Post Thanks / Like
    I`m thinking there are a few members from the Victoria area, or within close driving range of Victoria, and we could use our closeness to share costs for mail order supplies now and then. We could get large amounts or small amounts or even share samplers of favourite products.

For example, I just bought a gallon of ONR from carcaresmart in Burnaby. $63.82 delivered to my mailbox and I don`t really need the whole gallon immediately. (It`s an American gallon, 3.78 liters, 128 oz, not the manly, robust Canadian gallon we used to use. I`m in trouble now!) 16 bucks for 32 oz. delivered is reasonable. A couple of oz as a sampler or trader is also reasonable.

I`ve aleady met mcnab, and a great story there, Superstring is local I think, I think I`ve seen his cat :chuckle: , Dsvwgli is in John Dean Park, so there might be a potential here.

No huge organization, no meetings because meetings are lame but we could throw out buying ideas via PMs.

What do you think guys, does the idea interest you or have merit? Expanding our knowledge base is always a good thing.

-John C.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im always interested in trying new products and techniques, and Im more than willing share some of my product collection that others would like to try. After trying JohnZ3MC`s souveran I was floored! Totally sold on it...Btw did you ever get a chance to try the DP Xtreme Foam? If so what did you think?

I wish I`d known you were buying ONR, I would have gone in on part of it with you :cooleek: I`ve only got about 1/2 a bottle left. I plan on using the ONR quite a bit this winter as I can use it in the garage out of the cold :spot

I didn`t realize there was another autopian in Dean Park! Where abouts? If it`s got an autopian detail I`d have definitly noticed it Im surprised he/she hasnt` seen me out there. You`d definitly know I was an OCD by the foamgun and leaft blower

There`s also "Metal" who`s a friend of mine and Autopian as well. We`ve bought some things together in the past when making orders, so Im sure he would be in on some bulk buying as well

Greg
    Pinnacle Detailing - 1991 Nissan Skyline GTS-T TypeM

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey!

I`ve been meaning to order some ONR so getting 32 ounces localy would be great.

I`m also thinking of ordering some Menzerna PO85RD and PO106FF. I was going to get a small bottle of each, but if others are interested I could get more and split it.
    A well-prepared surface will make any wax look good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi John

Yep, I`m local, Fairfield area in fact. You and I have a mutual friend, from whom I`ve heard quite a bit about you. , but that`s another story. And no, unfortunately, you haven`t seen my cat as she`s in cat heaven

Anyway I think your idea is a good one. I might very well be interested in some of your ONR, for instance, but I need to know more about it (I`ll do some research). I have (quite) a few products that I`m probably never going to finish, so I`m open to trading etc. If you (or any of the other "locals") would like to PM me, I`ll give you some contact info for future reference.

-John C

Post Thanks / Like
    That was a fast response fellows, and the future looks rosy,

Greg (mcnab),

I`ve tried the dp extreme foam shampoo and it was extreme. The bubbles were so big and thick I couldn`t find the M Coupe for a while - I had to grope around in a mountain of suds until I felt something imola and metallic. I haven`t tried it in the foamgun yet but I`m looking forward to giving it a go and will be doing a gallon purchase come the springtime, maybe two gallons? Not only was it hugely foamy and bubbly, it did a great job of removing buggy bits and sappy bits and tarry bits and other strange bits I couldn`t recognize and I`m surprised it doesn`t get a few more mentions in `Greatest Shampoos I`ve Ever Used` threads. Is it quite new or am I just behind the 8 ball on this one?

Since you have some ONR already and it goes a long way, I`ll offer some to Superstring, and if he doesn`t want it, I`ll bring it over to you and you can top up yours.

I`m not 100% sure dsvwg** is in John Dean Park. I vaguely remember seeing a truck in the driveway in one of his pictures and the background looked like JDP but I could be way off base. I`ve been known to be wrong before, (once in 1964) the truck picture may not have even been his.

Black240SX,

What do you drive? Just kidding, I think I have a handle on it. You`re more than welcome to 32 oz of the ONR. You`ve probably already read about it and know it`ll be wonderful for winter washing/cleaning.

I`ll share some of the Menzerna 106 with you for sure, but not until the spring - I don`t plan on doing any polishing over the winter, it just seems so counter-productive and the M Coupe is off the road for the winter. The Slugmobile (my gloomy time and work type driver) would love to be polished but she`ll have to do with lots of fillers and Collinite 476 for her winter coat.

Drop me a PM and we`ll work out the details for the ONR transfer.

