Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Just bought a car from a buyer in TX... it`s perfectly what I want, but it`s.... IN TX! I`m in NJ so obviously I need it shipped.

Who would you recommend, and what kind of prices do you think it would run me? Any advice appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Horseless Carriage - I think they are based in NJ. High end covered transporter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jsatek
    Horseless Carriage - I think they are based in NJ. High end covered transporter.
    Expensive? I emailed them for a quote... but I figured you might know

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll second the Horseless Carriage, they`re *not* inexpensive but they`ll take good car of the car. They`re kinda loose with their scheduling though, you need to talk with them (ask for the person who does the schedules, I forget the name at the moment...). I wouldn`t email for quotes or anything else, I`d call `em up.

The cost (and scheduling) will depend on where-to-where. Give them a call and see it you want to go that route; I`d at least find out so you can eliminate them if that`s what you decide to do.

FWIW they get my all my vehicle shipping business unless I have a *VERY* good reason to go with somebody else for a particular job.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Passport Transport several times. They transported my Jag show cars when I sold them. Very impressed. Last year or so they teamed up with FedEx so there is some sort of affiliation now.

Passport.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hercules
    Expensive? I emailed them for a quote... but I figured you might know
    Ill say priced right.

You know you will get the car in one piece and they are insured. I shipped a F40 from St. Louis Missouri to NYC using them about 10 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jsatek
    Ill say priced right.

You know you will get the car in one piece and they are insured. I shipped a F40 from St. Louis Missouri to NYC using them about 10 years ago.

Hey I never did get that F40 you promised. Please resend to:

Diesel1

XXXXXXX

XXXXXX NY XXXX

LOL

Do you still have it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I would go with Reliable: http://www.reliable-carriers.com/

These guys carry most of the cars for the International Auto Show and are always toating around the concept vehilces for the car companies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hercules
    Just bought a car from a buyer in TX... it`s perfectly what I want, but it`s.... IN TX! I`m in NJ so obviously I need it shipped.

Who would you recommend, and what kind of prices do you think it would run me? Any advice appreciated!

I have used InterCity Lines several times. One word FANTASTIC.
    Lou K
    Likes tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to give you a ballpark figure, i had my mustang shipped from san diego to philadelphia for $800.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have used EXOTIC CAR TRANSPORT out of orlando, fl. a number of times. they even transported my corvette from chicago to ft lauderdale with the top down. never a problem.

great company. reasonable price and they don`t move you car once its loaded...very important!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    If I were you I would stay away from Intercity unless you have nothing but time to burn and are in no hurry to get the car.

I purchased a car 4/5 and spoke in depth with several companies including Horseless Carriage, Reliable and Passport and ended up going with Intercity as they came highly recommended. Jim from Intercity assured me there would be a truck in the area in the Middle to End of April to pick up the car and pushed me to confirm my order as the spots on the truck were filling up quick.

I confirmed shipping on 4/7 and the car was ready for pickup on 4/10. On 4/7 I recieved a confirmation letter stating the car would be picked up 10-14 days from it`s ready date (4/10 in my case). There is a disclaimer that states some locations may take longer for pickup. Anyhow...on 4/20 I call for a status and I`m told that a truck has not even been dispatched yet and I was likely in for another 10-14 days. Frustrated I asked how that could be and got a story about a truck breaking down. I told them that I could completely understand had a phonecall been made but was really put off by the fact that they couldn`t even pick up the phone to tell me that there would be delays. His response was that there`s simply too many people to call in a situation like that and they encourage customers to call the 800 number for periodic updates. At this point I called other carriers to see if anyone could get the car to me quicker but at that point since I had already wasted 10 days there was no hope for a sooner arrival. I called again on 4/25 and was told that the truck that was to pick up my car was on the east coast loading cars currently (The car I purchased is in Seattle mind you).

Long story short the car was not picked up in seattle until 5/8...30 days after I paid and recieved confirmation...and it`s obviously still not in Ohio yet. Expected delivery is now set for 5/18.

I have no doubt that the car will be treated well and the driver will be top notch when the car gets dropped off BUT the wait was unacceptable and the way I was treated was unacceptable as well. In reading other reviews online it seems as though I`m not alone, many first time customers have dealt with the same problem of extended waits and no communication from Intercity in these situations. They promiss a timeline and cannot deliver on the timeline BUT I suppose their saving grace is the fact that the delivery of the car is still top notch. I can`t help but think that I was simply bumped by a return customer that they gave preference to rather than the runaround stoies that I was told.

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad B.
    I have used Passport Transport several times. They transported my Jag show cars when I sold them. Very impressed. Last year or so they teamed up with FedEx so there is some sort of affiliation now.

Passport.

I just had two cars shipped and yes they are Fedex owned...

Here is the truck that showed up...

The inside...

It hadn`t rain in over a month...someone up there knew I was having a car delievered!!! :bawling:

-Dennis

My Cars

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used DAS (http://www.dasautoshippers.com) Thery have their own trucks and drivers unlike others who may only be brokers. Stay away from brokers. DAS even allows you to check the progress of your vehicle on their web site. I used them to ship a car from Arkansas to LI, they said it would take seven days but it took four! Cost about $500.

A couple of money saving tricks:

- Avoid buying insurance from the shipper. Check with your own insurance company as you can be covered cheaper that way. DAS covers your deductable up to $500 I believe.

- Instead of door-to-door you can save about $100 by having the car dropped off at the origin terminal and another $100 if you pick it up at the destination terminal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel1
    Hey I never did get that F40 you promised. Please resend to:

Diesel1

XXXXXXX

XXXXXX NY XXXX

LOL

Do you still have it?

No - I bought it to sell it at my store. I didnt even get to drive it. The customer was on site when the trailer drove up. I had to act like I did this type of thing every day and it was no big deal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information