Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I put in an order to AG on Sat for roughly $150 worth of stuff, and then shipping ontop of that $30.

I got an email back from them this morning, letting me know a revised shipping quote. It was now going to be $72 (USD) to ship my order via Fedex International. I emailed them back politely, asking if there had been a mistake (As every order I`ve had for the last 2 years from AG has been via USPS). Apparently they are now shipping Canadian orders by Fedex now. Anyone else run into this issue? I`ve purchased thousands of dollars of stuff over the last couple years from AG, and never once had a complaint, they have had outstanding customer service, prices etc. I just ordered a very similar order 6 months ago, and it was only $29 for shipping.

Im seriously considering taking my business elsewhere now, Im just not prepared to pay that much for shipping on a $150 dollar order. I don`t even have anything heavy in there. It`s a pretty normal and light package.

Anyone else run into this issue at all? Im not sure what to do now :/
    Pinnacle Detailing - 1991 Nissan Skyline GTS-T TypeM

Post Thanks / Like
    ag has always shown me good customer service, however ive been buying from guys on autopia and autopia itself lately and have had top notch cs as well. if your order has been changed to +30% due to large shipping costs you might want to consider ordering from another etailer. most the stuff on ag can be found on danase.com exceldetail.com and topoftheline.com. all comparable prices but you may find yourself saving 40 bucks in shipping elsewhere.

plus those guys are there to answer any questions you may have via autopia or phone.

Post Thanks / Like
    I totally agree, I`ve always had great things to say about AG. I`ve never had a problem ordering from AG, they were awesome. Which is why I was pretty shocked when they told me the new shipping cost & policy.

I think the real reason behind this is probably to do with sorting on their end. USPS usually requires them to take the packages to the post office, where as Fedex will come pick them up. I bet that`s why they`ve changed it.

Looks like I`ll talk to Bob @ Danase

Post Thanks / Like
    Nah, that cant be why, USPS will come and pick up your packages as well. Thats pretty weird, USPS did recently raise rates..... Maybe that has something to do with it?

Who knows man, all I know AG has given me nothing but pure satisfaction as far as customer service is concerned. Have you tried calling them yet?

Jim
    2004 Dodge Dakota SXT

Currently Wearing: Scottwax`s Famous Pink Moose, JW AJT, JW AG

Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic Oil (What a difference!)

Post Thanks / Like
    It could be brokerage charges. With FedEx and UPS, using expedited or express instead of ground can be cheaper..and much much faster. USPS hooks up with Canada Post and for some reason charges much much less

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kleraudio
    Who knows man, all I know AG has given me nothing but pure satisfaction as far as customer service is concerned. Have you tried calling them yet?

Jim

I havent` tried calling them yet, I`ve been emailing back and forth with their shipping department though. Im not sure calling them about it will remedy the situation. I can`t expect special treatment every time I want to place an order.

As I said earlier, Im more shocked about this than anything. I just think it`s a bad business move on their part, as I won`t be ordering anything if it costs that much to ship. Not to mention that Fedex charges brutal brokerage fees.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it`s just more profit for them.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Since you gave them your business and they earn your business why not give them a simple call and find out the switch and price increase....we can all assume but that wont help @ all...

i know for sure there is a big jump in price from USPS to FEDEX & Ups.....
    another day another dollar

Post Thanks / Like
    I just received my order of 14 LC pads, Optimum Polish and Menzerna IP from autogeek today. I`m in Ottawa and the shipping was $40 which I thought was high but not too bad. FedEx charged me $30 in taxes.

I don`t think I would order from them again as the shipping and the taxes combined was quite high.

I usually try to get my stuff from eshine.ca but they dont sell the LC pads I wanted/ordered or Menzerna.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by davis98

I usually try to get my stuff from eshine.ca but they dont sell the LC pads I wanted/ordered or Menzerna.

If you are looking for Menzerna up here I know CarCareSmart.com Canada: Premium Car Care and Detailing Products and The Detailing Shop (thanks Ben Kenobi) carry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, I think the detailing shop is getting more products in the next few days or weeks. I am pretty sure they George is getting pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    You should definitely try calling them and at least finding out why they made the switch.

Jim
    2004 Dodge Dakota SXT

Currently Wearing: Scottwax`s Famous Pink Moose, JW AJT, JW AG

Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic Oil (What a difference!)

I hear the '55s are in Ben Kenobi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy moley, if this is true I won`t be ordering from them any longer. That`s too bad as I really like their product lines and excellent service. I`ll just be ordering as much as I can from shops here. Let`s find out what the story is on this.
    Hoping the weather gets warmer again

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by davis98

We have the CCS pads on order now. Lake country is going into shutdown so nothing is shipping until the 9th
    Chris Pace,

eShine Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah i noticed AG shipping cost is outrageous and now it went higher!! :bat I usually just order from Eshine. Awesome service. I have tried Pakshak too and they are great too. davis98 I am in Ottawa too( well near it and I work in Ottawa too) . I was going to order from the U.S sometime this month if you want to hook up to save shipping cost that would be cool. Actually this goes out to all the ottawa guys and gals.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information