Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    wow! never heard of issues with the 3.5L. I always thought that engine was bullet proof. Nissan really has to get its act together

Post Thanks / Like
    My `03 G35 (with 3.5L of course) has developed an excessive oil consumption issue. I didn`t notice it until the last oil change really (at 66K miles) when the level was extremely low. It appears if the car is using a quart every thousand miles or so. Not good....

On the other hand, the car is paid off next month!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Nissan... I don`t know what to say. I know people who have had great experiences, but as far as my family... we`ll probably never ever buy another Nissan again.

After Nissan "reinvented" itself... everything started going downhill. The days of the old, sporty Maxima were the golden days of Nissan. After that, everything went downhill.

Ever sat inside an 04 Altima? The terror that is the interior quality rivals even old Expeditions.

Regardless, we decided to give them a chance and my sister got one. I mean, it`s satisfactory in the driving and braking department... but I just never felt good about it. The battery went out after only less than 20,000 miles. Despite still being in warranty, Nissan wanted us to pay for 70% of the OEM battery which would`ve run out in the same period. We just bought a DieHard for much cheaper.

Her rotors also screwed up... or so I`m told.

Anyway, the one that takes the cake is my cousin`s 2005 Nissan Altima. The next day after the warranty ran out, the computer screwed up. Apparently, the fuel meter needed to be replaced. Not the fuel gauge sensor, but the meter that I believe communicates with the engine to calculate the appropriate AF ratio.

What? How does such a thing just suddenly fail? Well, whatever. Things happen, right? That`s just the start of it. Despite calling nearly everyday with professionalism, courtesy, and the ultimate stretch of patience, it took over a week for him to get a call back from corporate as to whether this would be covered under warranty.

It`s a 15-30 minute determination... and it took an entire week, despite him taking the initiative to call everyday for 4-5 days.

He told me that it wasn`t even a matter of warranty or not. He was dissatisfied (to say the LEAST) about the terrible corporate situation. He himself has been in management for many years and is just appalled at how lacking Nissan is at anything relating to customer service.

Some of you might be wondering what the big deal is... well, this man has a family, and they were without a car (except an older car with no AC) for an entire week. Due only to Nissan`s poor service and extreme lack of responsibility and common sense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information