Post Thanks / Like
    Today I switched from the Bridgestone Potenza RE-040 to the new Michelin Pilot Sport 2 on my 17" wheels.

Their size is 225/45-17 but they fill much better the rim, they look better and as are wider should behave better too.

I also like their thread pattern design :up

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the regular Pilot Sport in the same size back in 2001.

Probably, the best tire I have ever had. From road noise down to sticky handling, they were a very, very solid all around ultra high performance dry weather tire. (They were good in rain too). I agree, the tread pattern was awesome!

However, I have snow in the winter and had issues! I didn`t want to spend the money on snow tires. I think the PS All Seasons are supposed to be great.

My only issue was tread life. They didn`t last very long. I know they are high performance, but I was still disapointed. Especially since they were a fortune to buy.

I replaced them with Sumitomo HTR+ Ultra High Performance All Season tires. $88 a piece!! I love them. It`s been 15,000 miles and barely a sign of wear (rotated @ every 6000 miles). I got them because f their tread life. I have done 100 mph numerous times with zero issues. Excellent snow traction too! The best tire for the money.

You can view them here:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....reModel=HTR%2B
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    They look great and are rated well enough We don`t have that brand here though, and as I`ve used mostly Goodyear and Bridgestone I decided to give Michelin a chance, with this new tire. They costed me 170 euros each :shocked but that`s how our prices are.

About that 100mph you did a few times, that`s uncommon there, isn`t it? Lats week I was driving on a highway followed by a new series 5 BMW at 220Km/h when we passed by a stoped on the right side Police car :scared Imagine what they thought when they saw us passing :p

I normally drive .... regular..., not that time though

Thread Information