Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    NAFTA is a bunch of hooie anyways. Never help anyone but the US.
    Carvista Inc. - Asper School of Business

Post Thanks / Like
    This is why i charge customers shop supplies. NXT with taxes is $34.14!

I see that eshine raised some of their prices.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    I wasn`t trying to imply that he did--I was just curious where the extra money came in, after all the noise about the North American FREE Trade Act. Last time I shipped something to CAN it was a real hassle.

Did not mean to imply that you did. My apologies if you took that way.

$10 import mark-up (~66%) is quite extreme especially when the product is only going to Canada. EU prices must be really high.

Z5PRO is worth it at the CDN price but very unfair that you must pay so much. :angry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaStevo
    NAFTA is a bunch of hooie anyways. Never help anyone but the US.

NAFTA did not help us (USA). My little town (pop. 49,000) alone lost 2,000 manufacturing (textile and furniture) jobs just this past year to Mexico.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blkZ28Conv
    Did not mean to imply that you did. My apologies if you took that way.

LOL--no offense taken--I just wanted to be clear my "problem" wasn`t with Sal, just curious how the heck the price got so high up north. I mean all those extra taxes and fees...you`d think it was a different country up there!

I hear the '55s are in Ben Kenobi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, thanks for that info Picus. I thought Carquest was pricy in NY state but they are nuts here. Steve you got that right, it sure hasn`t done anything for us at all. Salty, sorry but it`s not worth $10. Setec, do you hear me laughing? :bat
    Hoping the weather gets warmer again

Post Thanks / Like
    No prob; I didn`t know about the Barbers Chair until someone over at g35driver.com mentioned it. I was at the Yorkdale one this weekend and picked up some Z2pro and Z5pro, it`s a little hectic over there (it`s a huge mall), but the prices make it worth the trip.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by salty
    This is why i charge customers shop supplies. NXT with taxes is $34.14!

I see that eshine raised some of their prices.

Only on Meguiars! All other prices have been going down as the Canadian dollar gets stronger. Meguiars gave all their sellers two price increases in the last year. It`s funny, the Canadian dollar gets strong, prices go up??? :furious:
    Chris Pace,

eShine Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya the prices in Canada have nothing to do with NAFTA, it has to do with greedy Cdn distributers. Company`s like Meg`s Canada, Zaino Canada can set the price at anything they want.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Picus
    No prob; I didn`t know about the Barbers Chair until someone over at g35driver.com mentioned it. I was at the Yorkdale one this weekend and picked up some Z2pro and Z5pro, it`s a little hectic over there (it`s a huge mall), but the prices make it worth the trip.

I no longer buy from Barber`s Chair, as they had a bad batch of z2 pro once, and would not let me exchange or refund it. At least with mike@zaino.ca, he replaces it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by becks
    Ya the prices in Canada have nothing to do with NAFTA, it has to do with greedy Cdn distributers. Company`s like Meg`s Canada, Zaino Canada can set the price at anything they want.

You are correct. However for many it does have to do with the costs of importing commercial goods. You only have a few choices.

1. Let UPS or the shipping agent do the paperwork and charge brokerage.

2. Hire a broker firm.

3. Drive to the border personally and do your own paperwork.

Option 1&2 are expensive and many have no choice. To add to the cost commercial shipments across borders is expensive. Because our business is located 15 min from Buffalo, we import all our products on our own. If we were not able to do this our prices would be either be toooo high or we would close down due to insufficient profit. Running a Canadian business and having to be comparable to U.S. prices is tough. My guess is the costs of importing gets tacked on to the prices or like you said, greed. Some companies are getting much better. I just bought a MP3 player for my Cobra and it was actually cheaper for me to buy at Best Buy in Canada then in the USA! Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.
    Chris Pace,

eShine Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Ben i know NXT isn`t worth $10! Take that Mequires Canada !!!

Eshine i just recall your prices have gone up since the last time i ordered. I had to order over $150 to make it work.

Also may i get a refund for the gloppy OP?

Just joking i make it work

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Picus
    You can get Zaino, including Z5pro, at the Barbers Chair in Yorkdale Mall or Square One. Both are $24.95.

you just beat me to it Picus!!....

There is also a Barbers chair at Vaughan Mills mall........

It beats having to pay 11 bucks for shipping and its the exact same prices.

Post Thanks / Like
    There`s 4 barber`s chair shops in the GTa that i know of where you can get zaino stuff.

Square one in missisauga, Fairview Mall and Yorkdale in North York and Vaughn Mills in Vaughn.

Is the Z5pro really worith it compared to the regular Z5?

Post Thanks / Like
    Very big difference. Way more depth, way better filling ability.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information