Post Thanks / Like
    Hey folks,

Has anyone used or had any luck with this polisher from Canadian Tire. I have a White 1999 Buick Regal that I`m thinking of going over with a clay bar, swirl remover and then a couple of coats of wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    I owned one and quite happy with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought one, used it on a fender of my car and its been sitting in my basement ever since. It just isn`t as versatile as a PC because of inability to change pads and also the speed of a PC goes way beyond the Simoniz.
    She says it`s just a car, I say she`s just a girl, it`s not a hobby, it`s a way of living :ca

Post Thanks / Like
    Its probably a handy tool for removing / applying nice layers of wax, but the pc is really superior.

The PC has many different pads and can brake down compounds / polishes to really give a great shine.

Yours should be ok for basic applying / removing of some light polishes and wax, but anything heavy needs at least a pc.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok thanks folks I`m just looking at something to get some swirls out and get a decent wax job but it`s hard to justify the price of a PC for what will likely be a one time use, thanks for the input

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White Knight
    ok thanks folks I`m just looking at something to get some swirls out and get a decent wax job but it`s hard to justify the price of a PC for what will likely be a one time use, thanks for the input

If this happens to be the machine I`m thinking of don`t count on it removing swirls. It will lay wax down and if the wax happens to have fillers the appearance may be that the swirls are diminished. It`s ability to do paint correction however is right next to zero. My advice though it may be worth little is to save your money. You can lay wax almost as fast by hand.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I hear the '55s are in Ben Kenobi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`d put your money towards a PC. Believe me it won`t be a one time use, you`ll end up using it on family and friends vehicles too. Make a run to Burlington, VT and hit a Lowes for a 7336.
    Hoping the weather gets warmer again

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White Knight

Not really...just find an excuse to need a sander and then buy the PC and use it to sand and polish. Hell, it`s the only reason I was able to get mine. :getdownBut if all else fails, just set aside a few bucks here and there, like don`t go out to eat every once and a while, and voila...PC.
    -Geonald

Post Thanks / Like
    lol if u lived closer to me i would let you feel the difference LOL Quebec`s just a tad far away

Thread Information