Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    what does EVERYONE think so far? it kind of makes me wonder what acura is going to do with the tsx, a coupe version? EDITOST #26

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Honda is preparing a new installment of their medium sedan for 2008. Featuring the new "Keen Edge Dynamics" design, the new Accord will offer a brilliant cocktail of comfort and performance. Following the general lines of the Sports 4 concept car, the 2008 Honda Accord is expected to make a real splash in the sport sedan segment, giving serious headaches to all the Mazda 6s and Alfa 159s out there.

Honda has surprised us all with their revolution in the compact segment, when they reinvented the Civic, one of the best selling cars in the world. On many markets, previous Hondas were considered as too conservative and oriented towards a high-aged clientele. Trying to change that optic, Honda came out with something completely new called "Keen Edge Dynamics", a new design philosophy.

The model to benefit from the "Keen Edge Dynamics" was the new Civic, already a massive success, especially with younger buyers. The next vehicle to be “reinvented†in Honda’s new dynamic spirit is the Accord, their medium sedan. A first glimpse of how a future Honda sedan might look like in the context of their design revolution was the Sports 4 concept.

Presented in 2005 at the Tokyo International Motor Show, the Sports 4 is a rather compact sports-sedan with four-wheel drive and a new concept of passenger involvement. Some of the design details featured on the Sports 4 give us an impression of where the design of the next Honda sports sedans is headed.

Our artist has prepared for you a couple of illustrations depicting the new Honda Accord. The proportions are similar to those of the current Accord, but all dimensions have increased a bit, allowing for benefits in terms of interior space. In comparison with the Sports 4 concept, that was rather compact, the new Accord will be larger and roomier. It will offer three seats in the rear, and not two as the concept was.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Honda is focused on the development of a new model to succeed the NSX. Planned for 2008, Honda NSX should benefit from its experiment in F1 by proposing a V10 engine for the new car.

This addresses the single largest complaint about the original NSX, which has always been its lack of power.

Just like the old one, will be a technological window for Honda "This new sports car will be the first of a new generation" concluded the director of Honda, Takeo ```ui.

With the V10 the new NSX will be the most powerful honda ever made.The carmaker is aiming for the top in producing engines.

The new Honda/Acura NSX will move upmarket, and will target Aston Martin.

2008 NSX II will offer a 4.5 Liter V10 and a 3.6 V6 , all wheel drive with prices around $100,000.

Post Thanks / Like
    The NSX looks HAWT....the accord though, looks good, but highly doubt they will develop as it is in the concept.
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree... it might sounds strange but lol I don`t think this nation is ready for those types of designs! heh, maybe give it five more years before we see such designs catch on.

I`m excited about the NSX coming back. You think Honda is going to try to compete with the Lexus LF-A? They seem to be catering to the same market...

Post Thanks / Like
    i just puked inside my mouth!

I really don`t like the look of the Accord. This is coming from a current Gen7 owner! Althought the new rear lights are really nice. I can`t say the same for my rear lights.

EDIT: the interior is pretty bad too!

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^ wow, what is that?

Doesn`t even look like you`d even know if there`s a passenger beside you...

":knocks on the great wall of center divider: is anyone there? hello?"

Something about it makes me uneasy. Sort of like the worst of 50`s styling meets the corny ideas people had about the "future" back in the 50`s.

To tell you the truth, I really have no idea where Honda wants to go. I don`t understand their image, or even what they want to be perceived as. Futuristic? Retro? MUSCLE CAR? I suspect others really don`t see an "image" when they think of Honda.

Hopefully Honda can find itself during this next model year and really make an image for itself.

... this is coming from a Toyota fan

Post Thanks / Like
    Spammer Busted!!

Post Thanks / Like
    ^

ummm spam? haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paul34
    ^^ wow, what is that?

Doesn`t even look like you`d even know if there`s a passenger beside you...

":knocks on the great wall of center divider: is anyone there? hello?"

Something about it makes me uneasy. Sort of like the worst of 50`s styling meets the corny ideas people had about the "future" back in the 50`s.

To tell you the truth, I really have no idea where Honda wants to go. I don`t understand their image, or even what they want to be perceived as. Futuristic? Retro? MUSCLE CAR? I suspect others really don`t see an "image" when they think of Honda.

Hopefully Honda can find itself during this next model year and really make an image for itself.

... this is coming from a Toyota fan

All this while Toyota delays the Corolla because they need to play catch up with the new Civic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Honda just keeps getting wierder and wierder...the NSX looks amazing but that Accord is disgusting and totally unrealistic. I agree with Paul34: "Keen Edge Dynamics" is driving Honda into new depths of wierdness with no particular goal in mind. Personally I think that the new Civic is awkward-looking (not that I`d get a grandpa Corolla either...more likely a nice Mazda3 ). The interiors are getting more convoluted, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually kinda liked it.

BTW... I test drove an 07 3.5 Altima today what a car! Very nice

Post Thanks / Like
    Spam and spammer deleted. -- Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ Spam Again!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I must`ve reported at least 2-3 posts just in the past few hours! Autopia seems to be under attack :angry

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Accord looks nice but definitely nothing spectacular. That chrome front grill needs to go - it reminds me of the Saturn Aura.

Now that silver NSX concept looks sleek. Sort of a blend of a McLaren F1 and a Lambo Murcielago (appearance-wise). I have always been a fan of the NSX and I`m glad that Honda is keeping it alive. Now if Toyota will only do the same with the Supra...

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Toyota`s answer to the new NSX will be the Lexus LF-A.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information