Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    OK so i will be getting a 02-03 Acura RSX type-s in late april early march pending on how fast i sell my other car!! My first real dilemma is wut i should do for my extra boost!! Let me give you an idea of wut i will doing with the car! I will not be going to tracks or anything like thta but i will however be running people at race spots! I overall want something that can get up and go in general! I want something that i can drive daily but then on a friday sturday night cruise down to the race spot and race some people!! So thats where i stand now! I know where trhe turbo charges and super cargers stand as far a price, how they work, and wut not it`s not that i have no idea it`s just i need and opinions on want charge is best for this car!! Should I turbo-charge or super-cahrge and Acura RSX type-s?!?!?!?! Any input would be greatly appriciated!!! :up :up :up
    Kenny Miller

“The Perfect Touch Detailing”

**Making the world a more beautiful place, one car at a time. **

CIXELSYD
    Post Thanks / Like
    It`s all a matter of preference . . . people get in huge arguments over this subject. My recommendation is to find and drive both. Personally I prefer turbo . . . I`ve had both on my VW`s and find a turbo to be more spirited. If you plan on modifying after the initial charger install, you`ll find that a turbocharger offers more ways to gain horsepower. The supercharger is limited - belt size/PSI. Again, this is just my experience. Good luck. Either one will be very nice on your RSX

Post Thanks / Like
    It really all depends on your final power goal and how much you want to spend. If you want a moderate increase on the stock engine a supercharger is a straight-forward install that is easy to tune for because it has a pretty consistant output. If you want to be upgrading engine internals and lowering compression with high horsepower in mind a turbocharger can more easily be found to meet your goals. The performance drawbacks and benefits of each have been hashed out a million times over. If you have any specific questions, let me know. I`ve owned two different model turbo cars and one supercharged one that I eventually turbocharged....

Post Thanks / Like
    get a supercharder and a TURBO!! then throw some NAWZ on it!!!!

ok all joking aside, we can`t pick for you. its all on personal preference and your power gain expectations. this all comes down to research research research! and watch out for those pesky K serious... lots and lots of problems with modifying those.

Vernon

Post Thanks / Like
    vdog0531- I have heard a lot about the K-series but i am puzzled as to wut people are always talking about idk!

I have to say i love both turbos and superchargers but i feel like the supercharger would be more hidden the na turbo as far as sound at the line, or race spot and i like that, yet again i may end up losing power with other mods idk!!! :hm ugh!! lol
    Kenny Miller

“The Perfect Touch Detailing”

**Making the world a more beautiful place, one car at a time. **

Post Thanks / Like
    given that the engine is preaty small in displacement, you should try going for turbo. The supercharger will need power from the engine to start it. The turbo just uses exaust gases to get spooling.

HKS has supercharger kits for hondas though. Check into those.

Post Thanks / Like
    Twin-screw all the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    you want surpercharger cause its more stealth? hmm.. take a look at this pic and tell me you can`t hide a turbocharger pretty well.

Vernon

Post Thanks / Like
    worried about the front mount being visable? here ya go...

same car as above.

Vernon

Post Thanks / Like
    Vernon, I assume the K-series is the RSX itself, or the engine?

What problems have there been? I`ve always been under the impression that Honda motors are some of the best engineered around.
    -Glenn Jr.

There is always room to learn.

Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am a fan of superchargers because of the lack of boost lag. However, I`ve ridden in some twin turbo cars that spool up and lay the boost down pretty darn quick. Either way make sure you find a quality performance shop and someone that knows how to tune your combo or your motor is going to have a one way ticket to grenade-ville.
    Mike
    Sweating the Details Mobile Detailing Service
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    i prefer turbos over superchargers, only because i can save gas if i want to save gas. My turbo fully boosts at like 2500-3000 rpm.

rx7 turbo. since it is a daily driver, id think you would be using a pretty small turbo

But i also know that some supercharged cars such as the mr2 have some kind of special button that turns off the supercharger to save gas.

the only 2 questions are, do you care about a little bit of lag? and what kind of hp you have. You should already know that lower boost from turbos usually give more hp and torque compared to a supercharger. Uhhh what else. Superchargers and turbo chargers cost about the same but turbos as i said give lil more hp but more lag.

If you can make the supercharger turn on and off like mk1 mr2s id go with the supercharger just because you can turn it on and off.

its just all preference

edit: oo if you do with with turbo. it is all about money. if you have the money its pretty good. i bet you will be draging more than autocrossing type of stuff so keep with single is money is tight, turbo would be cool to show off though; i have not seen much twin turbos anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well i can tell you from experience that Turbo`s dont take as long to spool up as most people think. And if you are worried about that you could go with a Twin Turbo setup. But I went with a Turbo for my car and a bigger stall and didnt have a problem with too much lag even for the size of the turbo. And from a roll a turbo kicks *** and keeps going with plenty of power up top.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think he meant KKK turbos. They are a subcompany of Borg Werner that provides turbos to OEM`s

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information