Post Thanks / Like
    I`m wondering if it will have adequate power...I`ve been reading about the Metro Vac n Blow but have no idea if it`s possible to get in Canada.

The Simoniz is $100 at CT. No mention of inches of waterlift. It is a 3 peak hp unit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just my honest opinion, I have tried quite a few of their products just out of curiosity and I have yet to find a good product that Simoniz makes.
    Top Shine Detailing

"Where perfection is the only step"

Post Thanks / Like
    that lil kit looks very good. you can get it on sale for 39.99 so i would wait. i havent used it but it looks pretty hd.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the metro vac-n-blo shipped to me in Canada.

Post Thanks / Like
    The metro vac can be shipped to Canada. You might want to look at a Ridgid wet/dry vac. I got one at Home Depot with a hose extension and wand for $100. The Ridgid is made in Canada, not too loud, and it has great suction. Simoniz, "I think", used to be a popular and good brand. However i think most of their powered equipment is re-badged offerings from China. I went into CT one time and saw 3 different brands of buffers, and they all had the same pic on the box, just different names and colors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do not bother with the smaller units ,just but A shop Vac if you have the space for it 3HP or Higher they work flawless .i have one that is 3HP ang for over 3 years and working like a champ.

i used it on wet carpet it suck like no tomorrow .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius
    I got the metro vac-n-blo shipped to me in Canada.

May I ask from where and approximately how much shipping (like order of magnitude)? Also UPS crazy brokerage fees?

Post Thanks / Like
    If its the same one I have, its quite a good little unit. It comes with a denim bag instead of those ****** paper ones (you have to buy it separately with the metro).

Its got more suck than my little shopvac... Ive had it for a few years and its been thru hell at back.

She`s developed a little leak, but that was easy to take care of with some RTV...

All in all, it was an excellent purchase for 40bux (on sale)
    1987 Pontiac Fiero GT 5spd

1993 Ford Probe GT 5spd

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking of trying this heavy duty vacuum lift kit. I have heard many good reviews and I might try it anytime soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have it, its pretty ok however I have nothing to compare it to so its hard to judge how "great" or "average" it may be, I`d like to own hte Metro-Vac version one day however that isn`t in the budget at the moment. The only thing that has gone wrong with it is the hose is somewhat brittle so after a few uses iit leakes where its been flexed too often however nothing some duct tape can`t fix.

Post Thanks / Like
    Note that Simoniz doesn`t *make* vacuums I can`t help but think there`s gotta be a better, and cheaper, way to go even if the unit in question does work OK.

Quote Originally Posted by leungly
    .. the hose is somewhat brittle so after a few uses iit leakes where its been flexed too often however nothing some duct tape can`t fix.

You might try fixing the hose with self-fusing tape instead. There are times when you *do* want to use duct tape (e.g., when the hose wants to separate from the piece that holds it on the vacuum), but for cracks/etc. I find the self-fusing tape is better. Neater/cleaner for one thing, plus it stays nice and flexible for years.

Thread Information