Post Thanks / Like
    In case anyone was interested, over the last year I`ve made a couple small changes to my Aurora.

The first was upgrading the wheels to factory chrome ones. They are also now wrapped in Goodyear Eagle ResponseEdge tires. Sorry about the lack of properly dressed tires in the picture, but they were coming off in the next day or so:

I also upgraded to the factory Nav radio:

I didn`t get it when it was new because they seemed so gimmicky. But they seem kind of neat to me now, and it was a lot cheaper than the factory option was.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great!!! I dont know why but I catch myself looking at these Olds and Buicks alot lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice lookin car :xyxthumbs

What year is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    The chrom wheels look good (and I`m not a fan of them on *every* car).

Did you have to mount an external antenna/receiver for the Nav?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the compliments! Bigpoppa, it`s a 2002. Accum, I did have to mount a GPS antenna, but I used the factory one. I had to take a lot of the dash apart to run it, it mounts under the center vent in the dash. But using the factory one means it clipped right in, and had wire retainers to keep it from rattling around and such.

Edit: I`m not usually a big chrome fan either. I think they look fine on the car though, and there are other shiny bits to tie it in. But I liked the silver wheels as well. I think I like the chrome a little more though, but they seem to make the wheel look smaller in diameter for some reason.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s a picture of the dash apart to mount the antenna:

Post Thanks / Like
    Aurora40- Wooh-hoo, what a project that must`ve been Glad it all went back together OK!

Yeah, it`s funny how some wheels just look right and how chrome can make the size seem different. To *me*, just looking at the pic, the chrome makes `em look kinda *big* (in a good way relative to the tires) :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great, seemed like a real task with the dash apart!

I have to say, as an outsider to the USA when im there i notice the OLDS alot, that one came as coupe too?? They should not have dropped that brand.

Geoff

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to see you`re still around! Car is lookin` awsome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Olds really did a good job with the 2nd gen Auroras, too bad GM killed off the whole division. I still have fond memories of my `77 Cutlass Supreme Brougham with the crushed velour interior...and a 455 I snagged out of a Delta 88!

Still running your car down the drag strip?
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the 4.0 from the side? I can only imagine how nice the aurora would have been if GM hadn`t canned Olds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Still running your car down the drag strip?
    Heheh. Not so much lately. I would like to take it to the strip one more time, but haven`t done it. I gutted out the airbox a bit, and it felt like maybe it made a small improvement, but there`s only one way to know for sure.

I have taken the `vette down the 1/4 a few times though, which is a lot more fun. Though the Olds is still fun to drive and sounds great.

I agree on dropping Olds, but I guess that`s how it goes. It`s funny the cars that GM has come out with since that seem similar in philosophy to the Aurora. The Lucerne and Aura seem to try to carry the torch, though one isn`t that stylish and the other isn`t that powerful. It would have been neat to see another gen of Aurora with more tech, more power, etc. I still think the first generation`s style stands out. Except for the wheels, the car still looks fresh today.

Edit: Grease, you are right it is a 4.0L.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your car reminds me of my mom old Aurira it to had the N* in it and that thing moved out of its way very easy. Very nice car you have there I miss my moms now.
    BGB Mobile Detailing Service -ASE & I-Car certified Refinishing Technician as of 8/12/08

78 Monte -01 Monte LSX -04 KB Cobra(SOLD) -10 2SS Camaro

Thread Information