Thread: Only a buck

Post Thanks / Like
    You all know how easy it is to spend money on new products? At a local buck or two, in the kitchen knick knack section, I came across a microfiber scrub sponge polyester mesh on one side and a microfiber pad on the other. As the store says, they were a buck each, so I picked up two. Went home and tried one as an applicator pad for wax, and it worked beautifully, very soft surface with sponge in the middle, and I would bet the other side would work great for bugs on the bumper or windshield. So I went back and picked up 5 more. Microfiber applicator pads can be up to 5 dollars each so this was a good savings, and they seem to be a better quality than the one that came with my FMJ. More money to spend on wax!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think i have a couple of those. They work. I cut one side of the mesh so i can put my fingers in there for better grip.

Not sure if i would use the mesh on bugs, i might try a small area with lots of lube first.

You WILL like my work! jayjacque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Surprising sometimes what you can find in those stores. (there`s also junk so you have to watch it close) I think the applicators I got a few months ago were hand-size sponges covered with soft microfibre on all sides. Used it for a couple leather treatment jobs. Worked real nice for a buck fifty each. Other work-related little finds I`ve gotten in dollar stores: small cleaning brushes (as long as you don`t expect them to last real long), snap off blades, microfibre towels (utility quality only), small paint containers, cheesecloth, touch-up paint brushes, hand tools, and probably some other stuff I can`t think of right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found these at a dollar store in Waterloo for, you guessed it, one measly dollar.

http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/p...9_front200.jpg

The only difference between my bottles and these, are that I had a choice of clear, white, or blue bottles with ZERO writing on them. No commercial lettering!

I need about 6 more but it`s a 1.5 hr drive.

You WILL like my work! jayjacque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, I`ve gotten those at a dollar store too. Do you ever buy something at full price then a few weeks later see it at one of those places, same product? Hate that! For little stuff I try and remember to check dollar and thrift stores first.

Thread Information