Superstring,

You`ve piqued my curiosity about the mutual friend. I know a couple of people in Fairfield, a blonde and a dark haired brunette, both fiesty and wonderful. OK, truth be known, not that fiesty but wonderful for sure.

I`m sorry about your cat, the passing of a family friend is not easy to deal with. Over the recent years I`ve had two huge white standard poodles, a momma and her son, pass from old age. Little Daisy Duke is old and loopy and an absolute treasure. Daisy Duke, she`s about as far from Jessica Simpson as anyone can possibly imagine. On the good looking spectrum, Jessica would be near one end, and the little Daisy would be so far down the other end you`d need a roadmap and GPS to find her. She barks at falling leaves and Robert Goulet.

I`ll save some ONR for you too if you decide to try it, we can trade or you can grab it for cost. Otherwise I`ll pass it on to Greg.

A good start,

-John C.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear you liked it John! If you get a chance to try it in your foamgun, you`ll see that`s where it really shines. I love the minty smell it has as well. I agree, that it doens`t get much mention here. I don`t think many of the DP products have yet. The only reason I got to try it was they included a free sampler when I purchased my foamgun. AFter trying out tons of different soaps, nothing was coming close to the foam and lubrication I`d got in the sampler. So I ordered the 128oz jug of it! IF you`d like more before spring, just let me know and I can drop some off.

I should have enough ONR get myself through winter, but if no one else takes you up on your offer, I`ll purchase a top-up from yah :2thumbs:

Right now I`ve still got a lot of stuff I need to try that I still havent` opened yet hehe. Im more or less trying some finishing polishes, and a few different sealents. I have tons of pluish buffing MF`s, but I don`t have that many quality drying towels, so if I order more of those, I`ll check to see if anyone wants anything a first, help save on shipping
    Pinnacle Detailing - 1991 Nissan Skyline GTS-T TypeM

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ3MC

Superstring,

You`ve piqued my curiosity about the mutual friend. I know a couple of people in Fairfield, a blonde and a dark haired brunette, both fiesty and wonderful. OK, truth be known, not that fiesty but wonderful for sure.........

-John C.

Neither blonde or brunette, John. Goes by the name of Jim Hansen. Thanks for the kind words about my late friend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by superstring
    Neither blonde or brunette, John. Goes by the name of Jim Hansen. Thanks for the kind words about my late friend.
    Cats, ..... dogs, they fight like cats and dogs, but it doesn`t matter, it`s the bond that matters and the bond lasts forever.

I`m shocked that the mutual friend is of the male persuasion, and Jim is certainly of the male persuasion. Jim`s a close friend, a driver pal, and we`ve shared many a night at Boston Pizza over the summer months. Jim`s s a real quality guy and I treasure him dearly so any pal of Jim`s is a pal of mine. I could tell you stories about Jim that would curl your hair. I hope you`re not a navy guy or you`d end up with really curly hair. Har, har, har, har.

You think I`m bad? I`m nothing compared to Jim, he taught me everything I know. He`s the quintissential party animal and I owe my whole existence to Jim. He taught me how to order pizza and what to add to them, how to order beer, and the type of beer to vacuum the quickest.

Parenthetically speaking, the four horsemen of the Apocalypse of Victoria sightseeing are Jim, Bill, Poppy, and me, but I`m a minor 4th. I`m really nothing compared to those other guys. Ask Jim about them and he`ll giggle like a little school girl. Jim is the `cappo de tutti du cappi` of sightseeing drivers and I value his counsel above all others.

In fact, we may be calling on you to join us at BP most every Thurs, Fri, and Sat, evenings throughout the summer months. We`ll regale you with witty reparte and outrageous tales of our summer adventures. Maybe even Mon, Tues, Wed, and Sun. as well.

All kidding aside, check out ONR, and if you want some it`s yours, ok, I`m giggling too, I have a difficult time being serious.

-John C.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey fella`s how`s it going? Just came across this thread today. I may be interested at some time for the right products. I`m starting to become set in my ways with products now as I have tried quite a few over the years, but hey you got to try new things now and again. If anyone is interested I have a jar of P21s that`s only been used a few times that I don`t want anymore. PM me if interested. johnZ3MC I live in Nanaimo.
    2010 Nissan 370Z

Superior Auto Care

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DSVWGLI
    Hey fella`s how`s it going? Just came across this thread today. I may be interested at some time for the right products. I`m starting to become set in my ways with products now as I have tried quite a few over the years, but hey you got to try new things now and again. If anyone is interested I have a jar of P21s that`s only been used a few times that I don`t want anymore. PM me if interested. johnZ3MC I live in Nanaimo.

PM sent

-John C.

Thread Information