Thread: bug guard

Post Thanks / Like
    I was noticing some pitting on my hood and belive it`s from traffic. while i do take good care of the blaze I figured she needed a bug shield.

Got the part from the subie dealer 69.00+tax

It came in a large box and was very well wraped My only complaint is of a STICKER on it that said no solvents to be used it should have been one of those vinal sticky things that work via static elec. I used spray and wipe to get the sticky mess off. The instucktions very good but I did a few things out of step. No words just pictures. The one thing i did is place all of the clips on and used them to hold the shield in place otherwise you have to put the two outer ones on last which poses a problem when you put the 3-m clear tape down in after thought i would like to have placed the guard then marked the spots to place the spots of 3-m then replaced the guard. I will remove them and do this during my prewinter cleaning. All in all it took 1/2 hour and only needed a few tools.

Post Thanks / Like
    good work...subaru`s rule...

<--- WRX owner

Jusitn

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by holland_patrick

I was noticing some pitting on my hood and belive it`s from traffic. while i do take good care of the blaze I figured she needed a bug shield.

Got the part from the subie dealer 69.00+tax

It came in a large box and was very well wraped My only complaint is of a STICKER on it that said no solvents to be used it should have been one of those vinal sticky things that work via static elec. I used spray and wipe to get the sticky mess off. The instucktions very good but I did a few things out of step. No words just pictures. The one thing i did is place all of the clips on and used them to hold the shield in place otherwise you have to put the two outer ones on last which poses a problem when you put the 3-m clear tape down in after thought i would like to have placed the guard then marked the spots to place the spots of 3-m then replaced the guard. I will remove them and do this during my prewinter cleaning. All in all it took 1/2 hour and only needed a few tools.

Hey, I`m glad I saw this post, since I was about to get one for my Forester. Just a quick question....Does it attach to the front via clips, or both clips and adhesive? I`m not that wild about using some heavy glue on my hood to hold the thing on, but I suppose it`s better than the "pitting" you mentioned.
    "Lex uno ore omnes alloquitur"

`05 Subaru Forester

Woodland Green / Symmetrical AWD

Post Thanks / Like
    Just clips no adhesive One note when you put it on use the clips to hold it in place then mark where the bottens are on the top then put your protective sticky-thinky`s on and the finish the instal

Thread Information