Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally--an Ottawa-area Autopian...all the canucks I could think of seemed to be in Toronto! coryl, I wouldn`t hesitate to let gtpaul work on your car, and if he says Luxe is ok, then they are.

Post Thanks / Like
    I certainly do trust Kyle at LUX or he wouldn`t have so much of my money already...he installed my clear bra, window tint, window visors and got me my Weathertech liners for the EVO, and then he did the rust proofing on the Sebring.

The concerns I have are with what I need to do with the dealership...the door scratch, paint warranty, should they be reapplying the paint sealant (and the rust proofing) afterwards, as I paid them for both of these, and how that will work with the existing clearbra already installed...can these be reapplied with it on? And I love the sealant they put on the car, whatever it is, so I don`t want to lose having that on the car...finish looks the same after 20 washes without waxing. Do I get the clay bar done, and then submit the bill, or do I get 1/2 the hood done with the claybar treatment and go show them? The dealership first said the problem is a defect in the paint, then the e-mail I got from the `middle person` says it`s overspray. And because the dealer is saying things so differently from everyone else, this is where the problem lies.

I `sort of` don`t mind paying for the clay bar, but then I need to know what else I can or should have applied afterwards that the dealer should be responsible for, because I don`t want to have to pay for the more expensive things twice. I already hate paying for them the first time...lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by coryl
    I certainly do trust Kyle at LUX or he wouldn`t have so much of my money already...he installed my clear bra, window tint, window visors and got me my Weathertech liners for the EVO, and then he did the rust proofing on the Sebring.

The concerns I have are with what I need to do with the dealership...the door scratch, paint warranty, should they be reapplying the paint sealant (and the rust proofing) afterwards, as I paid them for both of these, and how that will work with the existing clearbra already installed...can these be reapplied with it on? And I love the sealant they put on the car, whatever it is, so I don`t want to lose having that on the car...finish looks the same after 20 washes without waxing. Do I get the clay bar done, and then submit the bill, or do I get 1/2 the hood done with the claybar treatment and go show them? The dealership first said the problem is a defect in the paint, then the e-mail I got from the `middle person` says it`s overspray. And because the dealer is saying things so differently from everyone else, this is where the problem lies.

I `sort of` don`t mind paying for the clay bar, but then I need to know what else I can or should have applied afterwards that the dealer should be responsible for, because I don`t want to have to pay for the more expensive things twice. I already hate paying for them the first time...lol.

First off: The sealant they applied is nothing more then your average over the counter sealant we can buy at Canadian Tire. It is unfortunate that they charge hundred`s of dollars for that but that`s how they increase their profit when they sell you a vehicle. Secondly, the dealership isn`t willing to do anything for you. You will need to clay-bar half your hood - prove that it can be removed - and then bring this up with the dealership and have them finish the work.

We are all giving you the same suggestions now it`s upto you to take our advice and prove the dealership wrong and sav yourself the trouble of questioning whats going on.

Get half the hood done, it will take 5 minutes. Goto the dealership and talk to the manager and say look: "It is removable, this is how the car should have been delivered to me", If they decide to not budge, start calling Mitsubishi Customer Care and complain, over and over.

There isn`t much else to say until you get a test spot done. I will do it for you for free if you drive to Nepean.
    PARK AVENUE

- D E T A I L I N G -

Ottawa Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s very convenient for me, as it looks like I`m just a few minutes away from you as I also live in Nepean (Centerpointe).

Ok, I thank you and will take you up on your offer. And although you believe that the dealership won`t pay out, I still really don`t want them to do anything other than pay out. :bat. I`m still hurting from the scratch they put in my car door, the lousy car prep, and the $204.52 oil and filter change last week...they explained this one by saying, "you know you have a racing engine in that car?"...and that`s only a few things of the things that they have done to upset me, and the tally keeps growing.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s very convenient for me, as it looks like I`m just a few minutes away from you as I also live in Nepean (Centerpointe).

Ok, I thank you and will take you up on your offer. And although you believe that the dealership won`t pay out, I still really don`t want them to do anything other than pay out. :bat. I`m still hurting from the scratch they put in my car door, the lousy car prep, and the $204.52 oil and filter change last week...they explained this one by saying, "you know you have a racing engine in that car?"...and that`s only a few things of the things that they have done to upset me, and the tally keeps growing.

