Post Thanks / Like
    Hey all,

I have been curious for the past while and am looking for Megs C2100 clay (the aggressive red stuff) I have tried their OTC clay you get at canadian tire and the like, as well as some Riccardo yellow clay, and both of them are not near aggressive enough.

Tree sap that has had ages to work itself on, tar and other mythical beasts of stickyness take far more time to take off a car than I am willing to spend on one stage. It took me nearly an hour just to clay the hood of a clients truck who parks under trees all day at work. I’d rather not polish such things in so I was hoping to pick up a jar or two of the new megs stuff. If you know where to pick some up, please fill me in and I will thank you muchly!

Well back to work for now! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    You could also try a decontamination kit instead, or to compliment a milder clay If you can`t get ahold of the more agressive stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Where could I pick one of those up here in Canada?

Post Thanks / Like
    Solvent for tree sap and tar, works faster and saves your clay.

Post Thanks / Like
    regardless, a more aggressive clay would be good as well for other things... like claying the shower free of water spots. and other ridiculous things like that. Regardless of application, it always seems that I am looking for a better clay bar... Is there a place to buy this stuff in Canada or am I going to have to import a bunch of it and hope it stays on top for some time?

Post Thanks / Like
    More aggressive clay and you are going to have to polish, as it will marr the paint.

Production Car Care has-had Z-Bar, which is probably the most aggressive clay made. Like wet sanding with 3000 grit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am curious as well as to the diffrence between the agressive and mild Meg`s clay. As for your tree sap trouble, try a solvent as mentioned before. It will break down that nasty stuff and you should be able to wash it right off.

My question is...Will the red stuff actually marr the paint so bad you`ll absolutely need to polish regardless of how much lube, pressure or care you use? How much of a diffrence is there in going from Meg`s white to blue clay? How about from blue to red?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had good results using a steamer to spread out large blobs of sap so it`s easier to remove with IPA and a Microfiber towel.
    Make it Shine Automotive Detailing
    Opti Coat Pro and CQuartz Finest Detailer
    Serving Greater Toronto Area, Mobile & Drop-off Service
    www.makeitshine.ca

Post Thanks / Like
    Even thought a steamer would help its going to cost way more money than the clay would....

A particular time stands out in my head for why I am looking for Megs red (or possibly even blue!) clay, I was detailing a friends GTO for him, and I had the paint smooth as butter, but could simply not strip the back window free of... something. It could have been tree crud, or something else. but it wasn`t water spots. Anyways I was at a 2x2 spot for a solid hour and I simply couldn`t make a dent in it. Megs white is just not aggressive enough to save time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalN.
    Even thought a steamer would help its going to cost way more money than the clay would....

I take it that you don`t have a steamer then? I have a cheap Shark Steamer from XS Cargo that I paid 29.99 for. I use it for all of my steaming jobs (not much) and it worked flawlessly for this task. I also use it for steaming headliners, leather, engine bay areas, interior crevices, seats, etc. Might be a worthwhile investment for you to consider.
    Make it Shine Automotive Detailing
    Opti Coat Pro and CQuartz Finest Detailer
    Serving Greater Toronto Area, Mobile & Drop-off Service
    www.makeitshine.ca

Post Thanks / Like
    My local paint supply shop carries it.

Thread Information