Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike,

There is a guy named Jamie (jay_89@hotmail.com) that does car detailing in Montreal. I was going to use him but I have some scheduling conflicts this summer...and he uses only the best products (from what he tells me). I hope to get my car done by him in the coming months.

Besides Canadian Tire, I don`t think us canadians have any choice like the US has (autozone, automart, auto_everything)...but I do have a way of saving money if your willing to do some travelling.

Just past the Lacolle border there is a US transport company called FreePort. I usually order stuff online and have it shipped to this US address, I then drive to the border into the US (Champlain) and pick it up. They charge you a flat rate of $2..yup, this is not a misprint, $2 that`s it..no matter how many days you`ve kept it there. They are located just seconds after passing the border (1st exit), and I usually bulk my orders from many places so that I make 1 trip only.

The saving are unbelievable.

1. If your shipping from state to state, you don`t pay taxes. Example, you order from Pakshak located in Hawaii and have the items shipped to Champlain, NY, and you don`t pay taxes.

2. The shipping is always very cheap. What costs $15 to ship to Canada, usually costs $7 within US.

3. You always get the items you want without inflating prices we pay here.

I`ve been using Freeport for over 15 years and I always use them when the Canadian prices are too high, or when they don`t ship to Canada.

It takes me 1.5 hours to go from Montreal to the Border and back. Very quick.

The number of the place is 518-298-8582.

If anyone has found good detailing products in Montreal, please share!

Thanks, I hope this helps someone.
    Montreal, Quebec

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey thanks for the reference, im going to email him. Yeah a couple buddies used to use freeport forwarding, now they set up a mail address at mailboxes ETC in plattsburgh. Yeah for products and such, its very pricey here compared to the states. I think they just in general like to rip Canadians off at almost anything and everything, cars, electronics and the kicker is half of the stuff is made here!! Thanks again

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys in the West Island, PM me !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mike2000z28
    Hey thanks for the reference, im going to email him. Yeah a couple buddies used to use freeport forwarding, now they set up a mail address at mailboxes ETC in plattsburgh. Yeah for products and such, its very pricey here compared to the states. I think they just in general like to rip Canadians off at almost anything and everything, cars, electronics and the kicker is half of the stuff is made here!! Thanks again

Mike

I just purchased several :waxing: products from Eshine.ca and the price + delivery was excellent. They carry most high end brands and ship in 2-3 days to your door thru Canpar. Plus if you combine purchases above 150$ the shipping is free.

You can also find all the professional 3m products and most of pro meguiars line-up at C-max (NAPA specialty store for body shop supplies). I also found some great deals on Micro-Fiber towels (3m brand) at Zellers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information