Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by m4gician
    Please elaborate? How much cheaper is it? Or is there even a cost at all?

All I can think about is driving a 3-4 hour round trip plus at $1.00/liter for gas....

The cost of picking something up and bringing it in yourself is only taxes and Tariffs if the item is non USA made. Most of the time they just charge tax and forget about the tariffs (Unless you are a business).
    Chris Pace,

eShine Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    `If you guys want a better idea of what the total cost of your package will be then try TheFinalCost.com - Canadian total shipping fees calculator (brokerage, duty, customs) You input the package particulars and the actual cost to your door is shown. It can be a real eye opener. I live within 15 min of the border and I have used the US address many times in the past. Huge savings on bigger ticket items. Many times no tax either at the border. NONE!!!! If the item was shipped from a state other than NY then no US state taxes either. The price you see advertised is the price you pay. Eshine is definitely very price friendly in my book. Unless Chris doesn\`t stock a particular item I wouldn\`t even consider cross border shopping to save so little. \r\n\r\nPat.`

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, we canucks gets screwed pretty bad. I was looking at some camara at bestbuy, it would`ve cost over $500 after tax, but I found another site in US, the same camara costs below $300. We have to pay extra for everything, that`s why my next big detailing purchase is going to ship to my dad`s address in California, and I will pick it up when I go visit him next time.

Post Thanks / Like
    just have it ship by usps. autogeek ship by usps and a lot of them do if you ask. if they don`t want to ship usps then find another place. also you can ask them to checmark other, customer sample,gift or repair under warranty this way you pay no tax and customs fees

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all.

I just registered so I can post on this topic.

It took me two or three small shipments to figure out that UPS is to be avoided at all costs when ordering from the USA.I have tried asking the sellers to enter the value of the items under $20 ,or gift ,etc ,but this UPS still got me every time,and needless to say got me really annoyed.

But something good came out of all of this ,it made me look for Canadian sites,and I finally realized There really is no need for me to shop outside since almost all the stuff I need I can find here for slightly higher cost,which to me its negligible ,specially I get great satisfaction by not allowing the dreaded UPS to charge me those stupid made up charges like "importation tax" or " brokerage fee".

As for my waxes and sealant and other detailing products:waxing: I go to the good old www. ESHINE.ca.

If I must order from the US ,I try to find a seller that uses USPS which has never lost any of my orders,and has always been the cheapest and most reliable.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL I just put in a fairly sizable order form the states. Chris was only a tad more than the American sites, I think it was like 17% more on a SPECIAL ORDER item. But in the end it was much cheaper because it saved on a $30 UPS fee. So I came out $15 cheaper than the states. Shoot Chris and email, he is awesome to deal with and he answers your questions quickly....even if you email him in the middle of the night!

I think Chris doesn`t sleep so that he can put our orders together! Nothing but good things to say about Eshine. too bad I am growing poor after ordering so much.

Post Thanks / Like
    I order from eshine or I have places ship USPS. I won`t do UPS anymore, I am not contributing to their fleecing of Canadians with outrageous brokerage charges.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got a package from the US that was delivered via UPS and they did not charge me any duty or brokerage fee. The part was only $9 US though, I`ve heard they don`t charge any extra fees on anything under $50. I`ve gotten a few small packages from the US lately, all of them under $50 each, and haven`t paid anything extra on those either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman
    I just got a package from the US that was delivered via UPS and they did not charge me any duty or brokerage fee. The part was only $9 US though, I`ve heard they don`t charge any extra fees on anything under $50. I`ve gotten a few small packages from the US lately, all of them under $50 each, and haven`t paid anything extra on those either.
    I bought a USED water pump for $10 and UPS charged me $23.for importation tax.

I`m not sure what could have happened that they didn`t charge you,well good for you , hope they made a mistake or something ,don`t feel sorry for them ,they make enough from us poor Canadians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Distrbd
    I bought a USED water pump for $10 and UPS charged me $23.for importation tax.

I`m not sure what could have happened that they didn`t charge you,well good for you , hope they made a mistake or something ,don`t feel sorry for them ,they make enough from us poor Canadians.
    hmm that isnt right!!

you should call them

UPS: Rates for Customs Clearance into Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered a $6 ball joint boot because I didn`t want to replace the whole balljoint. Shipping was $10 so I figured $16 was still better than $90. FedEx came to my door and asked for another $14... I wanted to drop kick him but figured why shoot the messenger!
    Chris Pace,

eShine Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    OUCH! I just got a letter saying that i owed them $48 :| The terrible thing is they undercharged me! I was supposed to pay a lot more for the brokerage fee

Post Thanks / Like
    We`ve all got stories haha. I still have the packing slip from the silver spray I ordered to refinish a wheel. $21 spray can, $6 shipping, $5 duty, $13 handling, $31 brokerage.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    :shocked just checked out eshine. wow!!!!!!

Swissvax Divine personal wax 2 x 200 ml

Price: $2,500.00

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by simtso
    :shocked just checked out eshine. wow!!!!!!

Swissvax Divine personal wax 2 x 200 ml

Price: $2,500.00

And we sold one the first week we got Swissvax
    Chris Pace,

eShine Canada

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information