Post Thanks / Like
    I have the urge to do my TT`s taillights. Only problem: I have a Lake Silver car. Black is not the answer, and I`m consdiering a silver paint from the local auto body supply house. You can have custom rattlers made, it seems. I`d like a haze effect, not a silver-over-red redux.

Are Night Shade colors effective? Do they go on light enough? Who is a distributor? Any recent use (I have searched, and got an 04 post).

TIA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EMDII
    I have the urge to do my TT`s taillights. Only problem: I have a Lake Silver car. Black is not the answer, and I`m consdiering a silver paint from the local auto body supply house. You can have custom rattlers made, it seems. I`d like a haze effect, not a silver-over-red redux.

Are Night Shade colors effective? Do they go on light enough? Who is a distributor? Any recent use (I have searched, and got an 04 post).

TIA!

You might want to contact smoked lamps (www.smokedlamps.com). I had the amber side marker lamps on my black SL55 done by them and they turned out great. I have seen a CLS55 in silver that had the side markers done in silver. They are a little slow in getting back to you but contact them by phone. Once I placed my order I had the lamps in 4 days.
    Lou K

Post Thanks / Like
    i know alot of ppl that use black night shades for TA`s over on ls1tech.com , but havent seen any silver ones before

they turn out real nice

Post Thanks / Like
    On another painter`s forum I heard painters saying they often tint and clear people`s taillights for $50-100 bucks if the people take the lights off and bring them in. May want to talk to some painters in your area. I am sure that a pro job would look better and be more durable - and it`s a win-win if you find a good price from a good painter.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would definitely reccomend taking them to a painter - Nite Shades and other rattle cans have a tendency to look great at first but fall apart rapidly unless prepped, laid and cleared perfectly.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    you should definitely take them to a professional and make sure you dont get them done too dark because you can get a ticket if they are.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with them. It is best if you let the auto body parts shop deal with your car. The results would be surprising and at they would know which materials to use or what color is best suited for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    You need to mix silver and clear... you can`t just spray paint your lights silver... Take it to a pro otherwise you will regret it...
    2009 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee

2006 Chrysler 300C

Post Thanks / Like
    You probably saw my post from 04, night shades is made by vht and it`s alright your much better off having a pro do it especially if you want a transparent silver

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a silver car with Niteshaded tails and they look fantastic....so do my buddy`s on his silver G35.

Thread Information