Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking at possibly getting an SRT8. Right now I have a Wrangler unlimited 4 door Sahara and while I love it, it has no b@lls when it comes to speed. In the words of Ricky Bobby, I miss you mama speed. So I`m looking at possibly trading in the wrangler and getting an off lease SRT8. Does anyone have one or have any advice?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Labster
    Looking at possibly getting an SRT8. Right now I have a Wrangler unlimited 4 door Sahara and while I love it, it has no b@lls when it comes to speed. In the words of Ricky Bobby, I miss you mama speed. So I`m looking at possibly trading in the wrangler and getting an off lease SRT8. Does anyone have one or have any advice?

Check out lxforums.com for information on the 6.1 and other SRTs and check out either srtconnection.com or other jeepsrt dedicated forums.

I would get it in a heartbeat if I were you. Baddest truck out there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Labster I used to work for a Dodge and Chrysler dealership. THey are very nice. Nothing like them. There are 2 blacks paint codes PXR Brilliant Black Crystal, PX8 Black. For the love of god do not get the PX8 which is just black. That is one of the most difficult paints to polish you will lose your mind. And for what its worth PXR looks better anyway. WHen you get lets see pics!!! Enjoy and you will will have the ultimate wagon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal
    Labster I used to work for a Dodge and Chrysler dealership. THey are very nice. Nothing like them. There are 2 blacks paint codes PXR Brilliant Black Crystal, PX8 Black. For the love of god do not get the PX8 which is just black. That is one of the most difficult paints to polish you will lose your mind. And for what its worth PXR looks better anyway. WHen you get lets see pics!!! Enjoy and you will will have the ultimate wagon!

I think I might go tot he local dealership here in PA tomorrow. My dealership that I usually go through is in OH though. So we`ll see. I would get a hell of a downpayment out of my Wrangler as I only owe another $7k on it and trade in value is around 20 right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had my Jeep SRT for almost 2 years now. I`ve got an 07 Black. I personally haven`t had any problems with mine so far and have about 45,000 on the clock. Just keep up on fluid changes and don`t beat on her too bad. Just do some research before you buy, some people beat the bag out of these things and the most common thing to go wrong is the trasfer case in that situation. I`ve made about 50 passes at the track and have embarrased alot of cars nevermind SUV`s and trucks. Its a blast to drive and would recommend buying one.

Post Thanks / Like
    SRT is my dream SUV -- over any other -- any price. The hemi in my 2wd Aspen is rated 376/401. It moves pretty good for it`s size. I couldn`t imagine more power/torque in a much smaller/lighter vehicle. I`ve never been in an SRT GC. 0-60 in the 4s will embarrass most anyone on the street.

You should get very good on your trade in, as Wranglers have excellent resale.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kkreit01
    SRT is my dream SUV -- over any other -- any price. The hemi in my 2wd Aspen is rated 376/401. It moves pretty good for it`s size. I couldn`t imagine more power/torque in a much smaller/lighter vehicle. I`ve never been in an SRT GC. 0-60 in the 4s will embarrass most anyone on the street.

You should get very good on your trade in, as Wranglers have excellent resale.

Yea, KBB on my Wrangler right now is ~20k and I only owe another 7k on it so that would be a steller downpayment. I`ll see. My fiance might kill me if I get another car before we get married next June but on the other hand she can`t drive stick and my wrangler is so I might be able to sell it to her on that aspect. We shall see.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been looking at buying one as well.

The only one`s I have come across the people are asking crazy money for them. For example a 2006 for 32k. :LOLOL

If the person can get it great.. But I`m not paying that much for a used SRT.

Since I`ve waited this long, I`ve also been thinking about ordering a 2011/12. It`s suppose be redesigned and have 500hp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nosbusa1700

The only one`s I have come across the people are asking crazy money for them. For example a 2006 for 32k. :LOLOL

Since I`ve waited this long, I`ve also been thinking about ordering a 2011/12. It`s suppose be redesigned and have 500hp.

