Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone tell me where the good detailing stores are in Toronto? I wanted to look at getting a Porter Cable and all the accessories maybe in the next few weeks but I don`t want to drive all over the place either.... I wanna keep the selection within a few stores if possible.

Any recommendations would be great appreciated too

TIA,

Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Canadian Tires has PC`s and a reasonable selection of OTC products, but it`s pricey and for pro products the selection is pretty terrible. For more pro choices you can hit Napa stores (CMAX), which you can find at Napa Canada`s site.

Honestly I`ve found the best bet is to shop online. There are several Canadian online sites (eshine.ca, carcaresmart.com, etc...) that have better selection and prices (for example, the eshine.ca price for the PC and pads is the best in Canada afaik). There are also several US online stores that will work with you re: shipping/duty like detailedimage.com, pakshak.com and so on.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Picus:

Thanks so much, I really appreciate the advice

I went virtual shopping the other day on eshine.ca and saw their prices to be pretty good (from comparison to other online stores). Seems like they carry a good but limited supply of things, which is probably a very good start for someone like me. Canadian tire has some things but, i agree, not everything you need as far as specialty products.

I kinda messed with my scratches this past weekend (used some Bondo plastic bumper repair) and made it a bit worse... so now I think I need to get a pc and try to undo my mistakes

Thanks again,

Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem, Dale. A PC really does pay for itself after a couple of uses, even if just in back pain relief. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much Picus... would a normal cutting pad or polishing pad take out any residue left over from this stupid Bondo plastic crap I put on? I got most of it off just using an old credit card and lots of scratchx, but there is some still left on there (traces of it).

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, I don`t know. I`ve never removed bondo via a PC. I would think a polishing pad will do it, but just be really careful not to use that pad on paint before cleaning it *really* well. You don`t want any bondo residue scratching the paint up.

Have you tried clay to remove if? If not you might want to pick some up locally (CT has it), and give that a shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m in Ottawa and there isn`t much available locally. I can`t even find a PC7424 anywhere. (Canadian tire web site says that all ottawa stores have them in stock, but I`ve gone to the stores and they are completely clueless. When I ask about Porter Cable they look at me like I`ve got two heads.)

Anyway, when I look at eshine, they have a PC7424 for sale, but they don`t have any in stock. Car Care Smart has the PC 7336SP. Can someone tell me what the difference between these two units is?

BTW, I also called Meguiar`s Canada to find out how much they want for the G-100 and they are asking 396$!! I just about fell out of my chair.

I`d order from the states, but with the exchange/duty, etc.. I`d rather just buy from someone in Canada.

Thanks for any help,

Steph

Post Thanks / Like
    The two model numbers are the same unit, the 7336 just has a larger counterweight for a bigger backing plate; either is fine. RE: eshine, email Chris and see what his ETA on them is, he will get back to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW!! eshine/Chris must`ve sold a lot of these or didn`t have many in stock cuz I purchased the combo kit w/pads about a week ago with a Meg`s mitt and foam gun. Best price I`ve found.

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently, eshine is getting more of the PC7424 in stock... Chris said they would be available soon (i`m figuring this week or next)... best deal I`ve seen yet... yes, I saw some cheaper on ebay for $150 Cdn. but the guy is charging $70 for shipping. With eshine, free shipping plus a great deal on the pads too.... perfect for a beginner like me :lock:

-Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr-bullet
    WOW!! eshine/Chris must`ve sold a lot of these or didn`t have many in stock cuz I purchased the combo kit w/pads about a week ago with a Meg`s mitt and foam gun. Best price I`ve found.

LOL! I have been ordering those 25 at a time! At first I was worried about having such high dollar items sitting on shelves but soon found that was not the case! It`s hard to judge sales on a new item, I hate being out of stock on ANYTHING! Thanks for the patience guys!
    Chris Pace,

eShine Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    I just placed an order from E Shine last night. Chris was great at getting back to me quickly. I was so happy to find a canadian store that had most of the things I`m looking for.

A big to EShine from me so far!

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris, find me some wheel brightener! :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Picus
    Chris, find me some wheel brightener! :p

I have 2 gallons coming. One for you, one for me!
    Chris Pace,

eShine Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Yay! You`re going to love it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information