Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to get a bedliner for my truck. I`ve looked at both dropin liners and talked to several dealers of spray on liners as well. Rhino, LineX, and local body shop that does it.

Do any of you truck owner have any suggestions on which liners you have and how they last and look. Any one have a color match liner. LineX will match the Bright Red of my truck for an extra fee. Others have told me that the color liners will fade over time.

Any thoughts would be appreciated
    2003 F150 Red Supercrew

1999 Sedan Deville Concours

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t get a color liner as it will fade over time. Line-X is a much better product IMO. Rhino has a nasty cottage cheese look & the texture is rubbery. Line-X is smooth & refined looking....far more pleasing to the eye. It is rock solid & has a life long warranty. I have loaded my truck with cinder blocks numerous times.......just tossed them in haphazardly & not a single divot. Also, get over the rail.....well worth it. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your info. I saw a LineX in a friend`s truck and it does look great. I`ll have to go visit the closest dealer when i get some time and discuss it with them.
    2003 F150 Red Supercrew

1999 Sedan Deville Concours

Post Thanks / Like
    go with the spray for sure.I have seen the box liner totally rot out the box! The hole box was ready to fall off.NOT pretty.
    Life is uncertain.......eat dessert first!

Post Thanks / Like
    In the past I had both Rhino liner and Perma-tech. The Rhino was black and would tend to fade but I could pressure wash and coat it with acyrilic floor wax which would restore the new look. The Perma-tech claims to have a UV protectant to reduce fading and so far I have seen very little fading. This is in a truck that is parked outside year round. The Line-x is a harder lining with a more uniform look but cargo tends to slide around more with Line-x. All the Line-x liners that I have seen tend to fade to gray. I have seen several Line-x liners peel from the bed but it looked like the failures were due to improper prep. Whatever one you go with ask how many coats of material will be sprayed. Its common for the dealers around here to spray the last few feet of the box with more coats to make the lining appear thicker. Also make sure that any fasteners that might require future removal be masked off or removed because once they are covered they are very difficult to remove. Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on what you are going to be using your truck for.

Dropin liners are good in that you can slide heavy loads in, and push them around, but then they have to be tied down.

Spray in liners look good longer, won`t abrade the bed and cause rust, don`t take up as much room in the box, but are "grippy". This is good and bad. You don`t need to tie down as much, but if you are trying to shift a heavy load, you have to lift it, instead of sliding it. And it`s pretty much permanent.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have LineX - it was the second thing I did to my new truck (the first was removing the dealer decal). They spray the tailgate end of the bed a little thicker because that`s the area that usually gets the most use. LineX does have a product - they call it a conditioner, I think - that is supposed to keep the color from fading as fast. I don`t use it, though, so cannot tell if it works.

I have had no problems with stuff sliding on mine, but it does fade - mine is black and is parked outside 24/7. What I really like about LineX is the fact that they remove all the hardware from the bed before applying it. That way, if you ever need to get to the tailgate handle mechanism, you don`t have to dig through the lining to get the screws out. They took out my tiedowns and bed bolts as well - a very clean looking installation.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have line-x in my Tundra. It is a great investment IMO. It does fade as my Truck is outside 24/7. I got the under the rail as my truck has the plastic caps on the bed. I have had zero problems with it. I got it in the standard black instead of colored.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a drop-in liner that came on my 2003 f150 and I hate it. It is almost imposible to keep clean. Worse yet, the "grooves" in the liner are almost imposible to dry after a wash. The liner is tough on the knees and everything slides around.

If you are looking for a drop-in style liner, take a look at the bedrug (www.bedrug.com). I may opt for one of these down the road.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a grey Speedliner and love it. If you don`t have bed caps then the over-the-railis definately wothit IMHO. My father has a red Speedliner on his 02 Z71 with no fading and it matches really well he gets all kinds of comments. I chose Speedliner because I have it on all the surfaces you walk on in my boat. It is a dark green and sits outside 24/7/365 and it has not faded enough to notice and it is over 3 years old.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got a new dually long box. I want to keep the paint looking good so I plane on getting a bed liner of some kind. I would prefer a drop in liner over a spray cause you cannot take the spray liner out if you want and also you can never get the painted factory finish back if you have a sprayed liner. What liner would you recommend. I need something very heavy duty cause rocks etc will be dropped on it.

User banned for shilling. -- moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Qwikliner it has a texture that is non-slip, but yet it is not rubbery, so if you are using the truck to carry dirt/mulch/gravel, like you would with a truck it is a very good surface to shovel and sweep stuff off of...

For the price, durability, function and application method, I highly recommend the qwikliner bed liner.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Qwikliner on mine. In my opinion it has less to do with the name and everything to do with the person applying the product.

I would visit the shops and look at freshly sprayed liners and start making my decision from there. I really don`t think there is much difference in the I have qwikliner in my current truck and love it... Have not had of the other spray ins to compare it to though...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had the drop in liners and hated them. Use one for a while and then remove it. You don`t think it will but it gets so much dirt under it and it slides a round enough, even when screwed down, to ruin the paint under it. We have the spray in Line-X in our work trucks and they are still like the day we had them done.

Post Thanks / Like
    My opinions:

For a new truck. Line-X spray liners are the best

lower cost alternatives: bedrug, rubber mat on bed/plastic on sides

for an old truck (like mine):

DIY spray liners: between $50-90, preparation is key as the bed needs to be abraded with a scotch brit pad/sandpaper, dust blown out, and then rolled on (do not use for 24hours to let the product set up). I actually use 2 coats on an older Ford Ranger and received many complements on the look and it held up well for the 3 years I had it.

Before anyone flames me, remember this is for an old truck.I cannot justify a $300-500 Line-X application for a truck worth $3500. When I break down and buy a newer truck, I will have a Line-X liner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information