There is no guarantee that the Jeep SRT will reappear in 2011 or 2012. There is going to be a redesign for 2012, I can say that for sure. I`ve heard lots of rumors about the SRT`s but none of them are a go, including a bigger engine with more horsepower. A 2006 can be had for under 30k, otherwise don`t bother. I bought my 07 for 31k almost 2 years ago and that was a deal at the time. I have noticed recently the price for them has stayed neutral due to the fact they may not produce them anymore. I guess we will have to wait and see what Chrysler/Fiat pulls out of their bag of tricks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nosbusa1700

When I lived in Gainesville, I looked at quite a few of them. That was a little over a year ago, and lower mileage (~30k) were trending at around $25k. A few of my buddies with them paid $24-26k for theirs around that same time. But now they`re wanting crazy money for them. Everyone is asking $30k for them, almost regardless of year and mileage, lol. You can find a loaded 08-09 with low miles for like $35k, or an 06 with 50k on it for $31k. If you`re looking at a newer one, then you can find a good deal. But a lot of people are in way over their heads with the earlier models.

That said, they`re beasts. That`s the only way to describe them. The low down torque is insane, and they launch with a fury you`d never expect. They make fantastic noises, are pretty comfortable, and I`ve found them to have decent interior space. They sure do love the gas though, especially if you put your foot into it (and you will). Not the sort of vehicle I`d want to lend to my wifey without explaining to her and making sure she understood just how powerful it was. They really have enough power to get yourself into a lot of trouble, and they want to go fast. From a dig, they beg to go fast. They`re a lot less overbearing from a roll though, and they`re not the sort of vehicle where if you tap the gas too much on the highway you end up going 20mph faster than you intended. They`re very well mannered at highway speeds, though IMO they cruiser at WAY too high of rpm.

The biggest drawback to them is that if you end up on the Cherokeesrt8 forum (and you will), you`re going to end up wanting to spend a ton of money on mods (and you will). It starts with tinted tails, then you "need" a BT catch can, then you want HIDs + projectors, then you need LED tails to round it out and headlight covers. Then you want to get rid of the chrome trim and murder the truck out, then you need powdercoating, and by the time you`re done you`ve spent a lot of money. It`ll be a sick ride, but it`ll have been very, very expensive.

The other thing is the fact that they`re totally over valued right now. I can go out and buy a Cayenne S for the same money that they`re asking for these Jeeps with less miles and a far nicer interior. Sure it won`t be *as* fast, but it`ll be quick and it`ll be a Porsche Cayenne. Or you can get a Range Rover Sport Supercharged in the same price bracket, with the same big difference in speed, but huge difference in luxury. Or a 4.8is BMW X5, or you can save a buncha money and get a 4.6is X5. Again, much slower, but nicer features and a more respected brand (plus those BMWs are gems, fantastic engines and actually not bad to work on yourself). You could even get a Cayenne Turbo (possibly Turbo S) if you looked around, and the ML63 prices are trending down into that range too.

This is what i`d do. Pay the Wrangler off over the next year, and see where things are then. By then they`ll have either announced the new GCSRT8, or won`t have announced it, so that`ll be cleared up. There`s also a host of other vehicles that will be down in price then too. During this time, drive all the SUVs, Cayenne S, Cayenne Turbo, X5, GCSRT8, RRS Supercharged, etc. Decide if the performance edge is enough to win you over the luxury features. Then slowly find the right deal. I`d also recommend waiting until it`s been paid off for a few months to decide if you really want a new payment too. No payments is a wonderful thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Muah Mopar!!!

Wuddya waitin for!?!?
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    also checkout the trailblazer ss

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2010 SRT8 with 4,000 on the clock with a few mods. It`s outstanding.

If you have any questions ask away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rez90
    I have a 2010 SRT8 with 4,000 on the clock with a few mods. It`s outstanding.

If you have any questions ask away.

What`s your avg mpgs? I`m looking in to one that`s located out in Chi town right now. Been emailing back and forth with the owner. It`s an 08 with 16k on the odo and been garage kept since day one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Labster
    What`s your avg mpgs? I`m looking in to one that`s located out in Chi town right now. Been emailing back and forth with the owner. It`s an 08 with 16k on the odo and been garage kept since day one.

MPG is the only downside of the jeep. My average is about 13 but it`s always city driving. I have a 4 mile commute to work so it`s not a big issue for me.

If i had a long commute i`d never own one.

That said....once again.....every time i drive it....its outstanding....:woot:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information