Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, I`m a noob here and am just starting to get into detailing. I just purchased a 93 Honda Civic DX with a shiny red with gold flake paint job, and want to make sure I keep it looking its best.

Aside from all of the products I ordered from autopia, I am looking to buy some Mother`s FX synwax but can`t find it anywhere. I`ve been to Lordco and Canadian tire and found a whole lot of nothing. Any suggestions on other retail outlets to try and buy it from?

I`ve heard that Synwax works well and is really easy to put on and take off. I`ve personally never done a proper clean, polish or wax, so right now I`m goin for the easy stuff, but i still want quality product. Let me know if you have any other suggestions of waxes (sealants?) to try out and where I can get them from.

Post Thanks / Like
    Megs NXT should be available near you and it is a very easy on/off product. I like NXT a lot for what it`s worth. Leaves a great shine!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!

Check out eshine or carcaresmart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, but eshine doesn`t carry mother`s products and carcaresmart has very few. I dont even mind if it`s American online or anything, it seems like its worth waiting on the shipping for.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.mothers.com/retailers/

Click on the "internet" section for a list of retailers.

I did a quick check and it looks like Autobarn carries it and it`s on sale for $12.95/bottle.

Maybe cheaper elsewhere, but I`ll let you look through the retailers.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

I hear the '55s are in Ben Kenobi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you ever go across to Washington state? If so Pep Boys carries the complete line of FX products and the Reflections wax. Prices aren`t too bad either. I have also found a couple of sellers on eBay that carry FX and all of the Reflections line. Spilchy has used Autobarn and found them a good outfit to buy from. FX really is good, I`ve found every item worth keeping in my arsenal. If you need any samples let me know and I`ll see about getting you some. Best of luck!
    Hoping the weather gets warmer again

Post Thanks / Like
    1.go to canadian tire parts desk

2.ask the parts guy to get it for you off ekeystone

3you pay first before they order it.

4. wait 2-4 weeks, they will tell you how long

5. pick up your new mothers Synwax

if they dont know what their doing, tell them to flip through the CT special order book

but FWIW, IMO

NXT or Gold Class > Synwax

If durability is what your looking for, i have no idea

heres all the info you need

VENDOR: MOTHERS

PART NUMBER: M4020016

APPLICATION N/A

RETAIL PRICE: 17.46

BTW you won`t get it for the "retail price" unless they are shipping something else to the store

Muscle cars FOREVER !!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi There & Welcome !!! You will not be disappointed in Mothers FX SynWax, it`s GREAT !

Try the `net Waxstation, they basically only sell the entire Mothers line of products,

great vendor.

My winter combo is Mothers FX SynWax then Collinite 845 IW ( 2x ), GREAT durability & SHINE :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    so... did they order it for you?

Post Thanks / Like
    you guys are great. I obviously need to participate in this forum a little more. I haven`t tried the whole canadian tire dealy yet, although i did go down there and tell them to check it out, and I was told they`d checkit out and call me back. I should go in there with my guns loaded and get some of that stuff ordered! Anyways, I just received my whole package from autopia today and am itching to start my first detail on the weekend, only problem will be I dont have a sealant lol. I couldn`t find any gold class or NXT down at Lordco or Canadian tire that could I could try out.

I think I am mainly looking for ease of use and durability right now, just because I`m a full time student and a first time detailer. I`ve read tons of easy-to-use reviews about synwax, and the shines supposed to be great too. I`ll let you know how I end up going, but please let me know if you have any more suggestions.

PS. autobarn looked like a good place to order also.. but a whole shipment for a bottle of synwax? hm.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean. I`m looking at Autobarn or Autogeek for some Mother`s Reflections products and it`s hard to justify for just a couple of items. Just did a 2006 Chevrolet Equinox with friends yesterday and we did most of the body with FX. It looks amazing on the charcoal gray, it made the flake just pop! Maybe we can get a sample to you or I can see about getting you a bottle on my next trip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, yeah, I`d be up for either of those. Send me a pm sometime at let me know if you cook anything up. I just finished my detail for the weekend (took me like 12 hours to do almost nothing). But it was my first.

Saturday: Washed wheels tires, car and dried. Applied first polish (Sonus SFX-1). 6 hours or so.

Sunday: Whiped down, applied Sonus SFX-3 (which was alot harder to wipe off than SFX-1), waxed with Mother NXT then vaccumed and whiped full interior.

Looks really good but I left out alot of things. The paint job is absolutely horrible, so I`m still debateing on weather I should post the pics. Maybe I should post the for the sake of complaing :argue .

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure why not post. Did you do this all by hand? I`m sure we can get you some FX cheaper than what CT wants.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yah, all by hand. Can`t afford a pc, and probably wouldn`t wanna try one for first timin` it. I`ll post this weekend (all the pics are on dad`s cam back at his place).

Thread Information