Post Thanks / Like

Hey Folks, I`m opening my first independent shop after a 30+ year`career employed as a body-shop and restorative`polisher in the Toronto area. Working for past employers`such as authorized dealerships and collision repair facilities to`McLaren, Porsche, Audi, Volkswagen, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Mercedes Benz and Cadillac`since 1976,`I have`decided to throw in the towel and work for myself. It will be a drastic change from a life of rushing polishing projects`in an effort to kick them`out the door as fast as I can to accommodate`the`daily work order list. I`ve always wanted to take my time on projects`because "the`irony`of`rushing`for an employer, is that polishing`should be`performed`with`a relaxed and controlled polishing`technique". So here goes, the spring of`2014 (if it ever arrives), with`my first stab at running my own polishing shop here in Newmarket. A toss of the dice due to my stubborn insistence that there is a place for a`trade professional`polisher in the automotive marketplace`without offering anything else but polishing. Wish me luck, I`ll chime in once in a while`to let y`all know how it`s goin!` Cheers

Thirty years of polishing Porsches. http://www.uber-shine.com

Post Thanks / Like

good luck again! `i wish you all the success you want! `lol

`

you should have a great market up there, and might be able to retain some of the Pfaff customers!

`

i check ed out your website tonight too and it looks great!

`

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate your reply and thank you for clicking on my website... here`s hoping you have a great spring and summer this year too. Cheers... that beer in your avatar looks so good`it`s making me thirsty!

Post Thanks / Like

lol...mmmm beer.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck great opportunity in that area! `prob stop by my self if im in the area to check it out

Good luck!`

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Showroom, I`ll catch up with`ya in the spring... if it ever gets here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m late but I hope everything has gone well thus far!
    Make it Shine Automotive Detailing
    Opti Coat Pro and CQuartz Finest Detailer
    Serving Greater Toronto Area, Mobile & Drop-off Service
    www.makeitshine.ca

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer to take my cars to detail shops that have marble or granite flooring.`

`

j.k

lol

Post Thanks / Like

i gotta think this must have just put a boost in the business for you GTA guys!

`

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014...s_bueller.html

`

LOL!`

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll be sure to invest in a nice floor when I can afford it. But for now, I`ll have to refinish paint on good `ol concrete. One thing I can say for sure is that "there has never been a day in my entire career`when I disrespected a customer`s automobile and I`m sure that a few of you fellow`techs will concur that "our reputation is pinnacle in our trade" ..."and that`disrespectful s*#t ruins`our reputation". On the upside, thanks to the guys on this thread that chimed in. It`s always a little stressful when opening a new business, especially when you`re`layin` all of your chips on the table for one last shot at permanent`self employment.`I now have a few body-shop and restoration accounts on board, including a pretty good following of classic Porsche owners and assorted classic car enthusiasts. ...and yes, even the odd customer who loves his Toyota or Honda Pilot so much he`ll go to any length to have it shine again. Cheers primo, kaval, Rob and showroomfresh, hope y`all have a great fall season makin` em shine! Cheers

Thread Information