Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    guys remember, the taxes charged on your shipments are customs duties and not billed to you from FedEx. They may be charged BY FedEx, but the add`l amounts you are paying are from the CA Government. FedEx just rolls the charges over to you after they pay up front (This is the best understanding I have of the situation. I`m a courier with Express, Ground may be different)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JRock10
    guys remember, the taxes charged on your shipments are customs duties and not billed to you from FedEx. They may be charged BY FedEx, but the add`l amounts you are paying are from the CA Government. FedEx just rolls the charges over to you after they pay up front (This is the best understanding I have of the situation. I`m a courier with Express, Ground may be different)

This seems to be the common understanding but here is how it actually works.

1. You will pay the US bases vendor shipping charges.

2. You will pay the Canadian Government 14% taxes.

3. You will pay the Canadian Government duties on all non-USA made products. Example, Asian microfiber 16%, German made 6%

4. You will pay the shipper Brokerage charges. Brokerage charges are what the shipper charges to fill in the customs paperwork. Usually brokerage charges are excessive with most carriers besides USPS, they are they cheapest. UPS is the worst, FedEx is pretty bad also. It is very possible AG and FedEx are charging brokerage charges up front, this would explain the increased price.
    Chris Pace,

eShine Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what happens when you order from pretty much any American site.

1. You get the box, you are happy

2. You are about to play with your new toys, but you find a small sticker

3. you read the sticker

4. lots of 4 letter words

5. you have to go and pay UPS or FedEx $30 on a $150 order.

Most of my shopping is done at Eshine. Thedetailingshop doesn`t take paypal yet, and my parents aren`t pleased when I used my credit card (connected to theirs)

Post Thanks / Like
    I too have many times looked elsewhere after eyeing the wicked deals on autogeek. Their shipping for gallon sized products is an ENTIRELY new quote, and it`s quite often that it is substantially more than the `estimate` on the site.

I`ve found myself leaning towards Pakshak now; ask for a quote, you`ll be PLEASANTLY surprised with the charges for brokerage/shipping. I find it hard to believe that shipping all the way from Hawaii to Toronto, is less than shipping from wherever autogeek ships from in the Continental US. What he quotes you for shipping and the extra charges, is what you pay--no hidden charges that come in the mail a few weeks later, and no charge when I go to pick it up at my local branch. USPS is the only way to ship for Canadians, moving over to Fedex/UPS is definitely a major deterrence, and will only hinder Canadian sales IMHO.

Though pakshak`s selection is limited in comparison to autogeek, I just can`t justify the heavy shipping charges of AG. Detailing Shop, and Pakshak are the places to go for Canadians!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWWW
    . Detailing Shop, and Pakshak are the places to go for Canadians!

Are we chop liver? :ca LOL

P.S, There is also Carecaresmart and 2020kustoms in Canada. Canadians are not soooo deprived, four great places IN Canada. None as big as AG but give it time....
    Chris Pace,

eShine Canada

I hear the '55s are in Ben Kenobi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Um I was thinking the same thing. I know Pakshak is a great place to shop but I`d rather have my order in a couple of days rather than a couple of weeks. Plus I`d like to support someone here if I can.
    Hoping the weather gets warmer again

Post Thanks / Like
    Several years ago there was squat in Canada. Carcaresmart was the first, We started in 2004 and only intended to be a Klasse distributor. At that time Carcaresmart only had a few product lines, We then expanded and so did Carcaresmart. There was a streak of competitive pricing and constant expansion between us. Then 2020kustoms came in and now thedetailingshop. Between eShine, Carcaresmart, the detailingshop and 2020, even as a consumer I would not see any reason to shop in the USA. The Canadian dollar is strong which caused most companies to lower their prices (Including us). All the popular brands are in our homeland now and there are no longer huge delays to get new products. We are currently arranging to get the UDM and Menzerna which will bring us to 30 brands! Lastly, we have great beer!
    Chris Pace,

eShine Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Well summarized Chris, you said it perfectly!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kleraudio
    You should definitely try calling them and at least finding out why they made the switch.

Jim
    Agreed. If you really want answers go to the source. Honestly, as a business owner, I hate coming online and seeing someone asking a question about my business, unless it is to me in my forums, because they could of just contacted me and got an accurate response right away.

Post Thanks / Like
    I placed an order on Saturday. I`m still waiting for notification of shipping charges! Not impressed. $81 purchase...I hope shipping hasn`t gone up like those above. :faint:

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I`ve been talking to Jason @ Autogeek over the last week to get this all figured out, and it looks like I have. Here is the final deal on shipping.

Autogeek is using two shipping options. USPS (like normal) or new (Fed Ex). My understanding is that you have a choice which one to use. In the end, I was quoted a much lower shipping rate to go with USPS (which I did).

They have some new staff in the shipping department and this is where some of the confusion could have stemmed from. I hope that over the next couple weeks the hiccups get sorted out and things get a little smoother.

So the final verdict on this seems to be, to just double check which method you`re getting quoted. I ended up being charged $40 on the shipping, which was what I was quoted on website.
    Pinnacle Detailing - 1991 Nissan Skyline GTS-T TypeM

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnab
    Well I put in an order to AG on Sat for roughly $150 worth of stuff, and then shipping ontop of that $30.

I got an email back from them this morning, letting me know a revised shipping quote. It was now going to be $72 (USD) to ship my order via Fedex International. I emailed them back politely, asking if there had been a mistake (As every order I`ve had for the last 2 years from AG has been via USPS). Apparently they are now shipping Canadian orders by Fedex now. Anyone else run into this issue? I`ve purchased thousands of dollars of stuff over the last couple years from AG, and never once had a complaint, they have had outstanding customer service, prices etc. I just ordered a very similar order 6 months ago, and it was only $29 for shipping.

Im seriously considering taking my business elsewhere now, Im just not prepared to pay that much for shipping on a $150 dollar order. I don`t even have anything heavy in there. It`s a pretty normal and light package.

Anyone else run into this issue at all? Im not sure what to do now :/

Try talking to Danase and topoftheline.com. I do mean talk, be honest, tell them who you dealt with in the past and what happened.

Changeling.

PM sent you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got one of AutoGeek`s sale advertisements in my email today and thought this info might be useful to some of our friends up north:

1/2 OFF Shipping Rates to Canada!

We have negotiated a special arrangement with USPS that allows us to cut shipping rates to Canada in half! We are implementing the new rates on Autogeek.net on a trial basis starting today. We are working diligently with the post office to make these new rates permanent for our Canadian customers. Visit Autogeek`s shipping page for details.

Shipping Information

Post Thanks / Like
    :ca

GTA-groupbuy anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWWW
    :ca

GTA-groupbuy anyone?

I`m sure you`ll find some members that would like to go in on it. There are some excellent products on sale, what are you thinking of getting?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information