Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Richy, You cannot buy Zaino from the US and ship it to Canada (Through the Zaino website).

William, I`m sorry you feel that way. I believe I made the intentions of my email known. If you and DFT feel its prejudicial, nothing I can do about it.

regarding this thread. I got a reply from Mike Adams at Zaino.ca and I will be calling Sal on Thursday. I`m not sure if I should post Mike`s response in this thread, I will ask a mod to determine if its appropriate here. I`m not implying Mike said anything wrong. There are parts of his response that could cause some controversy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewjoe
    Richy,

regarding this thread. I got a reply from Mike Adams at Zaino.ca and I will be calling Sal on Thursday. I`m not sure if I should post Mike`s response in this thread, I will ask a mod to determine if its appropriate here. I`m not implying Mike said anything wrong. There are parts of his response that could cause some controversy.

Just give Sal a call and ask him. I doubt Mike stated anything that is not public knowledge to justify his position on costing Zaino. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    It could be shipping prices. If you bought the same stuff over here it would cost AT LEAST $24 to ship.

Post Thanks / Like
    I called Sal this morning and had a nice chat with him. He`s a really cool guy, spends lot of time talking to you, you get the feeling that he will talk to you all day about his products if you had the time :xyxthumbs

Essentially he broke it down to me like this. I`ll use point form to explain where he is coming from

- Sal himself doesn`t have the time to deal with shipping product to Canada. He used to back in the 90`s and he found a lot of the time shipments would just go missing with no explanation. The hassle of getting chemicals into Canada was another reason he couldn`t deal with it anymore

- Sal decided to have a Canadian distributor who handles all the issues of getting products through customs and shipments, etc. Mike at Zaino.ca had his own initial issues with getting the product to Canada so he has since changed to driving the product over himself. So add time, gas, custom charges, tax, Sal not discounting his products a huge amount, etc. plus the small mark up for Mike to make some money for his efforts leads to this discrepency

At the end of the day i supposed Canada isn`t big enough of a detailing market to spend a lot of time and effort to improve sales. I appreciated Sal`s honesty, and it was nice talking to the owner of a US based company and get their perspective on US/Canada dealings.

We started talking about his products. I`m looking forward to trying Z-AIO and Z-CS in the future. I`ll probably buy them in the US and bring them back when on a trip.

I`m glad we have companies like eshine, carcaresmart, the detailing shop that have good product at competitive pricing. I`ll still continue to use Zaino because I love the the products.

Anyway thats that. Good to have some action in the Canada section

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blkZ28Conv
    Just give Sal a call and ask him. I doubt Mike stated anything that is not public knowledge to justify his position on costing Zaino. :nixweiss

Ya, i want to reiterate that Mike didn`t say anything bad or wrong. I just didn`t want Company A talking about Company B and it getting misinterpreted. So i kept it private. I had a few people read it through PM and they said it wasn`t bad at all. Just a personal choice, perhaps no one would have thought anything of it, but I just wanted to avoid any potential problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d like to add, I`d buy from Zaino.ca if his pickup location was closer to my house. Shipping is a bit too much if i want to only buy a few products. I just travel to the US on business a lot and can get product there. Just wanted to see if I could avoid that hassle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake

DF Towel missed the fact that E Shine is a Canadian retailer bringing in products from the US and not charging the ridiculous markups.

Crap! I knew I can charge more and get away with it! :chuckle:
    Chris Pace,

eShine Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewjoe
    I sent this to Sal today. I`m hoping for a response. How does everyone else feel? See below

I know this is a 07 thread but ...

There is more to doing international business than to simply apply the currency currency exchange rate.

Say I am a farmer and live in California. If I sell each of my apple at $1 US each in California. It does not mean that you will be able to buy my apple at whatever the current market currency exchange rate is.

There are tons of factors involved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information