Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI

just picked up z5 pro,

I sure hope its worth it.. most likely not.. at $42.00 after shipping from zaino.ca ..wooaaah!

I don`t think I`ll be buying much zaino in the distant future..

Post Thanks / Like
    What is with that? Here in the states it`s $16.95 plus $8.95 shipping--so about $26 US. What happened to NAFTA? Where is the extra money getting added in?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s my receipt

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey man, I believed you, I was just wondering where all the extra cost came from! How does the Canadian dollar compare to US? Looks like the product price is much higher, plus a little more on the shipping, and a bunch of taxes.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Currently it`s hovering around 89Ă‚¢ or so to the US $1.00, so the exchange isn`t the reason. (And there`s an agreement with Zaino that says you can`t buy from Zaino.com if you live outside the US.)
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    yup... like I said, it`ll be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time before I buy Zaino again

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tumbler
    yup... like I said, it`ll be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time before I buy Zaino again

Tumbler, Id be happy to purchase Zaino for you and ship it to you if that makes it any cheaper on your behalf rather than buying directly from them. Just keep it in mind if in the future you would like to replenish your supply, Id be more than happy to help a fellow detailer out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Would it not be easier to just call or e-mail Sal and ask him directly why the cost is so high per unit in Canada?

Could there possibly be a mistake in the calculation of your invoice?

Shipping and taxes seem to be on par with exchange rate but the unit price seems to be waaaaay off. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    It must have something to do with the importer--he is either jacking it up or there is some duty/tariff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    It must have something to do with the importer--he is either jacking it up or there is some duty/tariff.

If that`s the case Sal has no control over importer`s pricing which is controlled by their investments made to allow Zaino products to be imported.

Are there no "authorized Zaino distributors" in Canada near Toronto?

Post Thanks / Like
    You can get Zaino, including Z5pro, at the Barbers Chair in Yorkdale Mall or Square One. Both are $24.95.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blkZ28Conv
    If that`s the case Sal has no control over importer`s pricing...

I wasn`t trying to imply that he did--I was just curious where the extra money came in, after all the noise about the North American FREE Trade Act. Last time I shipped something to CAN it was a real hassle.

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys want to do some snooping around the Meguiar`s site and compare Meg`s US prices to those charged by Meg`s Canada.

I`ve got nothing against Meguiars but when things are twice as much and there`s only a 13 cent premium on the dollar something is drastically wrong.

With the exception of buying products from Eshine, I buy everything else from the states. You just have to be diligent on who the supplier uses for shipping. UPS is another bad deal.
    "If we weren`t all crazy..We`d all go insane" Jimmy Buffett

I hear the '55s are in Ben Kenobi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You`ve got that right Blake, a few people have commented in the past on how out of whack the prices are for Meg`s Canada. As for buying from the U.S. vendors I still get nailed with customs charges when shipped with USPS. This is for products manufactured in the U.S. so I don`t get it. Since we`re close to the border I just read the flyers and buy what I need when I`m visiting.
    Hoping the weather gets warmer again

Post Thanks / Like
    I was at a Carquest today; a Megs burgundy pad is $49.95, I literally laughed out loud.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information