Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m looking for the best (cheapest) place to buy 303 protectant in the Ottawa region. I used to get it in large spray bottles from canadian tire, but I see it`s no longer carried there. My hot tub dealer sells it in tiny little finger pump spray bottles at a much higher price.

Where`s the cheapest brick and mortar to carry it? Or, where`s cheapest (with shipping) online?

thanks for your help. Between our two cars and the hot tub parts we go through 303 like it`s going out of style. I`m quite sad that crappy tire doesn`t carry it any more...

Post Thanks / Like
    Order directly from 303 by the gallon is the best deal!

Or try West Marine for somewhere local.

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    My local lordco stocks it

Post Thanks / Like
    lordco is only in BC

i saw it at my local CT last time i was there

Post Thanks / Like
    eShine Canada sells it I do believe
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    I get mine at an RV place....Camping World....and I get a friends discount

Post Thanks / Like
    rheostaticsfan - if you liked 303 then you might like Autoglym tire dressing. I too discovered that Canadian Tire no longer carries 303 which was my go to product for years, so I figured I would try the Autoglym which Canadian Tire sells. Guess what - it`s looks like the same product to me . . . same watery milky consistence as 303 Aerospace Protectant, and appears to do the same thing as 303 to rubber and plastic (might lack the UV protection though) . . . if you decide to give it a try, let me know what you think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaulyn
    rheostaticsfan - if you liked 303 then you might like Autoglym tire dressing. I too discovered that Canadian Tire no longer carries 303 which was my go to product for years, so I figured I would try the Autoglym which Canadian Tire sells. Guess what - it`s looks like the same product to me . . . same watery milky consistence as 303 Aerospace Protectant, and appears to do the same thing as 303 to rubber and plastic (might lack the UV protection though) . . . if you decide to give it a try, let me know what you think.

Or the Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care which CT also sells. I picked up a bottle and it`s very nice. They also Sell Megs #40 and it`s excellent as well.

There is not much difference between many of the vinyl and rubber protectants. If they are milky white they are basically the same thing. It`s the clear oily ones you need to avoid. I know about 303`s UV claims but almost all of the dressing contain it now days. I have used Megs #40 for decades and it`s always worked very well for me with no negatives except the smell which I`m used to now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A
    There is not much difference between many of the vinyl and rubber protectants. If they are milky white they are basically the same thing. It`s the clear oily ones you need to avoid. I know about 303`s UV claims but almost all of the dressing contain it now days. I have used Megs #40 for decades and it`s always worked very well for me with no negatives except the smell which I`m used to now.
    While most of these products will create the same visual appearance, there is a HUGE difference in terms of environmental impact, as well as human health impact.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WAS
    While most of these products will create the same visual appearance, there is a HUGE difference in terms of environmental impact, as well as human health impact.

The white milky dressings are PDMS dressings. Why don`t you explain to me the big differences in them in terms of environmental impact and human health impact. Specifically how 303 is better than the others in theses areas.

Most people that use 303 do so for the UV protection it claims to have better than everybody else`s. 303 is a great product but I never found it to better than any other PDMS dressing.

Post Thanks / Like
    We handle the 303, Autoglym and many others and are in Canada!
    Auto Obsessed

Online Reseller of Premium Detailing Products

Edmonton, AB Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    The white milky dressings are PDMS dressings. Why don`t you explain to me the big differences in them in terms of environmental impact and human health impact. Specifically how 303 is better than the others in theses areas.

Most people that use 303 do so for the UV protection it claims to have better than everybody else`s. 303 is a great product but I never found it to better than any other PDMS dressing.
    I never said 303 was better or worse, I just said that they`re not all the same.

In particular, solvent-based and water-based are a huge difference.

I`ve spent hours educating myself on all the various chemicals used in the detailing process, and have done my best to ensure that the safest possible products are used in my shop by my employees.

If you`re actually curious, I`d suggest some googling and searching on this very board.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never said 303 was better or worse, I just said that they`re not all the same.

In particular, solvent-based and water-based are a huge difference.

I`ve spent hours educating myself on all the various chemicals used in the detailing process, and have done my best to ensure that the safest possible products are used in my shop by my employees.

If you`re actually curious, I`d suggest some googling and searching on this very board.

I don`t need to Google. I know the differences I wanted to see what you know since you commented on my post.

Now go and re read my first post in this thread. I clearly said to use the white milky ones and to stay away from the clear oily ones. The clear oily ones are usually solvent based and the white milky ones are PDMS dressings and water based. I NEVER said all the dressings were the same. I did say the white milky (PDMS) ones were almost all the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t need to Google. I know the differences I wanted to see what you know since you commented on my post.

Now go and re read my first post in this thread. I clearly said to use the white milky ones and to stay away from the clear oily ones. The clear oily ones are usually solvent based and the white milky ones are PDMS dressings and water based. I NEVER said all the dressings were the same. I did say the white milky (PDMS) ones were almost all the same.
    Sure, and the "white milky" ones all have the exact same ingredients in them Honestly, I don`t need to argue with you. If you`ve done your product research, then you`ll understand what I said. If you didn`t, then good luck, and I sure hope you don`t have any employees relying on you to keep them safe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure, and the "white milky" ones all have the exact same ingredients in them Honestly, I don`t need to argue with you. If you`ve done your product research, then you`ll understand what I said. If you didn`t, then good luck, and I sure hope you don`t have any employees relying on you to keep them safe.

Do you think you could go any more off topic? For some one that doesn`t want to argue you sure brought up some irrelevant points.

I never said the white milky ones were exactly the same. They are very similar and are PDMS dressings.

As for employee safety. Could you possibly be any more ridiculous. You actually believe that by saying that the milky white dressings are all very similar is endangering people`s health? Get real. There are many vinyl and rubber dressings out there and being used by people on Autopia. I have tried too many to remember them all. I don`t ever hear of any deaths or sickness resulting from them? Now that you have elevated this to the point of absolute stupidity I think you should start backing up your talk.

Remember what this thread was about. The guy can`t find 303 locally at CT anymore. So I and others suggested some alternatives that are available there and they are excellent products and safe for human use and used by many on here. You turn it into a human health and environmental issue.

I`m curious if he was looking for wax and somebody suggested alternatives would jump on the people`s suggestions and say the wax was dangerous to human health and the environment? Just trying real hard to understand why you would get on that issue at this particular time and about these kind of products. I think you read my first post wrong and thought I was saying all the dressings are the same when I clearly wasn`t. I said the white milky ones were the same. Than you leaped before you looked and here you are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information