Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m looking for a source of Aquapel, a RainX-like windshield treatment. I`ve run numerous searches on the `net and it seems it`s largely available as an applied treatment at autoglass shops like Ziebart.

Has anyone found retail locations, or do I have to order yet another product from the US?

Thanks for any advice....

Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    ebay is a good source for smaller quantities (1-4). Usually you can just "Buy it now" so it ships out quickly.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, if you just gotta have it, you can get it from Zep in Canada, but you`ll be paying much more than if you ordered from the US. Last time I checked they wanted about $400 for a case. I can`t remember if a case is 12 or 24. I think it`s 24. You may be able to buy them individually, but the last time I checked, the local store wanted to sell cases only.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pepboi retails Aquapel (but I`ve never seen it at my local store and the chimps look at me phunny when I ask about it :secret)

Tire Rack retails Aquapel.

I`ve made many purchases from a fellow on eBay. His screenname is something like "firesd07"...good guy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I get mine from Krown (the rust proofing centre). I pay 20 bucks each.
    She says it`s just a car, I say she`s just a girl, it`s not a hobby, it`s a way of living :ca

Post Thanks / Like
    I got mine from Ebay, works out cheaper

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s great, thanks everyone. I`m going to start with EBay.

Post Thanks / Like
    I offer Aquapel, but for pickup only. :sosad

Post Thanks / Like
    I carry Aquapel,

Lower Mainland, BC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pep Boys here has it for $9.99

To be honest after buying it from Ebay, Pep Boys and others I fail to see the draw in this product. To me its just like RainX with the wiper streaks to prove it. I also have not found it to last longer or work better?

Its application was where I thought I must have made an error so I experimented and found the results to be the same.

Maybe its me? or the angle of my windshield`s ( Honda Accord/BMW 3 Series) but it doesn`t justify the 900% markup over RainX for me. I use neither product anymore, cant stand the wiper streaking. A good cleaning with Plexus or even E1 glass cleaner is all I need.

Of course if it works for you then go for it......

Post Thanks / Like
    Difference with Aquapel......... Longevity

I applied it about 6 months ago in January, and it is JUST now starting to show signs of wearing off... Although water still beads up better than ever.

Being able to see clearly at 60mph when your windshield is being pummeled with rain, and not needing to even use the "high" setting on your wipers, is a huge HUGE advantage...

We`re talking the good stuff, right?

:ca

I have the cases of 24 applicators

Post Thanks / Like
    I get all that from Clean Glass?

In all Honesty, every month or so a squirt of Plexus and I have never had wipers on high ever, we had 4.6 Inches of rain in the past 2 days and my wipers were on Intermittent the entire time.

I think it has a lot to do with the angle/slope of the windshield. My Pathfinder used to need something but even that car I can honestly say the money spent on Aquapel was a waste. For $3 I could get 2 years out of a bottle of Rain X, and get the same features, yep even the streaks and skipping wipers.

I dont mean to thread Cr@p, I just cant figure out what this product does to justify the price over similar if not Identical products. Maybe im crazy, It has been suggested.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconGuy
    I get all that from Clean Glass?

In all Honesty, every month or so a squirt of Plexus and I have never had wipers on high ever, we had 4.6 Inches of rain in the past 2 days and my wipers were on Intermittent the entire time.

I think it has a lot to do with the angle/slope of the windshield. My Pathfinder used to need something but even that car I can honestly say the money spent on Aquapel was a waste. For $3 I could get 2 years out of a bottle of Rain X, and get the same features, yep even the streaks and skipping wipers.

I dont mean to thread Cr@p, I just cant figure out what this product does to justify the price over similar if not Identical products. Maybe im crazy, It has been suggested.......

Maybe if it was applied professionally it wouldn`t skip or streak? :cooleek:

Most people are turned off of these type of products by a bad experience...

Post Thanks / Like
    Aquapel didn`t work for me either. But it could`ve been "user error" (me) when applying it. I tried twice 6 months apart and no beading or anything. Applied it to a newly installed windshield, cleaned it thoroughly, applied the AQ and no luck. I`m currently looking for a good replacement product for Rain-x/ AQ.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tried the Pro Route. Watching him do his work convinced me I will never pay anyone to detail or work on my car again. Unless I am incapacitated and cannot speak.....

Wearing a Huge Nascar Belt Buckle, applied it just like I did, after all the instructions are pretty clear, less words than this post in fact. Still it is a product I just dont get.

Maybe I should see a $40 bottle of pro wheel cleaner? It doesn`t do the job any better but thats because its for use by Pros?

No offense but I have a lot of expertise, im an aviation technician, the directions are pretty straight forward, it wasn`t me, the product was all hype IMO.

Your mileage may vary, cars and slope of the window may vary but for me it was a bad use of my detailing funds.

I am curious though, how would a pro eliminate wiper smear or skip, even their own literature admits this will happen?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information