Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, its time. We`re finally settled on our make and model and I would like to get some info. from fellow Autopians.

Here`s the situation: we are a one car family and will have to wait until we can take delivery of the new one to sell the current vehicle. I`d prefer to try and coordinate this to occur within the same week so as to avoid hitchhiking to work.

Will a BMW dealer take my current vehicle off my hands (Hyundai Tiburon GT), or do they only take cars that retail for over 30k? I know that I can get more for it from a private sale, but leaving the paperwork to a dealership is appealing.

Also, seeing as how the one we want isn`t sitting on the lot, we will have to order it. Does that kind of kill the negotiating? Meaning, Should I only expect them to come down a little and plan for paying close to MSRP?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Post Thanks / Like
    e90post.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The dealer will take your trade, usually for a song. You still negotiate on an ordered car. What model are you buying and where are you located? That kind of info generally helps determine the discount you`ll be able to get.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Picus:

I`m sure they will just take it as a courtesy!

The care we`re probably getting is a 335i automatic with the sport package. Shooting for under 40k.

Tampa Bay, Florida.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would kept the Hyundai for back up and so there is a second car if one is in the shop, also which dealer are you going to, I`m in palm harbor, so if you need any inform just PM me. Also a bunch of us folks are getting together on the 2nd of June at Joshtpa place in tampa, if you are interester just PM Joshtpa, also want yr is the car , mileage , condition, and if there is a payoff on it too. Just remember that the dealer is going to give you wholesale or less. Just use common sense on you trade. Good luck! Angelo
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably won`t be getting one for $40K. That is exactly wholesale pricing and that car is in hot demand right now. I would expect $1000 over invoice at best. Go here:

http://bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154718

Post Thanks / Like
    $1000 over invoice is doable, but anything less is not very common, or probably a special case. Most guys are getting 4-4.5% off according to the forums now. Will your only option be auto w/paddles & sport and is this a coupe or sedan? If it`s a sedan, non-metallic paint with only auto/paddles/sport I`d say you`ll pay a little closer to ~41k on a good deal (base on that is $42,750, so 4.5% off is ~$2000). If it`s a coupe you`ll be into the $42`s probably.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Thread Information