Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know where I can buy the Rain-X Wiper blade in the UK?

These: http://www.rainx.com/frame_auto_blades.htm

Or someone is the states that will ship it to me?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry I can`t help you with where to get it but that wiper blade is nothing special, I threw it out

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had PIAA super silicone blades on all of my cars.

Lasted for ages and they work really well, in light rain I hardly have my wipers on.

I got them from coordsport in dudley but they mostly sell mitsubishi stuff.

Suggest you order them from www.camskill.co.uk as they are a fantastic bunch of guys, really competitive on tyre prices too

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the piaa silicone wiper blades also, but would not recommed them. The blades do a fairly good job with the rain, but if you wash your car fairly frequently just spray some rain-x on instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bosch makes some of the best wiper blades IMO and they are made in Germany. I would suspect they are easy to find in the UK.

Post Thanks / Like
    i was driving a lot in florida highways to work every day, and we had reeeaaally bad rain storms every afternoon, or night for a while, and i started trying different products to make the drive less scarey. Well after trying expensive wiper blades that make you coffee after you arrive at your destination, I decided that the best results were obtained after polishing the windshield and applying rain-x and using factory style wiper blades. When the windshield is smooth and polished its much easier to see through, especially at night. And you don`t hear the blades moving period. If you were at a light and closed your eyes you honestly wouldnt hear anything from them. For me that was the biggest key,, polishing the windshield every two weeks. It only takes a minute and the results are well worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by gto78

i was driving a lot in florida highways to work every day, and we had reeeaaally bad rain storms every afternoon, or night for a while, and i started trying different products to make the drive less scarey. Well after trying expensive wiper blades that make you coffee after you arrive at your destination, I decided that the best results were obtained after polishing the windshield and applying rain-x and using factory style wiper blades. When the windshield is smooth and polished its much easier to see through, especially at night. And you don`t hear the blades moving period. If you were at a light and closed your eyes you honestly wouldnt hear anything from them. For me that was the biggest key,, polishing the windshield every two weeks. It only takes a minute and the results are well worth it.

I agree, this is the best solution. The advantage to better wiper blades are they contain rubber which has more additives which keep the rubber pliable longer, so they last longer. If you spend 3 times as much for blades that last twice as long, you`re spinning your wheels. I like Bosch blades, if I can get a good deal on them, but if not I get a mid-range blade.

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you use to polish your windshiled?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Autoglym`s Glass Polish, and have been very happy with the results.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ag-4325.html

Post Thanks / Like
    PIAA wiper blades have worked better and outlasted annco, Bosch ect. By far and away the best I have tried. They dont make them to fit my Cad. so I use rainX & am happy w/that when I remember to apply it. Annco blades seem to last as long as the much more $ Bosch. I need to change them at least one a yr. no matter what kind I use, except for the PIAA.

Post Thanks / Like
    the glass polish i use works awesome, it`s called Detailer`s Pride I believe. It was the lower cost line of products in the local auto wax supplier. Was still expensive though, but well worth it, and I might buy it again since I know it works. It has some strong abrasives but they break down very quickly, and when your done you just wipe it all down with some water and towel to get the gritty residue from the borders away. Just dont get it on the paint, although it doesnt harm the glass, it scratches the hell out of the paint.

Thread Information