Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey folks!!

I`ve been contemplating getting some new shoes for my WS6. Unfortunately there isn`t much to choose from for 4th generation f-bodies. I like these 18x9.5" SSR Competition`s mostly because of the light weight. I also think the anthracite color of the rim with the silver of my car will have a Z06 "look" to it.

Anyone have experience with these rims?? I know Mosca has them on his Miata.

Thanks,

Mike
    Mike
    Sweating the Details Mobile Detailing Service
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    Do they come in our correct offset?

They look good, but its extremely hard to tell what will look good on an Fbody until you get them on. If you want to be different try finding the new C6 ZO6 wheels or something. I will say I do like the color of it and will accent your car nicely.

Post Thanks / Like
    CutNAction...yep...they`ll fit our cars no problemo.
    Mike
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    Love them nothing looks better on a vehicle, rims with LIPS. If you get seal them with Meg#20

Post Thanks / Like
    SSR makes some great wheels, but mainly i have seen those wheels on front wheel drive vehicles. i have no idea how they would look on your ws6. honestly, i LOVE the way your car looks right now and i don`t think i could change it, but you see your car everday so i understand you might want a different look. if they come in the right offset, and you like them, why not try them out?

Vernon

Post Thanks / Like
    Vernon many thanks for the compliment!! I`ve had those rims (the Borbet`s) on my car since 4/2001. I love them...huge lip...bling-bling chrome and I have yet to see another f-body with them on. I still have the factory 5 spoke rims that came on my car that I had powder coated black. I fitted them with drag radials in the rear so when I want to go out and "play" I will usually have those fitted. They give the car an entirely different look...more mean than bling.

I`m just looking for something different. My car is starting to get "known" at the local shows and I wanted to maybe change the look a bit to keep it fresh.

newagain check out the rims on my car in my signature. Rims with lips and sealed with #20.
    Mike
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    1 clean ws6, hey man i seriously love your car so much. i`m a college kid so i am on all the time and if you aol instant messenger, my sn is "vdog0531" and i would love to talk more about your car. again, i think any wheels would look great on that handsome beast. any pics with the black stockers and the drag radials!!!

Vernon

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the SpeedStaR wheels alot especially the Competition series. Many of the 03-04 Cobras are wearing the SSR wheels now mostly in the GT3 style. I will be looking for rims to put on my Mystic Cobra in the near future and the SSR rims will be at the top of my list. I also like the BBS Plasma series for my 04 Cobra too. I think those SSR wheels will look great on your WS6. If you want to see them on your car go to TireRack.com and you can see those SSR wheels on your car. tirerack sells the SSR line of wheels.

Later, 04MysticCobra.

2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe

2004 Majestic Blue Maxima SE

Post Thanks / Like
    04MysticCobra... yes the BBS plasma`s are sexy sexy sexy wheels. i wish i could afford a ws6 or a cobra so i had these decisions to make!

Vernon

Post Thanks / Like
    i like the ssr comps... really good quality rims... im not sure how they would look on a fbody though... if the offsets are correct, they should look sick

Post Thanks / Like
    fbodies can be a challenge to shop for wheels. I have a special disdain for aftermarket when it comes to our limited 4th gens (ws6, SS, firehawk) in terms of swapping the stock wheels. However, that is only my opinion.

Look around and try to see what they would look like on the car. Often a wheel will look much better off of the car than it would in person. If it is what you want, and the fit is correct in terms of offset, then take a chance!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m gonna be frank and say No.

I love your car and the rims have to be perfect...while these would work and would be different, they don`t give that "MUSCLE" feel to the car.

Personally, one of my favorite rims out there for domestic muscle is the BBS RK and RK2`s. Have you thought of those?

Post Thanks / Like
    shop around dude. those rims may look nice on tuners but....

also they may be TOO light....if there is such a thing...wouldnt want a pothole to easily wreck your rim!

and also, get a `deep dish` look for your Rwd American muscle car (more lip!!)..stay with tradition (perhaps a 5 star look)!!

finally...i like fittipaldi `force` (tires.com) for a different twist on the classic five star look...check out the lip!!

Post Thanks / Like
    IMHO i dont like them. but they kinda look like the forgeline wheels.

http://www.forgeline.com/wheels/comp.html

and i think they look badass polished on a silver ws6.

but if your going to go ssr id take these.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Displ...2FMachined+Lip

Im currently in the market for new wheels and i have ROH`s fullypolished and im thing of going CCW but im undecided yet

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think they would look better than the current wheels on your car. They don`t look at all F-body to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information