Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I am inthe market for some brake pads. I am ordering some powerslot rotors and am looking for a low dust good brake pad. I have been looking at EBC but they give off to much dust I am told. What are some good high performance street pads out there these days

Post Thanks / Like
    Raybestos Quiet Stop Plus pads are a ceramic compound and very low dusting. They also seem to have better intial bite than the Axxis Metal Masters I had before.

Normally I am not a big fan of Raybestos pads, but the Quiet Stop Plus are definitely high quality pads.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I have metal masters on my car right now...I give em a 7.10.

you should give Raybestos a brake...err try, i have a friend that likes off roading and swears by them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just put on Raybestos QS pads. They seem pretty good in the 300 miles or so I`ve driven on them. I`ll need to clean my wheels once it stops raining and then see how much they dust.

Post Thanks / Like
    few thousand miles ago to dimpled and slotted rotors with kevlar pads from EBC on my Lightning.. :shocked WOWEE!!!! Not only is there a huge improvement in stopping the dusting went way down from stock..

IMO

Dana

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, QuietStops are not available for my car. However, I am going to get a set of Axxis Metal Masters for the front.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you`re willing to spend a little extra cash for some good pads, I suggest going with Stillen..

upgraded my rotors to Stillen Cross Drilled ones, and bought their pads.. i give them a 9... they are ABSOLUTELY incredible.. GREAT stopping power, and a lot less brake dust than before.. check them out

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, Stillen pads are Axxis Metal Masters. I found that out when I was upgrading my brake pads on my `94.

Post Thanks / Like
    EBC`s don`t last long at all! I hear the axxis ultimates or their metal masters are the way to go. I also hear great thing on Hawks.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by 2001civicex

[B]EBC`s don`t last long at all!

Since I have EBC`s (kevlar pads), where did you see or hear this?

also, I had Hawk`s after Performance Friction on my Mustang and they were not near as good as the Perf Friction..

Post Thanks / Like
    I know about the EBC`s from experience. Also if you search online for EBC brake pad reviews everyone says the same thing. They are good pads while they last but they don`t last at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    thinking to the pads not lasting is that something has to wear when you use your brakes.. I`d rather it be my pads rather than my rotors.. the EBC rotors werent exactly cheap.. but the system works very well for me..

Thanks

Dana

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my Metal Matrix (same as Metal Master) pads. I`ll let you know how they work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the EBC greenstuff pads, I`ve used them a second time all around with Zimmerman cross drilled rotors and like them. They`re rotor friendly and perform good for stopping the car with less dust than the OE pads. The Metal Masters are a good pad too, I`ve used them in the past with good service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now the biggest challenge is finding a set of Brembo Blank Rotors for the Maxima. I have tried several places and they do not have any in stock yet. When they get them, I am going to put them on with the new pads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information