Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    since we lack in informations and there are way too many products in CT to try out..

I say.. we should share some informations as to what are the quality ones we can get locally.(assuming everyone is near to at least one CT)..

here are my favorite picks from CT.

1. Turtle Wax Wet`n black tire cleaner.

-> though I havent used many other products for tires.. this seems last long enough... at least I have found it lasts longer than eagle one all wheels and tire, which also can be found at CT..

2. meg`s plastX..

-> great for buffing lights.(headlamp and etc..)

3. turtle wax power ouit carpet cleaner

-> nice smell and brush comes with it works well.

and others?

Post Thanks / Like
    Meg`s Hot Shine and Quick Clay

Zeller`s now carry 3M products at low prices !

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t really cared to try most of their products, considering the results from the people here.

I`ve only tried Megs Gold Class Paste wax, Turtle wax ICE, the generic citrus wheel cleaner, generic brand tire dressing, and 303 Aerospace protectant. The 303 and citrus wheel cleaner is probably the only ones that I use on a daily-basis.

I do love their deal on the shop rags a while back. $5 for 3-lbs of shop rags (linty) but I use them to apply dressing to PW`ed engines, degreasing sills, the grungy work.

Post Thanks / Like
    At canadian tire I love to pick up

303, to bad it only comes in the 16oz bottles at ct

Also sometimes ill pick up gold class soap and a few of the mirrior glaze products when they have them. I wish ct had a bigger selection but w.e life goes on

Post Thanks / Like
    zellers?...didnt even know if they had auto section...

thx for the info!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Folex Carpet Cleaner and whatever Mirror Glaze products they carry (Usually the vinyl and rubber cleaner)
    She says it`s just a car, I say she`s just a girl, it`s not a hobby, it`s a way of living :ca

Post Thanks / Like
    the sheepskin wash mitt. M07 show car glaze and gold class. they have some goodies that have to be orders but they are usually cheaper elsewhere

Post Thanks / Like
    I buy a ton of cans of their cheapest dressing for dressing inner fenders. (usually the simoniz stuff). It came on for like $2 a can awhile back so bought a lot. Their 303 stuff is ok. I`ll also buy the nevrdull and mothers chrome polishes for doing up exhaust pipes. Usually my older microfibres take the grunge work, but if they`ve got a deal on their crappy microfibres I`ll pick up a few packs for plastics etc, grungy work etc.

If you like gloss dressings, their E1 tire shine isn`t bad. Mild slinging but a really "bling" shine. That`s pretty much all I`ll buy. For some reason everytime I go in there, I look at the detailing section like I expect to see that they`ve started stocking zaino, opt, pinnacle etc. So far it hasn`t happened, but i`ll keep my eyes peeled hehee
    Pinnacle Detailing - 1991 Nissan Skyline GTS-T TypeM

Post Thanks / Like
    This week they have have a 5-pack of Microtex microfibre towels for $4. They aren`t the best quality, but far from the worst.

Aside from that, 303 Protectant, Meguiar`s QD and NXT. Oh, and those Simonize sheepskin towels for $12 are really soft and plush, but I had one fall apart on me after 3 uses.

Post Thanks / Like
    simoniz sheepskin washmitt, megs nxt paste, megs gold class paste, the whole 303 line

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I must admit I was a little taken back at first, reading any kind of posting by a pro detailer referring to "Canadian Tire". But after reading a few of these posts I must admit there are a few product lines that my suppliers are unable to provide that can be purchased at Canadian Tire. Good thread. "Flip That Car!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarydetail
    At canadian tire I love to pick up

303, to bad it only comes in the 16oz bottles at ct

Also sometimes ill pick up gold class soap and a few of the mirrior glaze products when they have them. I wish ct had a bigger selection but w.e life goes on

Ask the guys from the parts desk, it comes in a larger size. You have to order it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Meg`s NXT Tech Protect for interior plastics. I use it on exterior textured plastic, too. I find it`s shinier than Meg`s Trim Detailer and repels dust better, too. The Trim Detailer is like a dust magnet.

I also like Mother`s leather cleaner and Mother`s leather conditioner. Two separate but complimentary products.

Lastly, pink erasers for removing wax from the textured trim. They work better than anything else I`ve tried

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sneek
    Ask the guys from the parts desk, it comes in a larger size. You have to order it.
    Great idea. One of the guys in the parts department of the Broadmead CT is really helpful for you Greater Victoria guys and will try his best to bring in CD2 engine detailer if I can get him a product number. I told him I`ll order a whole case so my quest continues, so if anyone has a CD2 product number, I`ll be forever grateful and will name my nextborn after you. They handle more than a few CD2 products already so I`m mildly optimistic.

I`m like mcnab, I go to CT expecting the world. I rarely buy anything but I just can`t resist looking.

By the way, anyone found a source for Blue Coral ProductX glaze?

-John C.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    CD-2 Engine Detailer:

UPC- 0 70711 04514 0

Stock No. 4514

Non-descript number underneath stock# is 1-4514-01-2

Hope this helps.... Let me know when the tike is on the way!
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information