Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    And if so, are you happy with it?

I am thinking about putting one in my 325is, most likely an autosolutions one, but I am still undecided.

I will probably go with a 35% reduction in throw.

Thanks
    2002 BMW M3

2000 BMW 328i

2000 BMW 323ci

1994 BMW 325is

Post Thanks / Like
    my cousin has the b&m ripper shifter in his tbird supercoupe. all i can comment on it is that it goes in gear fast, but its so short, you can miss a gear if your not paying attention(ex 2nd to fifth instead of third)
    18 Honda Civic SI White Pearl 6mt(:lever

02 Honda Aquatrax f12x watercraft

01 Yamaha Superjet Modded

Post Thanks / Like
    I had one for about a week. Granted they may be different on Hondas than they are on other cars because I had one on my Mustang and it was way different. The short shifter on my Integra rattled off the heat shield right beneath it and it bugged the snot out of me. The GSR has a short enough throw anyway so I went back to stock. The B&M I had in the Stang ruled though. I loved that thing. Waaaaaaaay better than stock. You could dislocate your shoulder going into 5th with the stock one.

Post Thanks / Like
    i`ve got the Skunk2 and I love it. It`s the same height as the stock but shorer throws. i also HAD the neuspeed but that thinkg broke on my hand as I was shifting. It`s really low too which I dont like that.
    If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine. - <b>Ernesto Che Guevara</b>

Post Thanks / Like
    I have installed and used many short throw shift kits. I usually like more than stock but on a bmw uuc makes the best ones by far. I have driven about 10 bmws with uuc short shift kits and they are the best feeling(not the shortest throw though)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jademonkey,

I have a Steeda shifter in my Cobra and I love it. Not just because of the short shifts, but I never grind 3rd gear anymore.

Also it`s solid as a rock. The stock shifter was sloppy.

I`m not sure what is offered for BMWs, I`m sure they make a pretty nice ones for BMWs. Installation is simple too. Nice cars by the way.

TJ

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the rear heatshield removed in my Teggy, it rattled more than an epilleptic watching Toonami. As for the shift throw, Integras are extremely tight, I love it I learned how to use a 5 speed on this car, I was told it was one of the more difficult clutches to master.

stick > auto :up :up

`03 Lexus IS300 - MSM

`01 Honda S2000 - Silverstone Metallic (Sold!) :aww:

`97 Acura Integra GS-R - New Forumla Red (Sold!) :aww:

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a factory short shift off of an M roadster, it`s real short. Just a flick of the wrist, I would def. recommend UUC though.

Post Thanks / Like
    actually i heard the best short shifter was the pro 5.0 at www.pro50.com from many fbody boards and such. Looks like a good short throw, but it seems to only be directed at the fbody, vette, and stang crowd.
    18 Honda Civic SI White Pearl 6mt(:lever

02 Honda Aquatrax f12x watercraft

01 Yamaha Superjet Modded

Post Thanks / Like
    My 74 Z/28 had a Hurst shifter (they have shorter throws than stock) and it was incredible! Like a warm knife through butter!

If your stock shift pattern seems long, then a short shifter is definitely worth it.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Jademonkey,

First of all you need to get on Bimmerforums.com. It`s to BMWs what Autopia is to detailing. Definitely the best BMW forum out there.

Second, UUC makes good SSK`s. I`m running a UUC SSK right now and I`m very happy with it. I know Rogue Engineering also makes one (they call it the Rogue Octane SSK) and it`s supposed to have an even shorter throw than the UUC. The UUC is just right for me...

DEFINITELY get on Bimmerforums.com. The last BMW website you`ll ever need.

<--- Bimmerforums member since 6/1/02, 3,000 posts so far.
    Ben

2000 Estoril Blue M Coupe

2002 Le Mans Blue M5

1988 Alpine White 325iX

1985 Chrysler Green 325e

Post Thanks / Like
    i used to have the stock short shifter which is the hurst saleen, now i have the steeda shifter which is much better then the hurst saleen, no third miss and i like the handle hight adjster so look around when shopping because there are diffrence between shifters and what they offer other then short throw.

goodluck

Post Thanks / Like
    I installed one on my 83 911SC. It was real nice! BUT..... I heard you can shift faster than the tranny can. In other words sometimes the syncros do not line up fast enough and you could either lock two gears together or grind when shifting real quick. It never happend to me but I heard it can.
    2018 Ram Big Horn CTD
    2009 Lexus IS250
    1999 ChampioN 181 Bassboat
    1968 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4spd

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t mean to revive such an old thread, but I just had the Revo SS installed in my Civic last weekend. All in all, I`m pretty happy with the way it feels...very solid with a 40% reduction in throw. It`s extremely low as well, which is very nice from an aesthetic point of view, but it makes shifting a tad harder. Also, jonw is right....the throw may be much shorter...but it`s done "artificially" and will in no way allow one to shift faster.

I also had polyurethane "sport bushings" installed underneath the SS which now gives the shifter a real solid feel. They replace the original bushings which were mainly rubber. Now, there is no more give when in gear and absolutely no rubbery feel when shifting.

Post Thanks / Like
    ucc and rogue engineering are the top 2 ssk for bmws

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information