Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to bring it up again, but just wondering if anybody here has tried those bridgestone fuzion tires. Just looking for more opinions as I`ll be needing some new tires soon and $ is kind of tight. Should have bought a spare set of yoko AVS intermediates when they were being discontinued.
    `86 Porsche 951 garnet red metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a set of the Fuzions on my Impala in 255/50/17. I cant give a full review because as of now I only have the rears. But, theyre a huge improvement over the BFGs I had on there before as far as wet traction and dry cornering grip.

I was able to get mine from a local tire dealer for $119 mounted in my size. I`m sure your size would be cheaper. Just google the Bridgestone Fuzions ZRi to find lots of reviews. Didnt find any bad reviews. Very good tire for the price. I`ve heard that theyre kinda of like renamed RE730s which was a very good tire. Good Luck!:up
    96 Impala SS, black

Post Thanks / Like
    I just read the 48 reviews for the Fuzion ZRi at TireRack. It seems that everyone was quite satisfied with the tire. What`s more, is that the Fuzions are even cheaper than the G-Force Sports (only $80 each), which are also rated very highly.

I`m actually leaning toward the Fuzions now. Seeing that people with Mustang Cobras, WS6s, and several other F-bodies were very happy with grip and cornering ability, I can`t see why I wouldn`t like them on the Maxima.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by White95Max

I just read the 48 reviews for the Fuzion ZRi at TireRack. It seems that everyone was quite satisfied with the tire. What`s more, is that the Fuzions are even cheaper than the G-Force Sports (only $80 each), which are also rated very highly.

I`m actually leaning toward the Fuzions now. Seeing that people with Mustang Cobras, WS6s, and several other F-bodies were very happy with grip and cornering ability, I can`t see why I wouldn`t like them on the Maxima.

I did a lot of research on the Fuzion ZRi and was very close to buying them, but went with the Falken 512`s in the end. My needs were a little different, as I wanted an all season tire because we get a fair amount of rain during the winter in the northwest and I also read a tire review site and by far and away, the Falkens had the most reviews than any other tire. I figured if that many people have used them, then they couldn`t be all that bad. So far, after about 1,000 miles, the Falkens have been excellent. Much better than a more expensive and highly rated Dunlop SP5000 that I had previous. You can`t go wrong with either tire. Check out onlinetire.com for prices on the Fuzion. That`s where I found the best price. Here`s a hint. If you buy 2 at a time, the shipping cost is cheaper than if you buy 4 at a time. Go figure?

Post Thanks / Like
    White95Max- The Fuzions sound like a pretty good plan.

PK1- Interesting about the differneces between cars huh? The Toyos understeered so badly on my wife`s 1st generation Audi S4 that my wife and I couldn`t stand them. As I recall, we replaced them with Bridgestones. When the wrong tire throws the handling out of whack you know it!

Originally posted by PK1

What tires are you using/recommend for the Audi Quattroâ€â„¢s? thinking of buying an S3 soon.

PK

I haven`t bought any worth recommending for quite a while as I don`t drive the S8 all that much and I ended up replacing the Goodyear Eagle LSs on my wife`s A8 with the same thing due to weird circumstances (she`d need one tire replaced, then two more, etc. so it was never feasible to get four new ones).

I would *not* get the Goodyears, that`s for sure, they`re just mediocre tires. But they work OK for what she`s using the car for these days and they`re cheap (maybe she`ll let me trade it in on something before she needs new tires again ).

The Dunlop Sport 8000s on the S8 seem pretty good, but they don`t work well in low temps (but that`s what snowtires are for, right?).

Back when we had more "interesting" quattros (modified turbos) we ran stuff like the summer-only Bridgestones and Michelin Pilots, tires that are pretty "track oriented". They wore fast but handled well. But again, this was few years ago and I`m not sure what the best choices would be today. I`d check an Auid forum.

But I think you`ll find that the OE tires that come on an S3 will be pretty good Just don`t get an "all weather" optional tire or anything like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 94BlkStang

Check out onlinetire.com for prices on the Fuzion. That`s where I found the best price.

I just went there and they apparently don`t carry Fuzion tires or Bridgestone?
    Paul...

Post Thanks / Like
    White Max, http://www.gilstire.com/gils_main.html <-- Thats where I got mine from. Send them a contact and see what they can do for ya. Good Luck!!

EDIT: refering to the Fuzions
    96 Impala SS, black

Post Thanks / Like
    They aren`t listed there either. You have to send them a message first?

TireRack has them for $78 each and they would be here in two days.

BTW, TireRack lists the 255/50/17s for $105. How much did you pay for each tire before the mounting and everything?
    Paul...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah well since theyre local to me they had them at the store by the afternoon. And my size were $119 mounted on the car.

I guess you would need to leave them a E-mail. But, Tirerack has great service too. What ever is best for you go for it. I dont think you`ll be dissapointed in your purchase.:xyxthumbs
    96 Impala SS, black

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I really like TireRack so that`s probably where I`ll order them from. Their service and quick shipping keep my going back to them.

And after shipping, the 4 Fuzions are only $350!
    Paul...

Post Thanks / Like

I just went there and they apparently don`t carry Fuzion tires or Bridgestone?

For some reason it doesn`t show them on their pull down menu on the front page, but if you put your size in for a search it will show in the list of tires available. Here`s a link that might work. If it doesn`t, do a search for your tire size and it should be there unless they don`t carry your size. You might want to call them also.

http://www.ec-securehost.com/OnlineT...html#FuzionZRi

Post Thanks / Like

Well I really like TireRack so that`s probably where I`ll order them from. Their service and quick shipping keep my going back to them.

And after shipping, the 4 Fuzions are only $350!

Tire Rack is a good place and has a good reputation. I just did a check on the Fuzions on my size from both Onlinetires and the Tire Rack, and Onlinetires was about $40.00 cheaper. A lot will depend where you live and what shipping will cost from each. You might see if Tire Rack will meet the Onlinetire.com price if it`s cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK I checked OnlineTire.com.

You had 225/60/16 selected in the link...what I need is 225/55/16. For those, it`s $75 each * 4 = $300.

Shipping = $54.81 (UPS Ground)

$54.81 + 300 = $354.81

TireRack

225/55/16 Fuzion ZRi:

$78 each * 4 = $312

Shipping = $36.22 (UPS Ground)

$36.22 + $312 = $348.22
    Paul...

Post Thanks / Like
    Since we`re discussing all sorts of tires in this thread: Anybody know where to find a good price on Kumho Ecsta ASX?

The best price I`ve found for a set of 215/40R17 is $89 at TireRack.com.

My selection is limited by the fact I need an 85 load rating or better, and most 40-series low-pros runan 83 load rating. Plus I get rain in the spring, summer and fall, so I can`t go with a pure summer tire.
    Men call cars "she" because it gives them at least one female they can claim to understand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Galcobar

Since we`re discussing all sorts of tires in this thread: Anybody know where to find a good price on Kumho Ecsta ASX?

The best price I`ve found for a set of 215/40R17 is $89 at TireRack.com.

My selection is limited by the fact I need an 85 load rating or better, and most 40-series low-pros runan 83 load rating. Plus I get rain in the spring, summer and fall, so I can`t go with a pure summer tire.

Have you considered the Falken Zeix 512`s? They have a load rating of 87 and are a Z rated all season tire. I just put a set on my Mustang and they have been excellent so far (about 500 miles). Great grip, nice ride and very quiet (I have a convertible). Discount tire has an excellent price on them also.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information