Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    what does everyone think?

also.... if anyone wants a good read, pick up the new Road & Track magazine (Nov. 2006) as it has articles on some future cars! :up

2009 + 2012 mustang gt

2010 bmw z2 lightweight roadster

2009 audi`s exotic r8 cabrio

2010 pontiac gto

2008 honda s2000 *

2008 toyota supra *

2008 nissan 350z

2008 lotus esprit

2011 porsche 928

2011 bugatti roadster

more!

:woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    That convert. is sexy!! Very hefty price tag so I better start saving my pennies :getdown

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! A Toyota I might actually want to own.

Post Thanks / Like
    mmm weird.. just read that toyota has decided not to bring out the supra

and just pretty much make the IS350 a 2door coupe and b the "supra"

Post Thanks / Like
    Yay! The Supra is starting out as it left years ago...already pricing itself out of the market. Congrats Toyota for not learning from past mistakes. At least Nissan learned with the Z, which is why it became an instant hit. People could actually afford the Zs. If Toyota places the Supras out there at $50K+, I predict the car won`t last 2 years. Nissan is on the verge of doing it again as well, pricing some of its Zs over $40K, which presents buyers with far better and sportier premium choices.

But, I do think that design is quite impressive and I like it. Of course, I like the design of Ferraris and Lambs to....

The Supra won`t knock the Z off anything, at least from a sales standpoint, if pricing is out of reach (and out of touch) with the average buyer.
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice point Mike,

At $50k people could be getting their hands on M3`s, Vipers, Corvettes, and others...

It definately looks like their target market has changed, I think Infiniti has the best market for car buyers. They are great cars, offer a lot, look great/sport/luxury and are affordable...

Some of the newer cars on the market meant for 20-25 year olds are priced out of this world, it`s no wonder the sales are slouching for car companies. But I still hold onto my previous post...If I had it big one day I would like one

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312

Some of the newer cars on the market meant for 20-25 year olds are priced out of this world, it`s no wonder the sales are slouching for car companies. But I still hold onto my previous post...If I had it big one day I would like one

Absolutely right. It`s quite ironic that the younger crowd prefers sports cars and car companies market these sports cars to them, yet the same companies are pricing them out of range of reasonable ownership to people who typically have limited incomes at younger ages. The sweet spot from a sales volume standpoint is between $20-30K for a majority of the population in the US, which is why the Z has done reasonably well and the Mustang continues to sell. BMW and Benz just released their Sept sales reports, and if you look at their volume leaders, it`s always the lower end cars (3 series 325 models, C-class). Year to date for 2006, BMW sold something like 1,400 M3s IIRC. Does Toyota believe their car is better than the M3? I should hope not, meaning sales should be below that of the M3 or other comparable premium marques. Not enough to justify long term production IMO for the Supra. Instead, they`ll drop the car after a brief reintroduction, and retool those factories for high volume SUV production, the bread and butter profit winners anyway. Toyota better seriously rethink their strategy and target market for their supercar, or it`s on its way out before it ever gets here.

If I had $50k+ laying around to drop on a sports car, the Supra would be near the bottom of that list, not because it`s just a Toyota or a poor performer, but because you can buy better performance and a more prestgious ride for the same amount elsewhere.

Even the base model Supra (at $40K), with 350 hp?! I mean, come on, you can get a brand new $27K Stang or 350Z, quickly mod it and arrive at 350hp and pocket the cash. Is 50 hp worth the $10K+ price differential between the base Supra and a Z? Not to me.

My $0.02....
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    The article is pretty much just speculation. The word from Toyota is that the Supra will be affordable and the price is expected to be in the $30K range.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its a nice car, but in my eyes nothing will ever take the place of the original MKIV Supra. In all seriousness, theres only a handful of cars in the entire world I would pick over a Supra (think Enzo or Carrera GT), simply because for as long as I can remember the Supra has been my dream car. Its like Google buying the garage that they started up in, it would be for personal reasons.

The only thing that would make me like this car near as much as an MKIV would be if it could handle insane amounts of boost on the stock block and produce crazy amounts of Horsepower. And if it came in Royal Sapphire Pearl
    2003 CD Silver Focus SVT ZX5
    2014 Tuxedo Black Focus ST3

"You can always tell the way a man takes care of himself by the way he takes care of his car"

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, very nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    a supra based off of an IS or GS..seems a realistic option..very do-able for Toyota...but have they in recent years given a crap about the sports car market??they seem to be content on building reliable..safe..and mostly boring cars

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d still be willing to pay for this than a BMW M3 considering pricing and specs. Of course, considering it`s much different price range than the Z, it probably won`t knock the Z off it`s pedestal unless it is really comparable across the board.
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    itll flop like the last one. you cant release a car to compete with a 350Z thatll cost $50,000... You think they would have learned that from the last Supra and although it was badass with the TT engine, this one has a N/A V8....

Why am I paying $50k for a Japanese Mustang? Not thrilled with this oone, looks nice, but Toyota needs the Supra to have its own flagship engine, not just borrowing parts off of Lexus.

$40k the more affordable model.... Hell a Twin Turbo supra could be had when they were new for that amount.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by martinager
    Why am I paying $50k for a Japanese Mustang?

From the sound of that article, that is about what were going to end up with
    2003 CD Silver Focus SVT ZX5
    2014 Tuxedo Black Focus ST3

"You can always tell the way a man takes care of himself by the way he takes care of his car"

Post Thanks / Like
    Toyota Supra is DOA, FJ Cruiser won`t be refreshed, more hybrids on the way - Autoblog

A report by Automotive News detailing Toyota`s future products reveals that the automaker`s focus will be realigned to meet new fuel efficiency standards and limiting high-powered and niche offerings.

On the hybrid side, the new Prius will debut in Detroit, with sales beginning in the spring of 2009 as a 2010 model. The nickel-metal hydride battery will remain, and because of that, the plug-in model will be delayed until a lithium ion battery is offered. The new Prius will be packing the Corolla`s 1.8-liter four cylinder and the car will be an inch wider and a half-inch longer. The second hybrid model might not come to Detroit, but development is currently under way and sales will be limited to Japan.

The Supra revival has been shelved due to high mpg requirements, allowing Toyota to focus on its RWD coupe, jointly developed by Subaru. Also, there`s only room for one body-on-frame SUV from the automaker, so the 4Runner will be re-engineered for the 2010 model year, will debut in either New York or Chicago, and the FJ Cruiser will complete its lifecycle and be dropped in the next few years.

The Sienna and Venza will be equipped with hybrid drivetrains in 2012, with the Sienna receiving a facelift late next year, along with more cargo space and room for third-row occupants.

The report goes on to state that the Corolla will be redesigned in 2013, along with the Matrix, the next Camry will receive a facelift in 2010, with the new model debuting in 2012, and the new Avalon will debut in 2011 as a 2012 model.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information