Post Thanks / Like
    Any rims out there that looks simliar to BBS LM? or thsoe mesh-looking type with bolts around the ring. If possible, not as expensive as BBS.. :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Racing Hart C2 or C4.....

Post Thanks / Like
    There are many replica wheel manufacturers that copy the BBS style. It will just depend on your application.

For example here is a BBS LM replica for sale on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=43957

Durability, weight and construction of the wheel along with the reputation of the seller also vary greatly. The actual BBS wheels are lightweight and Strong. When I raced bicycles there was a saying that applies in this case also....Lightweight, durable and inexpensive, pick two you can`t have all three.

Honolulu, Hawaii, Land of $6-per-gallon milk!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Axis Supermesh. Gorgeous wheel.
    "Crush enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!" - Conan the Barbarian, on what is good in life

Current ride: 1992 Toyota Cressida, last of the great ones, RWD rules, baby!

CIXELSYD
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I were you, Iâ€â„¢d save up money for the BBSâ€â„¢ or any other high-end wheel for that matter. Yes, I agree theyâ€â„¢re expensive. Though remember BBSâ€â„¢ in particular are very light-weight and remarkably strong . . . two major factors which determine the price. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    I would if I have a nice car. Unfortunately I don`t and I don`t want to spend time worry about the rims getting stolen. I used to own Rays Engineering LE37T, but it was WAY too much stress worrying about the rims getting stolen anywehre I go or worry the rims get curb rash when I parallel park. So, in the end I just want something that looks alike and allow me to toss the car around.

Post Thanks / Like
    the rivets are there for a reason, to hold the pieces of the wheel together. "don`t fake the funk" what is the point of having one piece wheels with rivets?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by hadboosttroy

the rivets are there for a reason, to hold the pieces of the wheel together. "don`t fake the funk" what is the point of having one piece wheels with rivets?

There are replica BBS rims that are two (2) piece rims where the rivets are functional. Just because the rim is a knockoff does not mean the rivets aren`t functional.

That said, while I am huge advocate of not faking and/or fronting something that is not there, what is actually wrong with buying something for the look, especially something like knockoff rims on a none high performance car?

Think of this example...1. How many people have spoilers on there cars here (factory or otherwise)? 2. How many are actually functional or part of the aerodynamics of the car?

Answers....1) Many and 2) very few. The reason race cars (and even some high performance street cars) have spoilers and/or wings are to control the air flow around the car for various reasons, including but not limited to cooling, down force or preventing lift. Most of the factory spoilers and most of the after market ones are for anesthetics only and not about function. There are exceptions to this rule but in general most are just there for a looks. Some cars really benefit (in the looks department) from the spoilers in my opinion, even if they donâ€â„¢t have any true function. Fake rivets on a non-high performance wheel are no different IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bet993

There are replica BBS rims that are two (2) piece rims where the rivets are functional. Just because the rim is a knockoff does not mean the rivets aren`t functional.

yes on two piece wheels they certainly would be functional, and i never said otherwise. i said what is the point of rivets on 1 PIECE WHEELS. (there is none)

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by hadboosttroy

yes on two piece wheels they certainly would be functional, and i never said otherwise. i said what is the point of rivets on 1 PIECE WHEELS. (there is none)

I agree there there is no point to rivets on one piece wheels other than looks....just like there is no reason to have most spoilers on cars other than looks.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, any other company that makes rims that looks similar to BBS LM (Mesh)? Cheaper the better..

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have to go with the Axis supermesh as well. A reputable manufacturer with a fairly inexpensive wheel.

www.wheelmax.com They usually have good prices on wheels. I have purchased a set from them before.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    yep, i guess i would have to go with the axis as well. good wheel for the price. or you can scour ebay for a while if you are patient, good deals come up on occasion.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have BBS RC`s and I love them. Like many have said, they are strong and lightweight, but they are expensive.

My RC`s are 18x7.5 and with the tires, they weight less than my 16x7 steelie winter wheels and tires.

Thread Information