Post Thanks / Like
    They arrived yesterday. These look so cool, should be putting them in next week. Also will be changing out the old bulbs with SilverStars Amber`s and replacing one amber with a white, to give it a cross lighting effect.

Post Thanks / Like
    These look good with the Diamond Clear Corners.

http://www.stealthauto.com/Store/default.aspx

Post Thanks / Like
    Diamond Clear? What are they and why would they be worth the change?
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    :showpics

Please share with us the before and after once you get em installed, interested in seeing the impact. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some pics, but not of my truck, the pics are kinda hard to tell sometimes, but very drastic change in person.

http://autopia.org/gallery/showgalle...=14209&cat=500

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, just put them on. They look awesome, diffinitely an improvement from stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John Styrnol
    Well, just put them on. They look awesome, diffinitely an improvement from stock.

Do please share photos.
    2002 Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    I put a link above to my gallery, but not my pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    im a fan, did the same to my grand am with an ebay special, now no longer produced making it ultra rare , the comments always pour in on these.

fyi though, a friend of mine on the east coast currently has a court date set for a ticket she received for clear corner headlights, ill let you know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alot of the newer vehicles have them, only difference is that the side marker reflector is amber, where the after markets one`s are clear. Just buy a amber reflector and put it anywhere on the front side of the vehicle and your good to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats hard to do on our grandams, putting on a reflector would look horrible. We buy these headlights to get rid of them, kinda defeats the purpose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quick question since you own an Ex, one of my trucks is an Mountaineer. That little reflector thingy that looks like a bullet in front of the bulb, somehow slid out??? Ever had that happen? Light works fine, but I`m being told I need to replace the whole assembly regardless that the light works fine, don`t care about the money but it`s the fact that I can`t see spending $300+ just b/c of a little plastic part that looks like it can snap back in.

How`d you get the lights out btw, I took the grill off, side lights etc, and the headlights on my truck have a bolt in the front and a couple in the rear that I can`t reach? Stupid Ford assemblies :think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupe
    Thats hard to do on our grandams, putting on a reflector would look horrible. We buy these headlights to get rid of them, kinda defeats the purpose.

Reflectors are pretty small and can be stuck onto just about anything (paint, bumper). They cost about $4. Amber reflectors are a must, that`s why they are on all newer/older vehicles, they are part of the corner`s. If you get caught without them you can get a fix it ticket. I bought mine because they look better than stock, not because the amber reflector was not there, they are also cheaper in price compared to OEM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    Quick question since you own an Ex, one of my trucks is an Mountaineer. That little reflector thingy that looks like a bullet in front of the bulb, somehow slid out??? Ever had that happen? Light works fine, but I`m being told I need to replace the whole assembly regardless that the light works fine, don`t care about the money but it`s the fact that I can`t see spending $300+ just b/c of a little plastic part that looks like it can snap back in.

How`d you get the lights out btw, I took the grill off, side lights etc, and the headlights on my truck have a bolt in the front and a couple in the rear that I can`t reach? Stupid Ford assemblies :think:

No you do not have to replace the headlight assembly, as long as the light works it`s ok, not all vehicles have these and they pass inspection. It will look funny just lying there though. You can open up the assembly and put it back together though, but it`s a PITA. The headlight assembly can most likely be had for about $50 on e-bay. Mine use`s a screw or two to hold it in place. If you paid $300 to replace them you got screwed. Did these come with the vehicle? If so, get the aftermarket one`s on e-bay for about $140 for both headlights and corner`s.

To get the lights and corners out. Remove the piece of rubber above the assembly. There are a bunch of screws to be removed and make sure the clips are in place or buy some new one`s (there pretty cheap). Just be careful when you put the new one`s in. The grille does not have to come off. All bolts are pretty easy to get too. Make sure you get your headlights adjusted after install. Just be patient when removing and installing, it`s pretty straight forward.

I did take some pics, but it will be awhile until I post them.

Thread Information