Post Thanks / Like
    I had 50% SolarGuard window tint installed about 4 months ago and in the sun now, I noticed it looks very cloudy and very bright silverish look to it. It looks pretty bad. Almost looks like that tacky "chrome" tint I have seen before. Anyone know if this could possibly be poor install of the film or is it suppose to look like this? Thanks :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    This may just be grime on the tint. Plexus makes a plastic cleaner/protectant that is perfect for removing this grime without harming the tint. Can be found at most motorcycle shops ( used as visor cleaner by bikers). :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Nah, I am very sure the windows are very very clean. I use Stoners Invisible Glass weekly to clean the windows inside and out. It is definitely the film.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have found that using distilled water misted on the film and dried with a MF leaves less of a haze on the window treatment. This is after a film friendly cleaner if needed. Used a MF that has been washed a couple of times to prevent linting.
    Be Nice

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GTI2001

Nah, I am very sure the windows are very very clean. I use Stoners Invisible Glass weekly to clean the windows inside and out. It is definitely the film.

I thought the same thing able the hazing on my tint was the natural deterioration of it`s clarity. I too cleaned them frequently until someone at Autopia ( ? David mentioned Plexus. This product is not only a cleaner but also a polish ( non-abrasive). After one use - no haze. For ~$8 it is worth a try. Also Plexus is great for cleaning/polishing other smooth plastic items of the vehicle (i.e. lens (tail lights, turn signal,etc). After you try these methods and your problem still exist, then return to your installer ( most have warranty) so he can analysis your haze. Remember haze is also produced by improper cleaning which can lead to micro-marring of the tint. Again a product like Plexus will alleviate and/or eliminate some of this self-induced haze.

Its all about the details.

:wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GTI2001

If the cleaner your useing has some addtivie in it the tint can absorbe (SP) it and that can cause a film on the tint.

Post Thanks / Like
    I second giving Plexus a try. I thought my tint was going bad...it was on the car when I got it so I was unsure of it`s history. It was kinda foggy and just not really good to look through. I gave plexus a try and they became much clearer. Even if you do clean them a lot, they can be clean and still scratched/marred. Think about what happens everytime you clean it...you are rubbing a towel against it. Hopefully not a paper towel. Scratches/marring develop. The plexus helps hide these imperfections. The stuff impressed me, so even if it doesn`t fix your problem, you can still use it other places (gauge cluster, clock thingy, exterior lenses as previous poster mentioned...)
    Yes, it floats my boat.

Thread Information