Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Post Thanks / Like
    Reid: No prob, just bustin your hump

Post Thanks / Like
    as we say in hawaii: t`anks ah?

have a great weekend.
    Reid

2004 Azure Blue Ford Mustang Mach1

Honolulu, Hawaii, Land of $6-per-gallon milk!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by vick-e

But i also know that some supercharged cars such as the mr2 have some kind of special button that turns off the supercharger to save gas.

Late to the party as usual...

FYI, the supercharger setup in the AW22 MR2 Supercharged actually disengages the supercharger clutch at cruising RPMS automatically. No button needed. It`s a great little pocket-rocket, though!:xyxthumbs

I think the choice of a turbo vs. supercharger is best answered by driving both. Keep in mind that modern turbochargers for lower-boost applications often spool very quickly, as exemplified by the VW/Audi 1.8Ts that somehow reach full boost at (correct me if I`m wrong) only 1950 rpm. If you`re going for a big hp application (i.e. bigger turbo), remember that a 50-75-shot of nitrous can get that baby spooling quickly. Also, the turbo has a muffling effect, so it quiets down the exhaust a little bit. However, the dentist-drill whine gives it away.

Still, if you`re looking at an off-the-shelf kit like the Jackson, your goals are probably not so lofty. The Jackson kit, as I understand it, is a pretty thoroughly-engineered piece, and will probably give you what you`re looking for, in term of ease of installation, no complicated tuning procedures, and the satisfying low-end grunt missing from the K20. It really all depends on what your horsepower goals and intended use for the car are.

The centrifugal blowers like the Vortech seem to have the response issues that afflict turbos, though their horsepower production is nothing to sneeze at. You still have to deal with the charger eating horsepower, unlike a turbo, which is more efficient.

I am in total agreement with keeping the racing off the street and on the track. As hirosh will attest, we`ve had too many people, especially young ones in souped-up imports driving way over their ability, kill themselves and others, often spectacularly (remember the DSM that took out the traffic-management truck on the H-1 in Pearl City?).

Like most of the people here, I hate import-vs.-domestic arguments. We all have our preferences, the main thing is we like `em shiny!

Still, I am eagerly anticipating my eventual 7M-GTE conversion. Then I can go out and spank some rice-boys in my granny-car!
    "Crush enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!" - Conan the Barbarian, on what is good in life

Current ride: 1992 Toyota Cressida, last of the great ones, RWD rules, baby!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanx for all the greeaat advice! No doubt i am new to all of this and need to do my research!!! ANd sean good thought on the cobra!! not a bad idea! Idk i have to do some thinking and test drive some cars!! Thanx for all the help!!
    Kenny Miller

“The Perfect Touch Detailing”

**Making the world a more beautiful place, one car at a time. **

Post Thanks / Like
    The KA20 takes very well to bolt ons. You can see good gains with headers/intake/exhaust. Adding a good set of cams will really help.

I really don`t think the engine needs to be turbocharged. However...

http://www.maxpowertuning.com/greg.html

Post Thanks / Like
    aaaalso:

http://www.maxpowertuning.com/pull.MPG n/a

http://www.maxpowertuning.com/rsxvseclipsed.mpeg vs gsx ... the car ran a 12.8 at 108.

Cybernation Turbo Kit with the T3/60-1 upgraded turbocharger

Personally, I think a turbo fits the car much better. This car in stock type S form is in need of a LSD. This may be a better first mod to make than a turbo.

Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoy both, but for 4 cyl I go turbo

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmmmmm
    Kenny Miller

“The Perfect Touch Detailing”

**Making the world a more beautiful place, one car at a time. **

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information