Post Thanks / Like
    I`m looking for good door "ding" guards for my Lexus SC430.

I`ve picked-up a set from one site, and they are somewhat short. I should have purchased two sets to reach from one end of the door to the other.

Has anyone used these temp door guards? If so, where did you get them and did they work for you.

I found one site: Door Guards

There`s gotta be a "Autopia" type door guard..just for us!

Let me know..

Regards,

Deanski

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never used one or seen them in person. But swinging doors can come either low or high (from suv`s). Does it protect in both situations?

another thing that i worry about is that it might attract attention from people who are looking to deliberately damage cars.. But from the small pictures on that site you posted, it seems pretty inconspicuous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t think it protects from all angles, but does give a level of sercurity. It is black, ideal for my black car, heh.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder how powerful the magnet is, and if the backing would scratch the car. Other than that though, it`s seems very simlpe and effective, and if it blocks just 1 ding, it`s completely worth it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be EXTREMELY cautious with this product. It appears to be similar to the dingme-not. i ordered 4, each made a custom length for each door of my Maxima and it marred the paint :scared

Did you notice on the site how there is no clear photo of the product, just a side shot of it on the car? That`s a red flag for me.Looks like this product is a little different from the dingme-not in that one strip covers both doors on one side, I needed two seperate strips with the dingme-not.

But I wonder if this product is also a home made product. the dingme-not was a strip of rubber garage door insulation padded with foam,glued onto a magnetic trip with a metal hook-shaped piece riveted on to "prevent theft".I had to saw off the part on the two strips for my back doors becuase it wasn`t designed to hold into the space between the back doors and the body like with the front doors

I just did a search and the dingme-not website is no longer up. Could this site you`re showing be them again with a slightly different product?

Nifty invention but it was hazardous to the paint. If this product proves to be good, I`ll buy it immediately. Like all autopians, I absolutely despise dings and those who are so inconsiderate or jealous enough to leave them

Please let us know if you find out more about these dingguards
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, here`s the link to the ones I have.

Park Smart

As far as I can tell, no damage to the finish, as I put them on carefully and remove them straight off.

Regards.

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have those Park Smart type also but I went a step further. I noticed that the magnetic strip isn`t very strong do they slip off. What I did was poke holes at each end of the top and ran a ribbon through in a big loop so that I can simply put the ribbon over my window glass and close the window. The whole thing then is suspended in one place. Works very well! I only wish they were longer.

I`ll take a picture and post it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, me too on the length! Too damn short! Had to use two on each side as well to protect the SC430 when I was down in Wildwood on vacation. At least the hotel was kind enough to reserve a space under the hotel along one wall with cones. I even brought my Evolution 4 car cover! Thank God, no dings or scratches. Parking stalls are REALLY tight since they are on the beach (Ocean View Drive).

I found the strips also not as strong too. Kind of slipped once on the Zaino after I Z6`s it and wiped it down with my DFTowel Nice towels! Very nice! Everyone should have at least one!

Good idea on the ribbon. Maybe I`ll give it a shot if it ever gets parked out of view. My concern are always the wise *** who sees them and damages the finish anyway.

BTY, VERY NICE CAR! Congrads on all the wins! :xyxthumbs

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry about digging up an old thread but does anyone have any new products that they`ve tried to avoid door dings? Or is the magnetic door guard pretty much the only product now available? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    AFAIK only magnets. I learned the hard way a few years back how even very carefully putting them on can still mar paint
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby2
    sorry about digging up an old thread but does anyone have any new products that they`ve tried to avoid door dings? Or is the magnetic door guard pretty much the only product now available? Thanks.
    i was doing a search and i found this thread that i had posted on before. Anything new on the market that will help prevent door dings? Thanks.

Thread Information