The only option you have is to prove that the dealership is wrong regarding this situation. That the contaminants can be removed, you have someone qualified to remove them, and that you do not trust the dealership to do the work. If you are not upfront and dead serious with them they will push you aside because the last thing they want to do is pay out. You need to express that you do not feel that they are qualified to d the work based on their assumption that it needs to be wetsanded, and that you have opinions from professional detailers in the city that know what they are talking about

PM me what evenings you are free this week, as it should be mild all week and we will put some closure to what is going on.
    PARK AVENUE

- D E T A I L I N G -

Ottawa Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, PM`d...thanks. And thanks to everyone for their advice, you`ve all been a great.:clap:

Post Thanks / Like
    and the $204.52 oil and filter change last week...they explained this one by saying, "you know you have a racing engine in that car?"...and that`s only a few things of the things that they have done to upset me, and the tally keeps growing.

:spit::shocked

If they can see that they can keep getting over on you like that, they WILL! I just went through something similar with a friend of mine that I referred to a shop to get her car fixed. I had a good experience with them before, so hey. Yea...oops! It turned into a nightmare until I stepped in. They`d of cleaned her wallet out.

Listen to what the guys in your area (and here, of course) are telling you. Autopia is one of the best, if not the best place for stuff like this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let us know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have applied the so called sealant at dealerships, looks and durability aree generally aweful. There are many products out there that are much better. I tell everyone to buypass the paint and fabric protection and do it yourself of find a good detailer that can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalB6
    :spit::shocked

If they can see that they can keep getting over on you like that, they WILL! I just went through something similar with a friend of mine that I referred to a shop to get her car fixed. I had a good experience with them before, so hey. Yea...oops! It turned into a nightmare until I stepped in. They`d of cleaned her wallet out.

Listen to what the guys in your area (and here, of course) are telling you. Autopia is one of the best, if not the best place for stuff like this.

It`s so unfortunate that these kinds of things happen...whatever happened to pride in workmanship and decency and fairness? If they can make you afraid (re: under warranty), so that you feel you have to go see them, then they can charge you whatever they want.

And yes, I have learned so much here on Autopia...it`s been great and I thank you all. :thx

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bryansbestwax
    i have applied the so called sealant at dealerships, looks and durability aree generally aweful. There are many products out there that are much better. I tell everyone to buypass the paint and fabric protection and do it yourself of find a good detailer that can.

Bryan, don`t you get me going on this sealant! Whatever the heck they put on this car, I have to tell you that I just love it! I have never seen a product on a new car that shines like glass and doesn`t need frequent waxing like my other car (Sebring) does...even my neighbour`s new cars don`t shine anything like this, and that shine on my EVO continues after every washing...today is like the first day I bought this car. My bicepts thank whatever the product is that they applied. I`m going to find out their secret formula...and I think have ways to make them talk! I`m wondering if they aren`t using some formulation similar to the one that has been recently talked about on this autopia site?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by salty
    Let us know how it goes.

I will. I`ve PM`d you (e-mail was too larege so had to come in two parts)...thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was looking over the clay bar information which led me to a thread talking about recommendations for removing contaminants. One guy was saying that claying does not remove anything below the surface. He goes on to say that the contaminants that are below the surface even after claying continue to damage the paint. He says that only what has been touched by the clay on the surface would be removed.

He says in service manuals from Ford, etc, that they suggest using a chemical process, and to back up what he says, he produces an old service manual, but then says in a later responce that this information is in many of the new service manuals today...what do you all think about this information?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He says that most paint contamination issues can be corrected with products designed to relieve, remove and neutralize the contaminants without reducing the thickness of the clear coat. The manual he produces from Ford actually says that clay bar is not the recommended fix, and the manual actually does mention the following products to use instead...

"Fallout Remover" for industrial contamination- ex. jet fuel residue, iron/sulpher contaminents, smog contamiments

"Denatured Alcohol" for removing petroleum based contaminents, wax, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    DO the spots look rust coloured? If not, it is highly unlikely that it is industrial fall-out or rail-dust.
    PARK AVENUE

- D E T A I L I N G -

Ottawa Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gtpaul
    DO the spots look rust coloured? If not, it is highly unlikely that it is industrial fall-out or rail-dust.

Don`t think so, or at least I hope not...the paint has actual gold in it, so there are flecks of this gold color everywhere throughout the "phantom black" upgraded paint.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information