Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bence
    Just compare the quality of a Japanese Camry and an American! The result will be the same as in Lee`s garage.

I wonder why this is? Is the QA and QC different b/w Japan and the US?

Post Thanks / Like
    The local content (American) is higher and that means less precise bits and pieces.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bence
    Just compare the quality of a Japanese Camry and an American! The result will be the same as in Lee`s garage.

Thanks, Bence...I had that in an earlier response, I thought, but it must have gotten lost in editing , that maybe the difference he is seeing between the Camry and the Lex is due to one being built in the US, and one in Japan.

PS. Isn`t this fun? Reminds me of another thread a while back...I think we were at the "beating a dead horse" point a few pages back, so I think I`ll retire from this one, while the getting`s good.

Post Thanks / Like
    The first gen GB-made Accords were terrible. They bonded the windshields with the same spec glue. The only difference was that the Japo glue worked, and the same spec, but Euro-ingredients glue has not. The quality begun to improve as the suppliers changed or improved their quality as well. The actual local content is a relevant factor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman8r44
    Also Autogeek dropped the price $2, from 7.99 to 5.99

Purchase a bundle of 6 for $24.99. Use 10% coupon and the price per each is $3.75.

Anyone else use and like these Cobra MF towels?

What about the Ulitmate Guzzler WW? When I added the bundle of 6 Cobra`s to my cart, it said I could get the Ultimate Guzzler for $26.99 instead of the $29.99. With the 10%, it would be $24.29.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is pointless...platform IS the construction of the car.

No it`s not. On the ES, you have better body panel construction, better interior parts and seats (better leather too!), better painting, quality of assembly. It all matters!

Post Thanks / Like
    Because it is Japanese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure I follow Bence...You`re up late no?

I look at it this way. The Nissan 350Z and G35 are very different cars to drive yet they share a common platform. At what point do you consider them different cars? I think you need more than engine and chassis similarity...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmrn30
    Purchase a bundle of 6 for $24.99. Use 10% coupon and the price per each is $3.75.

What about the Ulitmate Guzzler WW? When I added the bundle of 6 Cobra`s to my cart, it said I could get the Ultimate Guzzler for $26.99 instead of the $29.99. With the 10%, it would be $24.29.
    The Ultimate Guzzler is good, soft, absorbs a lot due to size, but $27 is a lot for one towel. Bigger is not always better, I still prefer my small 16x28 WWs over the huge Guzzler.
    1970 Camaro RS
    2013 Optima SX
    2005 Escalade Platinum
    2000 Integra GSR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontman43
    The Ultimate Guzzler is good, soft, absorbs a lot due to size, but $27 is a lot for one towel. Bigger is not always better, I still prefer my small 16x28 WWs over the huge Guzzler.

Which ones do you use, Pontman43?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverLexus
    No it`s not. On the ES, you have better body panel construction, better interior parts and seats (better leather too!), better painting, quality of assembly. It all matters!

<reversing decision to stay out of thread> What is "better body panel construction"? Have you ever worked in manufacturing? What does that mean? My Bonneville SSE has "better interior parts and seats" (SSE specific seats, unavailable on "lesser" Bonnys...oh and did I mention the keyless entry and steering wheel radio/climate controls? ), and I`m sure they paid a little more attention to my car as a top-of-the-line model built to order for a customer as opposed to one for the dealer`s lot, but it`s still a BONNEVILLE, still a PONTIAC, even though I`m sure it was built in the same plant with its Olds and Buick bretheren.

Ok, I give...your Lexus transcends it`s corporate lineage and is a little slice of heaven on earth. And my RSX isn`t just a Honda with Acura badges on it

EDIT: You know, several of us have allowed that there is added value to a Lexus over a Toyota. No one is trying to say you got "taken for a ride" and bought an overpriced Camry. We are just pointing out the reality of how products are designed and manufactured.

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontman43
    I have an Ultimate Guzzler. In fact I just ordered a second one I like it so much. It`s REALLY a large towel, but it has hand pockets sewn into the corners which make it easy to handle. It`s very soft and absorbent as well.

Well, I have to say when I used the example of ES & Camry I had no idea it would end up being a 12 page discussion. Personally, I feel like if you buy the ES all you`re getting is the better warranty and dealer service. All the differences mentioned between the two cars seem to me to be either inconsequential or cosmetic. Even cosmetically though the two cars do not share body panels (according to a previous post) they look VERY similar in their current iterations. Prior to the current models the two cars at least looked quite different.

Post Thanks / Like
    You know, several of us have allowed that there is added value to a Lexus over a Toyota. No one is trying to say you got "taken for a ride" and bought an overpriced Camry. We are just pointing out the reality of how products are designed and manufactured.

I realize that and certainly appreciate that, but I still feel that the overall construction and build quality is different, even if the platform is shared. In my mind that is not cosmetic...perhaps I am wrong but that`s how I feel.

Look at it from another direction: why does the ES consistently win the top JD Power and Intellichoice awards and the Camry does not (admittedly it does well in other areas)? If the construction is mainly the platform and the platform is shared, why not have more quality awards for the Camry? I think it is because the ES is better constructed overall.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I spend an extra dollar on the name brand Corn Flakes, they`ll probably taste better versus the generic stuff.

If I buy Nike sneakers over a no-brand sneaker, it`ll probably feel more comfortable and look better.

And so on..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmrn30

Yes these towels are the Plushies & thickets & Softest Towel to QD or BUFF PakShaks has no chance with these. Infact i bet the same manufactuer makes them.

If I spend an extra dollar on the name brand Corn Flakes, they`ll probably taste better versus the generic stuff.

If I buy Nike sneakers over a no-brand sneaker, it`ll probably feel more comfortable and look better.

And so on...

true but MF are not a big thing like nike shoes & corn flakes becasue there only a hand full of factories that make them obviously Vendors are shopping @ the same place. :chuckle: .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information