Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it really that cheap to boost up a Subaru? Freak I just want a hatchback for College and hauling the supplies around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeh, it is. Most of the parts are lightly used (a lot of STi/WRX owners have rather deep pockets and switch mods up often, hence, selling used products on forums), but I haven`t really heard of many problems, or any for that matter, as long as you do your research.

I love Honda/Acura, but it costs far too much money to make them fast. Plus, you can`t really go wrong with AWD in the North East .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GSRstilez

I love Honda/Acura, but it costs far too much money to make them fast.

Same here. I just loved my Accord but it takes an engine swap, turbo or nitrous just to run a 15 flat.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Sean, what percent tint is on that BMW??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 01bluecls
    BMW`s are nice just dont still have it when you run out of warranty and the maint program because they are twice as much to maintain and fix then most vehichles.

This is a misleading statement. While the cost of labor and parts is more expensive on a BMW vs. most GM and Ford cars it is not twice as much. Additionally the maintenance intervals are longer on these cars than most domestic cars (i.e. 15k on an oil change). The cost of parts are similar to any Honda, Toyota or other Japanese car and the labor is also comparable.

Much of the perceived extra expense in the ownership of a BMW is taking the cars to the "stealership" for maintenance, where they want to charge obnoxious rates on labor and parts for the mere reason it is a BMW. Many independent shops will perform the same actions for 50% of the cost of the dealership.

People will state something like it cost $150 to change the oil. This a true statement if you take it to most BMW dealerships. However, most fail to state the oil is only changed approximately every 15k miles and a independent shop will likely do it for around $80 or you can DIY for around $50. When you factor in the interval of the changes it is actually cheaper than many cars other cars on the market.

Anyone that is wiling to spend the time that some do on this site for cosmetic appearance purposes could easily perform most basic maintenance for a fraction of the cost charged by a dealership. An oil change in a 3 series BMW is one of the easiest, cleanest and simplest oil changes of any modern car and requires very little skills or tools and is only performed every 15k miles. The dealership wants $150 for an oil change but it can be completed in 30 minutes for the cost of about $50 dollars (filter and 8 quarts of 100% synthetic oil). The simplicity of this procedure can not stressed enough (the filter R&R, in particular is just so easy I don’t know why all cars aren’t designed this way).

Post Thanks / Like
    35% I believe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GSRstilez
    Furthermore, I kind of exnayed the Bimmer. I can`t spend $40k+ for a car that will only give me a mid-14 quarter mile. Plus, I think I`m sticking in the area for a bit and AWD looks good. So, this whole month, the Subaru Legacy GT has pwN3d me. The one just like Anthony (Jngrbrdman), probably in silver though.

Of course it`s partially a luxury car, and you have to pay a bit for the included maintenance. My sister just got an E90 and they`re great for her purposes. I would get an STi or Evo, but perhaps you don`t like the image they carry.

- J

Post Thanks / Like
    J: I do like them, but after this car, I prefer a more sleeper like stance. Plus, the reviews on the LGT have been great.

Post Thanks / Like
    GL with the Suburu! Evos do tend to attract attention unless you keep the mods low and take off the wing.

- J

Post Thanks / Like
    pick up this months issue of http://www.subiesport.com for a comparison to LGT wagon, S4 wagon, and Rallitech Legacy package (290 whp with stock turbo and internals)

good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    heyy that looks awesome (especially in red), it reminds me of the Toyota Tundra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanchou
    that baja is beautiful, i love the front end trim you got on it.

Thanks-

I have since added a pair of driving lights to the bullbar, slaved to the highbeams. The fog lights are hella dynaview (slave to steering). and the projectors are HID.

-Paul

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information