Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A
    Do you think you could go any more off topic? For some one that doesn`t want to argue you sure brought up some irrelevant points.

I never said the white milky ones were exactly the same. They are very similar and are PDMS dressings.

As for employee safety. Could you possibly be any more ridiculous. You actually believe that by saying that the milky white dressings are all very similar is endangering people`s health? Get real. There are many vinyl and rubber dressings out there and being used by people on Autopia. I have tried too many to remember them all. I don`t ever hear of any deaths or sickness resulting from them? Now that you have elevated this to the point of absolute stupidity I think you should start backing up your talk.

Remember what this thread was about. The guy can`t find 303 locally at CT anymore. So I and others suggested some alternatives that are available there and they are excellent products and safe for human use and used by many on here. You turn it into a human health and environmental issue.

I`m curious if he was looking for wax and somebody suggested alternatives would jump on the people`s suggestions and say the wax was dangerous to human health and the environment? Just trying real hard to understand why you would get on that issue at this particular time and about these kind of products. I think you read my first post wrong and thought I was saying all the dressings are the same when I clearly wasn`t. I said the white milky ones were the same. Than you leaped before you looked and here you are.
    I quote,
    If they are milky white they are basically the same thing.

So yes, you did say that all the milky white dressings were basically exactly the same.

I responded to your post because you stated something that is not completely factual. I assume you meant that the milky dressings are more or less the same in their end result of shine and UV protection. I gave the OP another avenue to think about, and that was potential health and environmental risk.

When someone is using these chemicals frequently (or everyday for that matter), yes, health concerns are definitely something to think about. 70 years ago they thought cigarette smoking wasn`t a health concern. 50 years ago, they said asbestos was perfectly fine to handle and wasn`t a health concern. Get real ? I find it disturbing that you believe that human health shouldn`t even be considered when one is deciding what chemicals to expose themselves to.

But yeah, I guess health and safety is a "rediculous" topic, I apologize for bringing it up
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WAS
    I quote,

So yes, you did say that all the milky white dressings were basically exactly the same.

I responded to your post because you stated something that is not completely factual. I assume you meant that the milky dressings are more or less the same in their end result of shine and UV protection. I gave the OP another avenue to think about, and that was potential health and environmental risk.

When someone is using these chemicals frequently (or everyday for that matter), yes, health concerns are definitely something to think about. 70 years ago they thought cigarette smoking wasn`t a health concern. 50 years ago, they said asbestos was perfectly fine to handle and wasn`t a health concern. Get real ? I find it disturbing that you believe that human health shouldn`t even be considered when one is deciding what chemicals to expose themselves to.

But yeah, I guess health and safety is a "rediculous" topic, I apologize for bringing it up

Health and safety isn`t a ridiculous topic in general but lets get serious here for a minute. There are hundreds of product recommendations made daily here on Autopia and thats probably being conservative. Every day some body asks whats the best product for this or that or whats a good alternative to another product or what ever. This thread was no different. Some alternative products were recommended to the thread starter. For some reason you turn into a health issue. How often does that happen on here in the thousands of product recommendations that are made here? Why this thread and why my post? I made a general statement that the milky white dressings are basically all the same and that is not an incorrect statement. They might have slight differences but basically they are water based PDMS dressings and you act like I recommended drinking rat poison. What are you trying to accomplish? You went off on a tangent over some product recommendations and I don`t know what point you are trying to make. It seems like you want to cause some crap with me otherwise you would be mentioning the health and safety impact of product choices in some of the other product recommendations made here.

As for the original topic what I said still stands. The thread starter can get Megs#40 and Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Protectant at CT and they are both very good. I have been using #40 for decades with great results and no brain tumors or environmental disasters in my neighborhood to report. I just started using the Autoglym and it works well but I haven`t used it long enough to collect any data on it`s health and environmental impact yet. If I notice people starting to have children with 3 eyeballs in my area I will report it here. In the mean time you can look at England for some info since Autoglym has been big there for some time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Health and safety isn`t a ridiculous topic in general but lets get serious here for a minute. There are hundreds of product recommendations made daily here on Autopia and thats probably being conservative. Every day some body asks whats the best product for this or that or whats a good alternative to another product or what ever. This thread was no different. Some alternative products were recommended to the thread starter. For some reason you turn into a health issue. How often does that happen on here in the thousands of product recommendations that are made here? Why this thread and why my post? I made a general statement that the milky white dressings are basically all the same and that is not an incorrect statement. They might have slight differences but basically they are water based PDMS dressings and you act like I recommended drinking rat poison. What are you trying to accomplish? You went off on a tangent over some product recommendations and I don`t know what point you are trying to make. It seems like you want to cause some crap with me otherwise you would be mentioning the health and safety impact of product choices in some of the other product recommendations made here.

As for the original topic what I said still stands. The thread starter can get Megs#40 and Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Protectant at CT and they are both very good. I have been using #40 for decades with great results and no brain tumors or environmental disasters in my neighborhood to report. I just started using the Autoglym and it works well but I haven`t used it long enough to collect any data on it`s health and environmental impact yet. If I notice people starting to have children with 3 eyeballs in my area I will report it here. In the mean time you can look at England for some info since Autoglym has been big there for some time.
    My point was not to start an argument with you. Yes, product recommendations are made daily on this forum, and I have no problem with that. What I was trying to point out was the incorrect statement (when you take in additional factors that you probably didn`t think about) that all milky white dressings "are basically the same". No, they`re not, they`re different. Am I saying one is better than another ? Am I saying that I would recommend one that is less damaging to health and environment ? No, all I said was that they weren`t all the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WAS
    My point was not to start an argument with you. Yes, product recommendations are made daily on this forum, and I have no problem with that. What I was trying to point out was the incorrect statement (when you take in additional factors that you probably didn`t think about) that all milky white dressings "are basically the same". No, they`re not, they`re different. Am I saying one is better than another ? Am I saying that I would recommend one that is less damaging to health and environment ? No, all I said was that they weren`t all the same.

Their close enough to generalize and say they are all pretty much the same. There definitely isn`t huge differences in the PDMS dressings. There definitely aren`t huge difference if any in the health and environment aspect so it wasn`t worth me mentioning when I said their all the same. If there was a legit health concern it would have been noted on here long ago. 3M Perfect it II Rubbing Compound for example is very bad to be exposed to it`s dust and recommended on the container and well known here to wear a mask when using it. It`s generally assumed that all the products recommended on Autopia are safe to use and if they aren`t it`s mentioned so I don`t see the point in making the big stink you did about it other than to cause crap with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    So that`s why it was a 50% off sale at CT....

I get my 303 from eshine but I did see some 303 in some Zellers, homehardware and walmart stores on Toronto but not all of them carry it. Not sure about ottawa.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s generally assumed that all the products recommended on Autopia are safe to use and if they aren`t it`s mentioned so I don`t see the point in making the big stink you did about it other than to cause crap with me.
    That`s the problem... Many of the products we use are not as safe as, say, water. Genral assumptions are not good. We should all be aware of that, especially those of us that have employees that depend on us to provide a safe working environment.

Secondly, I don`t know you, and I have no reason to randomly cause crap with you. I was simply pointing out (again) that these dressings are not all the same when you factor in all variables.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.wheretobuy303.com/results...ce=10&state=ON

Only 1 listing in Ottawa, but maybe another is in your general area.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information