Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    which do you prefer to drive?

Post Thanks / Like
    For everyday commute type use, nothing but an automatic. For *driving* purposes, nothing but a manual.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t mind driving a stick everyday. Then again, I don`t have to deal with bumper to bumper crap that alot of you guys in big cities have to contend with.
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    6 Speed FTW!
    [quote name=`DocHoliday`]I recently had SSR2.5 on toast for breakfast, was tasty and it polished my teeth![/QUOTE]

:think:

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been debating whether my next car is going to be auto or manual and I still can`t decide. I havn`t learned how to drive a manual yet but I`m sure I`ll get it down. My commute to work takes about an hour in traffic so a manual may not be the way to go, but everyone`s telling me I`ll get used to it. Anyone wanna give me advice?

Post Thanks / Like
    Manual. I own two cars, both are 6 speeds, and I`ll never buy an automatic unless I`m like 80 and buying a Lincoln or something. Autos are just boring.

Quote Originally Posted by misterbobo
    I`ve been debating whether my next car is going to be auto or manual and I still can`t decide. I havn`t learned how to drive a manual yet but I`m sure I`ll get it down. My commute to work takes about an hour in traffic so a manual may not be the way to go, but everyone`s telling me I`ll get used to it. Anyone wanna give me advice?

The only times manuals are annoying are bumper-to-bumper, stop-and-go traffic for long periods of time. Not enough for me to care though. If you want a manual, I say go for it. Just make sure you`re used to it before you drive it out into heavy traffic or you might get yourself in trouble.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh, also if you want to drive safely and talk on a phone, or eat, or anything else.

also if you want to drag race at a track, your car will last longer and perform more consistantly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go Go Gadget 5 speed! I learned to drive a stick when it was "three on the tree". I still prefer a manual for everyday driving. There are times when an auto is better such as towing.

Post Thanks / Like
    My daily driver is an automatic. This car spends 95% of its time going back and forth to work. There are very few times during that drive that I could even really "enjoy" driving a stick. However, that whole drive is on Dallas freeways which just seem to get more congested each year. My other car is a 5-speed manual. I occassionally have to drive it to work and it can be a pain, but for the most part you really do get used to it.
    1991 Frost White Honda Accord EX

2005 Breakwater Blue Lexus RX330

2005 Satin Silver Metallic Acura TL

Post Thanks / Like
    We have two Imprezas, one is a manual the other an automatic. I prefer my manual better but when I have a lot of stop and go driving to do, which is rare, I prefer the auto.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a 5 speed and two auto`s. Driving the manual is so second nature to me that I don`t even think about doing it. I took my drivers test in a manual and passed with flying colors on the first try. The clutch in my Integra is so light that heavy traffic doesn`t matter but it doesn`t do traffic.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Even though I know how to drive manual, I prefer my automatic, I can eat, drink, feel up a girl, etc. w/o worrying about shifting..lolol

If i`m wasting a few grand for a car there`s no need for me to work hard to make it drive...LOLOLOL

Post Thanks / Like
    the manuals are like second nature to me, only problem is when you step up and beef up the tranny with race clutches and lightend flywheels and diffs, you will learn to hate bumper to bumper traffic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Manual, no question.

I drive a lot of city miles and I`d rather "suffer" a little bit in heavy traffic than have a slush box. Automatic poses zero fun for me. I get so bored, I want to scream.

Post Thanks / Like
    Manual - always a manual. I hate it sometimes but the other 95% of the time wouldn`t want to drive anything else.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information