Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: SilverStars

Post Thanks / Like
    My owner`s manual gave me some number I`d never seen before, so I looked it up by going to Advanceautoparts.com and clicking on shop online. Then I proceeded to pick my make/model/engine, and found my headlight. It told me that it was a 9003ST. There`s a number I can understand.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Define cheap.

I had them up for $160(shipped) for a kit that cost me $400 new. I`m now looking to get rid of them so i`m taking best offers. I guess around $120ish would hit the spot. The only way you can get a kit that cheap is if its "hot".

If you don`t have your owner`s manual for your headlight bulb size you can just go here...

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...de/default.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks John and Paul! I take a 9003ST for the Sylvania Headlamp: Capsule; Silverstar
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard somewhere that the Silverstars were just tinted Sylvannia Xtravisions. Can anyone confirm? Because if so, the Xtravisions seems like a better deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Had them on my Jetta, these bulbs are worth the upgrade. As stated better beam pattern and color is white but won`t hurt vision in the rain like many aftermarket bulbs :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I`m so late adding to this conversation, but Silverstars are by absolute fav. I put them in everything I own, and I have yet to be disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you guys having any reliability problems with the Sylvania Silverstars? I only got about a 9 months out of my first set. The Xtravisions in my other vehicle have outlasted them by a considerable amount. (but not quite as bright)
    D.C.T.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never had a SilverStar burn out and my Osram SilverStars are about a year old now.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I did the same with my Accord, huge improvement. Pretty easy to do too.

If you have H3 or H7, though the Osram Silverstars are better, they even have a sharp cutoff line when the light hits a wall, just like HIDs. Not as bright but the beam is nearly as wide and long.

Tell me tell me.

Post Thanks / Like
    How long do these last for? I have the original lamps on my 10 year old Civic and they work fine although I`d like to see these in action on my car.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never had a SilverStar burn out and my Osram SilverStars are about a year old now.

I use my lights everyday for about a 1/2 hour to an hour a day for 5 to 6 days a week, depending on the time of year... maybe that has something to do with it? :think:
    D.C.T.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilchy
    How long do these last for? I have the original lamps on my 10 year old Civic and they work fine although I`d like to see these in action on my car.
    Quote Originally Posted by White_F150
    Are you guys having any reliability problems with the Sylvania Silverstars? I only got about a 9 months out of my first set. The Xtravisions in my other vehicle have outlasted them by a considerable amount. (but not quite as bright)
    I`ve had them in my Expedition for a little over a year now with no problems whatsoever. Now, for some reason, I went through two sets of foglamps in my Explorer, but I think I had a moisture issue with that one because when I replaced the actual foglamp housings, I never had the problem again. I don`t have a package in front of me, but I`m sure there`s some kind of warranty if they fail prematurely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JDookie
    I don`t have a package in front of me, but I`m sure there`s some kind of warranty if they fail prematurely.

Well, I guess I got close to the life expectancy. Here is a FAQ from their website:

2. What is the life expectancy of SilverStar?

The life expectancy of a SilverStar halogen light source is dependent on the driver’s use of the lights, which vary by season, time of day and number of miles driven. We estimate the SilverStar halogen lights to have a life span of up to one year under average driving conditions.

They recommend that you replace the lights every fall? :think:
    D.C.T.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White_F150
    Well, I guess I got close to the life expectancy. Here is a FAQ from their website:

2. What is the life expectancy of SilverStar?

The life expectancy of a SilverStar halogen light source is dependent on the driver’s use of the lights, which vary by season, time of day and number of miles driven. We estimate the SilverStar halogen lights to have a life span of up to one year under average driving conditions.

They recommend that you replace the lights every fall? :think:

Not to happy about that, basically $50 a year. Will see how long mine last.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s just like any light bulb. Sometimes they last a long time and sometimes they don`t. Luck of the draw I guess. All I know is that I`ve had mine a year and they are still working like new. Keep in mind too, it`s not like all your bulbs will go out all at once the same time every year. You may have one fail after a year, and another after 2 years. Who knows.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information