Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah an extra day or two is worth it if it means not getting screwed on delivery. This happens quite a bit.

The good news is that because of NAFTA, no duty can be charged on any products manufactured in the US or Mexico. So if you`re careful what you order, you won`t have to pay any duty.

Also I recommend ordering from companies like Autopia-carcare.com who put the replacement value of the products on their shipping invoice instead of the retail value (hint hint), which is really creative and awesome. Kudos to Autopia!
    Jed Bouscal

Mobile Reflections, Calgary

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Reflections
    The good news is that because of NAFTA, no duty can be charged on any products manufactured in the US or Mexico. So if you`re careful what you order, you won`t have to pay any duty.
    Just to clarify, if you were to order $100.00 US in waxes that were made in the US, you would not pay duties. However, you would still be charged taxes (federal and in some cases provincial as well), so you would still be charged something, just not duties. If the total is under $50 CDN there is often no extra charge made.

Also, IIRC, there are some other countries Canada has trade agreements with, and I *think* MF`s made in Korea are also exempt from duties.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, when you want your order shipped to Canada just pick, "UPS Standard to Canada" and it will just be sent out USPS so you all will have less headaches and a bigger wallet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you all lost your mind???

Why would you order from an american store when you can get a huge variety of detailing supplies from Eshine, Carcaresmart or 2020Kustoms??? All located here in Canada!

I just don`t get it???? I think all you guys interested in buying from this vendor are goofs!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUPAULS

Why would you order from an american store when you can get a huge variety of detailing supplies from Eshine, Carcaresmart or 2020Kustoms??? All located here in Canada!

I just don`t get it???? I think all you guys interested in buying from this vendor are goofs!!!
    Thanks for supporting a site sponsor. And thanks for calling autopian`s "goofs" :goodjob

Post Thanks / Like

A small point you didn`t check before your post:

Eshine, Carcaresmart and 2020Kustoms doesn`t sell ClearKote products.

Danase does, and his prices are great, and he`s trying to help with cheaper shipping. He`s making a positive effort to help.

-John C.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am impressed with Danase`s efforts to accomodate us `product deprived` Canadians!!

yes its nice to shop locally but obviously sometimes the products arent here....also, where everyone shops is their own business...

go leafs...

Post Thanks / Like
    I shop from eShine and CCS all the time - but Danase is a great vendor and has some products they don`t have. Options are good.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    JohnZ3MC, Make sure you look at the entire site before posting. Eshine DOES sell Clearkote products. As for the other sites, i`m not sure.

And to DANASE, I am not calling ALL Autopians Goofs! I did not type that!!!!

It`s not that I don`t wish to support a site sponsor. Not at all. I have been a proud sponsor of other sites here in Toronto in the past and understand the importance of support more then anyone.

I just don`t see the point in Canadians shopping in the states for products we can get here in Canada and brokerage free! I`m sorry, but any products you ship to Canada will be slapped with a hefty brokerage charge regardless of who you ship with. I`m sorry again, but this is just an reality check.....

Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks fellas.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sorry, but any products you ship to Canada will be slapped with a hefty brokerage charge regardless of who you ship with. I`m sorry again, but this is just an reality check.....

Paul

Obviously you never get stuff shipped from the US. The MAX Canada Post (USPS) will charge for brokerage is $5.

I try to buy my stuff from Canadian vendors, but they don`t carry everything I need so I buy from the US. It`s great that Danase is trying to save us some money as most vendors could care less.

Post Thanks / Like
    JohnZ3MC, Make sure you look at the entire site before posting. Eshine DOES sell Clearkote products. As for the other sites, i`m not sure.

And to DANASE, I am not calling ALL Autopians Goofs! I did not type that!!!!

It`s not that I don`t wish to support a site sponsor. Not at all. I have been a proud sponsor of other sites here in Toronto in the past and understand the importance of support more then anyone.

I just don`t see the point in Canadians shopping in the states for products we can get here in Canada and brokerage free! I`m sorry, but any products you ship to Canada will be slapped with a hefty brokerage charge regardless of who you ship with. I`m sorry again, but this is just an reality check.....

Paul

I notices eshine.ca only carry 4 clearkote products.. it`s always nice to buy locally but danase have chemical guys and other products too. brokerage sometimes it`s a pain.. but what can you do if you can`t get the stuff you want in Canada?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not detailing related, but I recently ordered from tirerack because no local/canadian stores could come close to matching their price.

Even after the exchange and raping by UPS (tire rack ONLY ships via UPS) it was still almost $500 cheaper.

i`ve ordered from eshine and CCS before and the service was GREAT. very fast shipping.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bob,

A while ago I placed an order with you for 4 items and specified I`d prefer USPS as a shipping method to Canada and you arranged it.

The order arrived today perfectly, no broker fees and the items were prefectly packaged and shipped.

You warned me that it might take a while and it did but I`m most thrilled with not having to get a 2nd mortgage just to pay a broker fee.

That was one smooth order and knowing that, I`m going to be ordering more from you.

Thanks again for both the great selection of detailing products and the extra effort you do for us guys north of the 49th.

-John C.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ3MC
    Bob,

A while ago I placed an order with you for 4 items and specified I`d prefer USPS as a shipping method to Canada and you arranged it.

The order arrived today perfectly, no broker fees and the items were prefectly packaged and shipped.

You warned me that it might take a while and it did but I`m most thrilled with not having to get a 2nd mortgage just to pay a broker fee.

That was one smooth order and knowing that, I`m going to be ordering more from you.

Thanks again for both the great selection of detailing products and the extra effort you do for us guys north of the 49th.

-John C.

Nice to know.. bump for good seller!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information