Post Thanks / Like
    Is it worth going down to the States to purchase products or is it better to buy the stuff up here (Toronto). I know about e-shine, but wanted to know if there were any other places to buy from.

Thanks.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It depends on if you have another reason to go there and if you are wanting to buy "regular" stuff like Mothers, Meguiar`s etc.

If you wanted to buy boutique stuff, you may have a hard time finding some store that sells it. Also, it wouldn`t be worth the gas unless you were right on the line. You would be charged the equivalent taxes when you crossed back unless you spent the night (extra cost). And you need either a passport or some other enhanced ID card to cross now. Birth cert. and drivers licenses aren`t good enough anymore.

But if you were wanting the "ordinary" stuff, and you were already going to be down there then yes, it would be cheaper to buy the stuff there.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I am planning a trip to pick something else up other than detailing stuff so I thought why not.

I`d probably go with Meguiars and/or a couple of things from Chemical Brothers.

Still doing some homework on the specifics, but was curious about the pricing.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the pricing of Megs, you could just look at their site and that`s pretty much the MSRP/going rate. You might get some stuff like NXT and Gold Class a bit cheaper at Wal-Mart but the web price will be a good reference point.

Regardless, it`s cheaper to buy them in the States, although Chris at eshine has some pretty good deals at times.

Did you mean Chemical Guys? I`ve never heard of a wax company called Chem. Bros. If you did mean CG, you probably won`t find it at any retail stores.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Thread Information