371hp. Tranny choices include a 6-speed stick, 6-speed manumatic, and 7-speed SMG type.

I`m REALLY starting to like the sound of the 2003 S4! I did see one of those on the road the other day and it impressed the hell out of me!

Found this on another site:

NEW S4

Coming in the spring of 2003, probable introduction at 2003 Detroit auto show.

Specs:

Faster than the current E46 BMW M3, 0-62 in under 4.5 seconds.

360 HP 4.2L V8, tuned to be even faster than the current S8.

Full aluminum suspension, aluminum hood, fenders and rear deck lid.

It should weigh in the neighborhood of 3500 lbs.

Some of the weight savings will come from lighter weight glass and magnesium frame seats.

Six-piston Brembo brakes.

Keep the suggestions coming guys and gals!
    Sean

2009 Honda Accord EX-L

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

Post Thanks / Like
    The BMW 330 Ci is nice: quick, handles well, rides nicely, well built, Rwd, nav available and the M3`s SMG (Sequential Manual Gearbox) is supposed to find its way into other 3 series cars (will have to wait a little for the SMG, otherwise, a manual or a sport shift 5 speed automatic are currently available). The only area that didn`t impress me on my `00 BMW was its paint; it looked only ok, chipped fairly easily and didn`t match the quality of the rest of the car (which was beautifully built, especially the interior).

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s something nobody has mentioned that`s just as important as finding the right car, Service After The Sale. You can buy the greatest car in the world, but poor service can spoil the whole experience. Check out some of the enthusiast boards, like audiworld.com, bimmerfest.com, etc. and research the customer satisfaction ratings for the dealers in your area. See if the dealership has a loaner car program and if they do, what kind of cars do they supply. Some dealerships contract with Enterprise for a loaner so you might drive an Audi, but get a Chevy Malibu for the loaner. My dealership, BMW of Nashville, spends $20k a month for a fleet of 40 cars so you can see providing loaner cars is a major expense. This is offset by $85-$105 per hour labor charges, but while your car is under warranty, it doesn`t matter. Also consider how convenient the dealership is to where you live and work.

My choice of cars for $45k: loaded BMW 330i, nicely equipped 525, loaded Audi A4 3.0 quattro for $37k, loaded A6 3.0 quattro for $45k, loaded VW Passat W8 for $39k. Looks like all my choices are German.

Post Thanks / Like
    My first recommendation is that you not listen to car comparisons. Choose the right car for YOU, not what some car magazine says. Car magazines can provide a lot of insight about a car, but it won`t tell you about which car is best for YOU.

Out of the four cars you`ve listed, I`d pick the S4 in a heartbeat. No question.

The M3 is an incredible car (despite the 60+ documented engine failures). You might consider getting one of the previous generation models. They`re cheaper than any of your other choices, a blast to drive, and reportedly very reliable.

I drove my friend`s WRX. (I drove it quite hard, in fact.) What a blast to drive! I couldn`t stop smiling for 20 minutes after I got out of the car. But while it`s a lot of fun to drive, it`s just not the car for me.

Of course I`m a little biased about the new car I just bought - a Mercedes C32 AMG. I`m really happy I bought it. You might might consider checking one out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think the WRX or SVT falls in line with the refined aspect you wanted in your car. I found the inside of boath to be a bit cheap in comparison to the S4 and the likes. Btw, why not a BMW, I`m not a fan, but they are good cars.

how are the svt`s on quality. If they are like other fords, they aren`t too good from my experience. it also depends on how long you plan on keeping the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not a Corvette?

350 hp, 6-speed,

under 45K

Soundsa like you want imports.... soo

1.G35(Infiniti)

2.330i/Xi/Ci(BMW)

3.s2000(HONDA)

4.530i(BMW)

5.Maxima-SE(Nissan)/I35(Infiniti)

6.350Z(Nissan)

7.S4(Audi)

8.A6 2.7T(Audi)

9.WRX(Suburu)

American

1.CTS (Cadillac)-Wait for Vette engine in CTS-i

2.Corvette(Chevrolet)

3.Cobra(Ford-SVT)

4.SVT F150(Ford-SVT)

These arent in any orfer, just a list
    Get out and Detail your car TODAY!

Post Thanks / Like
    All those cars sounds pretty nice but I`ll tell ya one thing - - you ain`t gonna get no S4 or SVT Cobra for $200 over. You might get a WRX for something close ($500-1000 over) if you`re lucky. Same with an IS300 if you buy The One Nobody Wants, i.e. cloth interior, no roof, no stereo upgrade, 5 speed, yucky color.

If you want tuner parts then stick to the Kraut cars like VW, Audi, and BMW.

If it were me I`d just lease a cheapo Passat or A4 and buy a toy to trick out. Or even better, buy someone else`s tricked out tuner car for pennies on the dollar.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information