Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    kanata costco has a bunch

i bought a pack too but personally i wouldn`t use them for buffing, they aren`t very "fluffy"

i use the MF towels from eshine.ca for drying & compound/polish/wax removal and the costco ones for glass and interior

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I have some eShine MFs for buffing, QD`ing, removing polish and cleaning glass. I`m looking for some cheaper MFs for grunge work. I`ll take a look in Kanata, thanks for the tip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I finally bit the bullet and tried the Vroom towels from Target. There are many different varieties there, different multipacks, etc.

I ended up doing the "fabric squish" test between my fingers, and decided on the 12 pack of premium detail towels. They were of good thickness, and were only $9.99 which was a great deal. I`m going to test them this weekend.

I`m sold on the Viking MF Drying Towel - super plush, thick, with the slick fabric-type edge on it. It`s AWESOME for polishing, and at 6 sq. ft. for $8.99, that was a deal. Those can be had at Kmart for the cheapest so far.
    Constantly striving to keep the cars clean...:buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    There seems to be a MUCH larger selection of OTC microfiber products in the States. Up here in Canada, it`s tough enough to find them OTC, let alone get a good quality MF. Online is the only way to get good MFs.

:aww:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiDan
    I`m sold on the Viking MF Drying Towel - super plush, thick, with the slick fabric-type edge on it. It`s AWESOME for polishing, and at 6 sq. ft. for $8.99, that was a deal. Those can be had at Kmart for the cheapest so far.

as i`ve said many x`s before! glad you like them, they`re without a doubt very high quality and just as good as any other mf out there...

Post Thanks / Like
    I found some nice ones a Home Hardware and CO-OP, under the Gillette name. They are not a normal stocked item at some stores. They can look in their computer catalog under microfibre. They go for between $5.95 and $9.95 for 3 and are fairly plush.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to any Swish maintenance branch. I am a sales rep in the Winnipeg Branch. We sell very hi quality microfibre cloths for about $5 each & they are guarenteed for 500 rewashes. www.swishclean.com for branch info

Post Thanks / Like
    $5.00!?!? :soscared:
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    a.k.a Patrick,

You have to understand that up here in Canada, we pay more just because... our dollar gains value and ... we pay more for products anyway. I`m not knocking Poordude at all, I`m just saying that detailing products up here may as well be made with pure gold.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poordude
    Go to any Swish maintenance branch. I am a sales rep in the Winnipeg Branch. We sell very hi quality microfibre cloths for about $5 each & they are guarenteed for 500 rewashes. www.swishclean.com for branch info

I found your store here in Ottawa. I`m going to check it out. Thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can. Tire has some on sale until Aug. 4. Not sure how paint friendly but cheap enough. 5 for $3.99

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a.k.a. Patrick
    $5.00!?!? :soscared:

I paid $10 each for some super plush edgeless buffing towels :S
    Pinnacle Detailing - 1991 Nissan Skyline GTS-T TypeM

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by salty
    Can. Tire has some on sale until Aug. 4. Not sure how paint friendly but cheap enough. 5 for $3.99
    their all right...i work there so i checked this out a while ago, half the pack is blue and the other half is white. the towels pass the CD test but they don`t feel like they are great quality

Post Thanks / Like
    so is there a final verdict on the Target Vroom MF towels? i need more general use towels and am curious if the Vroom brand is safe for polish/product removal.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually order from CarCareSmart.com or Eshine.ca if I need anything, but for some specialty stuff that neither carry, I end up going to Autogeek.

I recently made an order to Autogeek and it never showed (After waiting for 17 days). Something has happened to it on during shipping. Im honestly really NOT impressed on Autogeek`s behalf in filing a claim to find this package. Since only the sender can do it according to USPS, I called them and emailed them asking if they could put in a claim, and they said they would, but according to USPS, they still haven`t. Shipping obviously isn`t their fault, but Im really not impressed with how they`ve handled it thus far :/
    Pinnacle Detailing - 1991 Nissan Skyline GTS-T TypeM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information